Chateau De Noix, 25k and 10k sample order thread (1 Viewer)

Mine came today, thank you. Such pretty chips. Sadly, the envelope didn't provide enough protection. I suspect they were machined and not hand-sorted.

Bivey_Broken.JPG

I will post pictures later. My 10,000 is broken in half and the 25,000 was gone. When I pulled the envelope out of the mail box is could see a tear in the bottom of the envelope exactly the size of a chip. Sadness.

Yeah my 25k is in three pieces and was visible through a tear in the bottom of my envelope.

Sadly, my 10K had a portion snapped off too. I think a little super glue will put it back together good enough. Really nice chips.

clearly my post office has brutes manning the sorters. This may mean that those who have not paid may not get samples. I'll do my best to fix the situation. Please send me pictures of the broken chips with a request as to which need to be replaced.
Thanks, sorry, Bert

Fingers crossed for safe delivery (didn't show up THU).

May want to consider using 00 size bubble envelopes for small chip quantities going forward. Around 50c each plus a couple of bucks postage.

May want to consider using 00 size bubble envelopes for small chip quantities going forward. Around 50c each plus a couple of bucks postage.

What's sad, Dave, is that I don't need this advice. I just failed to follow it.

No such luck. Arrived today:

envelope - five small tears (not large enough for a chip, but big enough for chip pieces)
T10000 - three pieces and missing a chunk
T25000 - two pieces

Summary: Standard envelope not adequate for sacred chip deliveries. Okay for indestructible dice chips.

Got mine over the weekend, both arrived intact. Nice customs, congrats on the set.

Some unfortunate chunks taken out of the 10k chip but at least it is mostly a circle. Beautiful custom chips.

Oh man. So sorry to hear those chips broken. Let's keep a minute of silence for a fallen ones.
Let's see how they arrive across the Pond. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't care if I have to give my portion of chips away. All broken chips will be replaced at my expense. My apologies to all. None of you can know how embarrassed and sorry I am.

Perfect timing. Got me chips today. Gorgeous and both in one piece. Thank you.

Received an teared envelope today....:(
Unfortunately only the 10.000 Chip inside which luckily survived and is absolute gorgeous!
IMG_2527.JPG

Last edited:
Just an update. The last few weeks have been very trying for me. In addition to my sample chips being destroyed for many of you, I feel compelled to share other goings on in my life. I rushed to get samples out and while I take responsibility, I wanted to shed a little more light on my situation. I will be sending out new chips to those who lost 1 or both of the 10k or 25k chips. Please be patient with me.

As a few of you know, I was training for my first ironman triathlon for the past 6+ months. It was scheduled for June 28th - two days ago. By many measures, it was one of the most important parts of my life. While it does not solve world hunger or cure cancer, it is symbolic of many things. The struggles and triumphs of life are well represented in preparing for and racing in an ironman. I did not race this past weekend. My father-in-law has been battling Acute Myelogenous Leukemia for the past 2 1/2 months and last week he was readmitted after chemotherapy with a small fever. This blossomed into a serious infection and that infection claimed his life this morning. We sat vigil for 5 days in the hospital. I have never seen my wife suffer so horribly. She is so strong, but even the most courageous need support sometimes. It didn't help that our community was hit with a wildfire Sunday and some of my colleagues and friends lost their homes, including one of the oncologists taking care of my father-in-law.

I have had a tough week, but it has given me time to reflect. I share this with you as a plea to enjoy your loved ones and cherish your moments, no matter how big or small.

I'll get those samples out soon, safely packaged this time.

Thoughts and condolences go out to you and your family, Bert. Please focus on what is important.

Thoughts and prayers coming from Finland to you and your family. BIVEY_STRONG.

Just an update. The last few weeks have been very trying for me. In addition to my sample chips being destroyed for many of you, I feel compelled to share other goings on in my life. I rushed to get samples out and while I take responsibility, I wanted to shed a little more light on my situation. I will be sending out new chips to those who lost 1 or both of the 10k or 25k chips. Please be patient with me.

As a few of you know, I was training for my first ironman triathlon for the past 6+ months. It was scheduled for June 28th - two days ago. By many measures, it was one of the most important parts of my life. While it does not solve world hunger or cure cancer, it is symbolic of many things. The struggles and triumphs of life are well represented in preparing for and racing in an ironman. I did not race this past weekend. My father-in-law has been battling Acute Myelogenous Leukemia for the past 2 1/2 months and last week he was readmitted after chemotherapy with a small fever. This blossomed into a serious infection and that infection claimed his life this morning. We sat vigil for 5 days in the hospital. I have never seen my wife suffer so horribly. She is so strong, but even the most courageous need support sometimes. It didn't help that our community was hit with a wildfire Sunday and some of my colleagues and friends lost their homes, including one of the oncologists taking care of my father-in-law.

I have had a tough week, but it has given me time to reflect. I share this with you as a plea to enjoy your loved ones and cherish your moments, no matter how big or small.

I'll get those samples out soon, safely packaged this time.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Condolences on all that has happened so recently.

Condolences on the loss and all the suffering.

The samples can wait... and if you need something mindless to do, the samples can be processed. Do what helps you get by, for now, and know we'll be fine with it.

Keep breathing.

Hang in there. I'm sorry you missed your race. I know it isn't as devastating as loosing a family member or having a home burn but it surely is dissapointing to have worked hard toward a goal and to have missed it. Even though you obviously did the right thing for your loved ones. Competing next year will be even sweeter. Samples can wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom