Another PCF 2022 Fantasy Football Thread...? (1 Viewer)

Yea, to be clear, I've never done PPR or Superflex, so I honestly didn't know how to value Pitts vs Mayfield. I know I needed a 2nd QB, and I already had 2 good TE's, so figured fk it, get Jimmy G out of my team because I just picked him as jokes.

No hard feelings for Mike, I should've done some more research. But also the extra $25 helped soften the land ;)

I saw that trade pending the other day, at first I thought it was crazy, then I remembered it's a superflex league, QBs are a hot commodity. Seemed reasonably fair to me. Also, I think Pitts is overvalued, and Baker is undervalued :unsure:

Yeah, I can get that. But from my point of view it was really lopsided because I am almost opposite of you: I am a big pits believer and try to get him on a lot of teams, one of the big reasons being I believe in his talent but also I think he’s the last of the tight ends that can seriously contend for top three.

And I don’t think Baker’s horrible, but I also feel like I could do better than him off the wire later on the season.

I could be very wrong though, it's happened at least once in my life before. ;)

Yeah, I can get that. But from my point of view it was really lopsided because I am almost opposite of you: I am a big pits believer and try to get him on a lot of teams, one of the big reasons being I believe in his talent but also I think he’s the last of the tight ends that can seriously contend for top three.

And I don’t think Baker’s horrible, but I also feel like I could do better than him off the wire later on the season.

I could be very wrong though, it's happened at least once in my life before. ;)
I believe I'm luckier than most and Baker will be the sleepiest of all sleepers.

As far as the voting thing for trades go I leave that active in my league that I am a commissioner of with the Xpress understanding if you vote no there better be a damn good reason.

i’m a commissioner of a buddies league that will be 15 years old next year and will draft in Vegas for the second time, to me the most important thing is to not have any power. The commissioner before me for the first five years was absolutely horrible and used it as some sort of power trip leverage thing, it’s so gross to me that I can’t even make small decisions without putting it to a vote because I don’t want to be like that.

I agree, trades should not be vetoed for any reason other than 100% obvious collusion or someone trying to screw someone else over. Someone can always come up with a reason why it’s a horrible trade for someone, too much of a grey area.

One thing that I put to vote as a rule in a few of our leagues: Trades are for players or draft picks only. No outside money or merchandise, I just hate that stuff and most of the people in the leagues feel the same way.

Again, sincerely, not saying you did anything wrong because I play in another league where players are routinely traded for money or weed. Lol ;)

Alright cool so u're a commish also and know where I'm coming from. I'll reiterate again, just saying all trades will be pretty much be approved unless it's so egregious that several other league members object to it, & then at that point we can let a vote decide.

(btw Baldwin was j/k, no cash exchanged hands & he paid his full $50 entry fee.)

Yeah, QBs are probably more valuable in our league than most people treated them at the auction. But Baker for Pitts valuable? Shrug. I guess We’ll see.
Because of the QB value, it’s not that bad. If it were a 1 QB league, I’d have to ask how valuable was the rack of chips he received for Kyle Pitts lol

Also, in one of my leagues, 2 people who are not involved in the trade must approve before processing. If you can’t have 2 people say it’s fair, something is obviously wrong.

Only once in my 15 years of running my league have I ever had to veto a trade and it was honestly a BS trade between two guys who were coworkers and one was completely out of the running to make the playoffs.

Alright cool so u're a commish also and know where I'm coming from. I'll reiterate again, just saying all trades will be pretty much be approved unless it's so egregious that several other league members object to it, & then at that point we can let a vote decide.

I 100% percent know where you’re coming from and 100% respect how you deal with it and leagues you comish. It’s all personal preference, and you know your players better than anybody.

Because of the QB value, it’s not that bad. If it were a 1 QB league, I’d have to ask how valuable was the rack of chips he received for Kyle Pitts lol

Yeah, it’s definitely not horrible. And I’m sorry if I made it sound like that in my original comments. It almost all trades there are sides we’d rather have, This one I’d rather have the Kyle Pittside. But that doesn’t mean I’m right, Pitts could put up another one touchdown year and Baker could show why he was such a high draft pick.

Sorry guys I use voice to text as I’m doing 1000 other things, I’m that guy that you have to decipher the message but I think you’ll get the idea

I 100% percent know where you’re coming from and 100% respect how you deal with it and leagues you comish. It’s all personal preference, and you know your players better than anybody.

Yeah, it’s definitely not horrible. And I’m sorry if I made it sound like that in my original comments. It almost all trades there are sides we’d rather have, This one I’d rather have the Kyle Pittside. But that doesn’t mean I’m right, Pitts could put up another one touchdown year and Baker could show why he was such a high draft pick.
You didn’t. I mean, I can make a valid argument for both sides so it’s not terrible.

yea lol if it wasn't clear I was just joking about Mike giving me cash for the trade HAHA. It's a friendly and low buy-in league so I don't really care what happens. Just happy to learn new drafts and be part of more than 1 league :p

yea lol if it wasn't clear I was just joking about Mike giving me cash for the trade HAHA. It's a friendly and low buy-in league so I don't really care what happens. Just happy to learn new drafts and be part of more than 1 league :p
If anyone wants to send me some BTP or RPC Chips, I’ll gladly send you Derrick a Henry and Cooper Kupp :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If the commish gets upset, I’ll send him a barrel or 2.

Oh, speaking of low buy-in, was there an announcement of payouts?
1st, 2nd, 3rd?
Winner take all?

Sorry guys I use voice to text as I’m doing 1000 other things, I’m that guy that you have to decipher the message but I think you’ll get the idea

Nah, we're all good @12thMan no apologies necessary. I think we all saw the wink-wink emojis and knew u were messin around. It's unfortunate but I just think generally when a trade looks in favor for the Commish of any league, eyebrows get raised. It's just natural.

Bro... most definitely glad this league was a smaller buy-in as I'm now beginning to realize we're swimming in a pool full of Sharks!

Last edited:
btw guys, my fat fingers accidentally dropped Kittle for Wan'dale. I meant to drop Brissett for Wan'dale. I've put Kittle back on my waiver wire, but I assume some of ya'll will want to bid on him :)

he's open season

btw guys, my fat fingers accidentally dropped Kittle for Wan'dale. I meant to drop Brissett for Wan'dale. I've put Kittle back on my waiver wire, but I assume some of ya'll will want to bid on him :)

he's open season
If it’s an accident and reported, it should be corrected, no?

already been reported, was offered to reverse, but some players were excited to bid on him. I still have Schultz, so not all is lost.

If it’s an accident and reported, it should be corrected, no?

Hey folks I feel bad for not mentioning that everyone needs to be VERY CAREFUL about who you drop or add. The PCF = Poker Chip Football league does NOT use the Yahoo "Can't Cut List" so if u drop a stud, there's no protection.

The above situation appears to be a genuine mistake however, & I'm ok with restoring Kittle back to the original owner's roster as 1 time exception. If anyone has an issue with that, pls pm directly with your concerns.

already been reported, was offered to reverse, but some players were excited to bid on him. I still have Schultz, so not all is lost.

Naw if it's an honest mistake, this should be reversed @quintooo. I wanna win a fantasy trophy just as much as the next guy, but we don't need to be ruthless savages about it.

Hey folks I feel bad for not mentioning that everyone needs to be VERY CAREFUL about who you drop or add. The PCF = Poker Chip Football league does NOT use the Yahoo "Can't Cut List" so if u drop a stud, there's no protection.

The above situation appears to be a genuine mistake however, & I'm ok with restoring Kittle back to the original owner's roster as 1 time exception. If anyone has an issue with that, pls pm directly with your concerns.

Naw if it's an honest mistake, this should be reversed @quintooo. I wanna win a fantasy trophy just as much as the next guy, but we don't need to be ruthless savages about it.

My pick that I wanted in every league (but I got him in none) scores on the first drive of the season :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom