Yet ANOTHER sample thread - Hitching Post kill button (1 Viewer)

I was thinking about putting a live long horns head on it

I like that, but then the colors are pretty similar. Maybe if the skull version were a bleached white, instead?

I know it still has to go well with the epicness that is the Hitching Post, or I'd propose a raging red bull for the Kill side.

The Lions Den just started limit games with a kill.... so I'm IN. thanks a ton
389.jpg

Your avatar says two pair, but I only see one. Looks like it will hold up though.

I do not understand this thing you call "kill". But I am in for one.

I know Kills are most common in limit games, but is there any compelling reason not to play NL with a Kill? Wouldn't it serve similar roles in NL?

Granted, the person who posts a kill in Limit is often getting drawn into a hand with inferior cards because of their blind bet, and this effect isn't as strong in NL, where the first person to bring it in is like to bump it substantially... but the same effect is in play, albeit weaker.

And the "boosting the level of the game" effect is still there for novelty and excitement.

Seems much like an involuntary out-of-position straddle.

I know Kills are most common in limit games, but is there any compelling reason not to play NL with a Kill? Wouldn't it serve similar roles in NL?

Granted, the person who posts a kill in Limit is often getting drawn into a hand with inferior cards because of their blind bet, and this effect isn't as strong in NL, where the first person to bring it in is like to bump it substantially... but the same effect is in play, albeit weaker.

And the "boosting the level of the game" effect is still there for novelty and excitement.

Seems much like an involuntary out-of-position straddle.
I don't know. That's a question for smarter people than me.

Interesting question came up from last night's game.

What is the origin of calling it a 'kill'?

Interesting question came up from last night's game.

What is the origin of calling it a 'kill'?

I always assumed it was to "kill" the momentum of a player on a heater. No clue if that's accurate though.

Shutting this down tomorrow. If anyone else wants samples speak now.

Ok so samples are shut off. Prototyping first so it might be over a month before these are finished and shipped.

Last edited:
So, not sure how this happened but the one thing that did not come out right was the kill button. I'm confused because we used standard colors but somehow ended up with green buttons. These look like they were strains through spinach. I have an email in to GOCC seeing if we can rectify this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464139066.202757.jpg

So, not sure how this happened but the one thing that did not come out right was the kill button. I'm confused because we used standard colors but somehow ended up with green buttons. These look like they were strains through spinach. I have an email in to GOCC seeing if we can rectify this.

View attachment 42621

I cant see the green, might be my monitor, but looks pretty close to the mock up here.

Either way hope it gets sorted for you

These things are GREEN. Here is a comparison. The Browns and tans should be the exact same shade in both.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464139911.316463.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom