PCF Fantasy Football 2023 (Salary Cap Draft + Super Flex position) (3 Viewers)

@dpeks13 With a mega flex this week, putting up over 200 with inactive Amon Ra in the lineup. Very impressive.
@Mandos If u thought that was impressive then you'll love this week's winning strategy by @dpeks13 aka Mr. Mega Flex.

Dude had NO Tight End, started Bijan Robinson on Bye, used Vegas over the 49ers defense, AND also started Tyson Bagent as his QB2 :x :cool
I normally don't advise trying to give a win away, but Holy mother of God that was pretty unreal.

@Mandos If u thought that was impressive then you'll love this week's winning strategy by @dpeks13 aka Mr. Mega Flex.

Dude had NO Tight End, started Bijan Robinson on Bye, used Vegas over the 49ers defense, AND also started Tyson Bagent as his QB2 :x :cool
I normally don't advise trying to give a win away, but Holy mother of God that was pretty unreal.

I appreciate him trying to give me a chance to win

Don't know if you followed the game monday night but Dobbs gave it his best effort to throw the match your way. He got up to -5 points at one point before turning it around.

I did watch the game, but with more of an eye on my other league. I had Hockenson and Vikings D. Needed 28 points to complete the comeback. I was up by 0.05 points with 2 minutes to go. The Bears final drive knocked enough points off my Defense, and I lost by 1.5

The King of Bad Beats!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get some impartial opinions from third parties regarding a debate in another league.

This league has rules posted about starting a complete lineup. Below is a screenshot of the rules that are relevant to this issue

1000004472.jpg
1000004473.jpg

Below is the matchup in question
1000004471.jpg

All of Team B's players completed their games by the end of the Sunday 4pm games. Team A had 1 player left to play, the Baltimore Defense at 8pm. Team A removed the defense from his lineup, to avoid the possibility of getting negative points.

In your opinion, is Team A breaking any rules?

I don’t think there’s even a question here - according to that exception, he’s allowed to bench his DST for strategic purposes. I say no rule broken!

In my opinion, it’s a stupid exception to an equally stupid rule. Any rule that includes the words “can be interpreted” requires judgement and guesswork, which is never a good thing. And I’ve never understood these “legal lineup” rules anyway. Who cares? If somebody doesn’t want to start a player, where’s the harm? And for what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure an NFL team is allowed to play with 10 men on the field.

Anyway, I’d 100% dump that exception, no matter what. But I’d dump the rule, too.

I don’t think there’s even a question here - according to that exception, he’s allowed to bench his DST for strategic purposes. I say no rule broken!

In my opinion, it’s a stupid exception to an equally stupid rule. Any rule that includes the words “can be interpreted” requires judgement and guesswork, which is never a good thing. And I’ve never understood these “legal lineup” rules anyway. Who cares? If somebody doesn’t want to start a player, where’s the harm? And for what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure an NFL team is allowed to play with 10 men on the field.

Anyway, I’d 100% dump that exception, no matter what. But I’d dump the rule, too.

Appreciate the feedback!

The rule was put in place a few years ago. In the final week of regular season, the last place team had given up, and was not paying attention to his lineup. He started a player on a Bye week, and ended up losing his matchup. But, if he had played any of the players available to him on his bench, he would have won. This had repercussions across the league, as the team he lost to ended up getting the final playoff spot. If the guy had started a complete lineup, someone else would've gotten that playoff spot. Hence, the new rule.

I agree with @upNdown - this is clearly outlined as a "possible exception" not sure what that actually means, but it's in there.

Just curious, in your example, what's the penalty for the Violation?

Usually a fine, anywhere from $5 -$50, based on the commisioners judgement

Appreciate the feedback!

The rule was put in place a few years ago. In the final week of regular season, the last place team had given up, and was not paying attention to his lineup. He started a player on a Bye week, and ended up losing his matchup. But, if he had played any of the players available to him on his bench, he would have won. This had repercussions across the league, as the team he lost to ended up getting the final playoff spot. If the guy had started a complete lineup, someone else would've gotten that playoff spot. Hence, the new rule.
My response to that situation is, oh well that’s life. But if the league likes the rule, fine for them.
My question is, what’s the remedy? Does the Commishioner pick someday from the guys bench to fill the slot afterward? How does he decide which guy to start? What if he doesn’t have somebody on his bench, does the Commishioner grab a free agent for him and stick him in the lineup?

That answers my question, thanks.
But again - get judgement out of your rules (and fines!)

I'll have to think about reworking the rules. Part of me likes the ability to interpret, consider context, and make judgement calls. It's a nice blend of democracy and dictatorship.

But, I see your point.

As another example, there was another team that broke the rule this week. He started Josh Jacobs who was Out with an injury. But he, and the other team, have both been out of playoff contention for a few weeks. Also, it didn't really affect the outcome of the Match, as he stil won by 40 points. In this case, he's just getting a warning.

I dunno. I actually started an injured Taysom Hill last week in this league right here. And I was playing for first place at the time! I just got preoccupied with my other league and getting a few bets in on draftkings, and by the time I realized Hill was still in my lineup, the game had just kicked off and I couldn’t change it. It was an honest mistake made by an active league member - fining me cash money afterward would be adding insult to injury.

But on the flip side, when I did check in at 1:06, I realized I didn’t have another tight end. I valued Taysom Hill (at the time, ha) and wouldn’t have wanted to cut him for some waiver wire chump who likely wouldn’t have helped in a game that I expected to lose anyway. So if I’d made that strategic decision, I could still be fined?
No sir, you don’t like that rule.

Anyway, I’ve been playing fantasy sports since the late 1980s and I’ve pretty much seen it all and I love to talk about it. So don’t mind my rantings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom