PCF Fantasy Football 2023 (Salary Cap Draft + Super Flex position) (2 Viewers)

Appreciate the feedback!

The rule was put in place a few years ago. In the final week of regular season, the last place team had given up, and was not paying attention to his lineup. He started a player on a Bye week, and ended up losing his matchup. But, if he had played any of the players available to him on his bench, he would have won. This had repercussions across the league, as the team he lost to ended up getting the final playoff spot. If the guy had started a complete lineup, someone else would've gotten that playoff spot. Hence, the new rule.
You should put someone in charge of that. This happens all the time when teams are out of the playoff hunt. The commissioner or whoever is in charge should be contacting the manager and telling him to put someone in. If they don't answer then a player on their bench who's projected to get the most points should be put in by the commissioner.

You should put someone in charge of that. This happens all the time when teams are out of the playoff hunt. The commissioner or whoever is in charge should be contacting the manager and telling him to put someone in. If they don't answer then a player on their bench who's projected to get the most points should be put in by the commissioner.

Funny thing is, the same guy did it again this year! It happened in week 9, the offending manager had not won a game all season, and he was going against the undefeated team in the league.

I post a weekly recap every Tuesday, and I specifically called him out that week, reminding him to set his lineup bc McCaffrrey was on a bye. We also reminded him several times in the group text.

Well, he didn't check his lineup until 11 minutes after the early games had already kicked off Sunday. So he ended up with an empty roster spot. The best part is, if he had used any other RB on his bench, he would've beaten the undefeated team. So I slapped him with a $25 fine and lots of public shaming.

Regarding commissioners adjusting teams lineups for them, I won't ever do that. It's one step too far for me

Funny thing is, the same guy did it again this year! It happened in week 9, the offending manager had not won a game all season, and he was going against the undefeated team in the league.

I post a weekly recap every Tuesday, and I specifically called him out that week, reminding him to set his lineup bc McCaffrrey was on a bye. We also reminded him several times in the group text.

Well, he didn't check his lineup until 11 minutes after the early games had already kicked off Sunday. So he ended up with an empty roster spot. The best part is, if he had used any other RB on his bench, he would've beaten the undefeated team. So I slapped him with a $25 fine and lots of public shaming.

Regarding commissioners adjusting teams lineups for them, I won't ever do that. It's one step too far for me
As long as it's in the rules and you send a group text out 10 minutes before game time you're not over stepping, you're keeping the integrity of the league in tact. That's why we use the person on the bench that's projected to get the most that week. Their is no judgement from you on who to start.

But on the flip side, when I did check in at 1:06, I realized I didn’t have another tight end. I valued Taysom Hill (at the time, ha) and wouldn’t have wanted to cut him for some waiver wire chump who likely wouldn’t have helped in a game that I expected to lose anyway. So if I’d made that strategic decision, I could still be fined?
No sir, you don’t like that rule.

Right, that's exactly why I like the wiggle room I give myself to make these decisions. Not all offenses are equal.

I do go a bit overboard with fantasy football in general. I made a league website, and post weekly recaps for fun. Also, the rules in full are posted on the site too
https://rondyfantasyfootba.wixsite.com/rondyfantasyfootball

Right, that's exactly why I like the wiggle room I give myself to make these decisions. Not all offenses are equal.

I do go a bit overboard with fantasy football in general. I made a league website, and post weekly recaps for fun. Also, the rules in full are posted on the site too
https://rondyfantasyfootba.wixsite.com/rondyfantasyfootball
Wow! Impressive!
I'm shocked you put so much time into this and you wouldn't be ok with changing out an incorrect lineup. I'd be overly angry if I didn't make the playoffs because someone didn't care to set a lineup. I bet if you brought it up that way the league would agree.

Wow! Impressive!
I'm shocked you put so much time into this and you wouldn't be ok with changing out an incorrect lineup. I'd be overly angry if I didn't make the playoffs because someone didn't care to set a lineup. I bet if you brought it up that way the league would agree.

Haha, thanks! Sometimes I'm shocked myself with how much time I sink into this :LOL: :laugh:

For me, it's more about not wanting to play God. The reality is the reality, and I don't want to interfere. I will impose penalties, but that's it.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get some impartial opinions from third parties regarding a debate in another league.

This league has rules posted about starting a complete lineup. Below is a screenshot of the rules that are relevant to this issue

View attachment 1242094View attachment 1242095

Below is the matchup in question
View attachment 1242096
All of Team B's players completed their games by the end of the Sunday 4pm games. Team A had 1 player left to play, the Baltimore Defense at 8pm. Team A removed the defense from his lineup, to avoid the possibility of getting negative points.

In your opinion, is Team A breaking any rules?
The answer to your question is a crystal clear no rule was broken. As to best practices for rules around setting complete lineups, that's a can of worms

I knew Joe Flacco was all my team needed ....

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

Congrats to @Josh Kifer and @Mondaynight for making the title game.
We got one team manager who failed to draft a QB in a 2QB league :unsure:, vs. another who lost their only drafted QB & Mark Andrews to the IR... What else can I say but well played fellas, I tip my fantasy cap to y'all.
If i can recover from all of this emotional damage and post-season heartbreak, we may just run it back again for next season.

Also, heads up that i'm outa town. I will reach out when I'm back around Jan. 4 to get the winners squared away, thanks for your patience.

Congrats to @Josh Kifer and @Mondaynight for making the title game.
We got one team manager who failed to draft a QB in a 2QB league :unsure:, vs. another who lost their only drafted QB & Mark Andrews to the IR... What else can I say but well played fellas, I tip my fantasy cap to y'all.
If i can recover from all of this emotional damage and post-season heartbreak, we may just run it back again for next season.

Also, heads up that i'm outa town. I will reach out when I'm back around Jan. 4 to get the winners squared away, thanks for your patience.
Lol. Fucking wild.

Looks like we’ve got ourselves a matchup @Josh Kifer. Trash talking has done me no good in other leagues this year, so best of luck to you. We’ve got great locker room chemistry this year. Things are finally clicking for us down the stretch.
I read this as, “f you @Josh Kifer my team is about to kick the dog shit (pun intended) out of you and take this year’s fantasy title.”

Maybe it’s just me.

Winnings have been distributed. Happy new year everyone and I hope to see you all again at the 2024 Draft.

View attachment 1250262
Damn didn’t realize I put up 228 last week. If I didn’t get Kifered in round 1 I think I would’ve rolled to the title.

Congrats to @Mondaynight never would’ve guessed the no QB team leaving the draft could win

Damn didn’t realize I put up 228 last week. If I didn’t get Kifered in round 1 I think I would’ve rolled to the title.

Congrats to @Mondaynight never would’ve guessed the no QB team leaving the draft could win
If it’s any consolation, I never would’ve guessed as well. I would like to thank my strength and conditioning coach for the lack of injuries, and the $100 I spent on Puka Nacua in week 1. See ya next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom