New Via Lactea denoms - sample order thread (1 Viewer)

Disaster and redemption. Good news...clean breaks. We're all good...a little superglue and an airtite will make it all new again. The together picture is not glued, just pushed together.

I'm guessing these didn't all go out in bubble envelopes....... :confused:

2 more casualties here in NJ... :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449221789.619866.jpg

I'm guessing these didn't all go out in bubble envelopes....... :confused:

Correct - most went out using the method described here:

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mailing-1-or-2-chips-safely-with-one-stamp.6492/

and detailed more clearly in the original PMs in which everyone was given the option to pay the additional postage for a bubble envelope (which some took.) I also discussed this with my local postal worker, who is generally excellent and knows what's going on. He said this should be fine as long as all of the envelopes were sent specifically with "non-machinable" postage (not just regular stamps) which they were.

There have been zero reports of any breakage of the nickels - it appears that the bright white chips are (much) more fragile. :(

Waiting to determine a total count of the casualties. As of right now, the number is still under the threshold where all can be replaced. :sick:

Waiting to determine a total count of the casualties. As of right now, the number is still under the threshold where all can be replaced. :sick:

I'll take just one instead of replacing both. I only got two to give one away. I just want one to use as a card capper :)

Reactions: Ben
Correct - most went out using the method described here:

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mailing-1-or-2-chips-safely-with-one-stamp.6492/

and detailed more clearly in the original PMs in which everyone was given the option to pay the additional postage for a bubble envelope (which some took.) I also discussed this with my local postal worker, who is generally excellent and knows what's going on. He said this should be fine as long as all of the envelopes were sent specifically with "non-machinable" postage (not just regular stamps) which they were.

There have been zero reports of any breakage of the nickels - it appears that the bright white chips are (much) more fragile. :(

That really looks like roller damage to me, despite the "non-machinable" postage. The bright white material may be more fragile, but the fractures are mostly through spot edges. It might just be the large number of aligned weak spots in the 814 design contributing to the issue as well.

Have any of the bubble mailers turned up broken chips? I know we had zero fatalities with the Zombies in bubble mailers, though the "softest" chip in there would have been the unweighted Saturn Yellow chip, and they were all sandwiched 2 thick (with other chips in the set) for extra support through the machines.

Meanwhile this shit makes it through no problem. WTFUSPS?

95dywtj.jpg

Well I'll consider myself lucky as both chips survived. Sorry to all those who where not as fortunate.

Received in good order :)

Love them... and am happy I posted my rainbow chip mock up before you went public so-as to not be called a copycat :)

I'm just curious, is that chip bright white or white?

Definitely sucks that my supernova chip broke, but it's interesting to see that the inlay is very different than from a Paulson. I've never seen an inlay break clean off from a compression-molded chip like that. If there's no bonding that occurs between chip and inlay nor adhesive on the inlay/chip surface whatsoever, what makes it stick to the chip?

No replacement necessary for me. I was able to glue everything together perfectly. The chip didn't lose any material when it broke and fit together perfectly.

No replacement necessary for me. I was able to glue everything together perfectly. The chip didn't lose any material when it broke and fit together perfectly.

From what I'm told, they use a miniscule amount of adhesive to hold the inlay in place while pressing. The inlays themselves are held in by a vacuum.

The envelope came trashed, but no casualties here either. Man, that $500 chip looks better in person!

Another fatality in NJ, sad to say. I was going to avoid posting until I've glued it up, but I've been asked to respond.

Mine was a very clean two-piece break, along the spots, and inlays are perfect, so it will glue up perfect. No replacement needed.

That said, I included the envelope in my picture - the bar coding indicates that it went through the sorting machines. I don't think the chips were able to turn the corners; either that, or the rollers did them in.

upload_2015-12-5_11-23-40.png

The imprint of the chip on the index card envelope indicates some significant pressure was applied as well. I would suggest when mailing future samples this way, wrap each chip in saran wrap with a dice chip to act as a human chip shield.

First good use ever for dice chips.

Update: all necessary replacements should be available - many thanks to those who have offered to take one for the team in various ways, and a huge shoutout to @Racer96 for working with me to ensure enough replacements!

I have ordered up a new box of bubble mailers - with the holidays it will be towards the end of the week before they arrive. Obviously no more chips will be shipped in envelopes. :rolleyes: All the replacements and those of you I did not receive addresses from until early last week will be sent out at that point (those had not yet been shipped out yet - fortunately!)

@12thMan I'm chalking yours up as vaporized by the U.S. Mail at this point - please let me know if anything ever shows up.

@CdnBeerLover @Quicksilver-75 @stocky - let me know if by some miracle yours arrive intact. I don't hold out much hope at this point, but maybe your postal workers know what "nonmachinable" means. ;)

Everyone else was either shipped in bubble mailers, or not yet shipped. We should be OK. (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom