Inner Circle Poker (2 Viewers)

Love seeing these threads! Definitely following. My group started with tournaments and evolved into low stakes cash.
Thank you very much! I am a big fan of different home game threads as well. I love seeing all the little things that make each home game unique!

This looks amazing hah

How did you work out the blinds structure for the tournaments?

This looks amazing hah

How did you work out the blinds structure for the tournaments?

Thank you very much! When we were just starting out the home game YouTube videos from @Chris Manzoni were very helpful. He does a great job covering about everything you need to run a successful home game. I can't recommend his videos enough! Here is a link to his video on tournament structure and starting stacks. Most of the time we run T25 base tournaments with 10000 chip starting stacks. We have never used any ante either due to most of our tournaments being 15 or less players.

Also if you are using some kind of blinds timer app then it will most likely help you determine a blind structure to use. I know the Blinds Are Up! app asks you a number of questions when you are setting up a tournament to help keep your tournament ending at a decent time and not let it run on all night if you don't want it to.

After you have been running tournaments for awhile, you will get a feel for how things are working out and it will be easier to adjust different aspects of your blind structure depending on your needs.

I've watched almost all of his videos and they helped me a ton hah

I am looking for a tournament stack and blinds structure that will work with a 5,000 starting stack where the lowest denomination chip is T5, I wanna make it between 3-4 hours long.

I've watched almost all of his videos and they helped me a ton hah

I am looking for a tournament stack and blinds structure that will work with a 5,000 starting stack where the lowest denomination chip is T5, I wanna make it between 3-4 hours long.
Have you tried the tournament builder resource?

Getting ready for our Untamed tournament with new custom chips (labeled with the help of @MrBoosh) and our new kick ass topper from @rjdev7 designed by @aaron2786! This annual tournament coincides with our Untamed fantasy football league draft and will be our biggest yet with 22 expected players. Can’t wait!

IMG_2206.jpeg
Resized_IMG_1193.jpeg

Yesterday was our Untamed Fantasy Football draft followed by the annual Inner Circle Poker Untamed Tournament. I think I did much better in the fantasy draft than I did in the tournament. @TravNasty was the gracious host for the evening. He put together an amazing tournament! We blew our old attendance record out of the atmosphere. We had 22 participants in this tournament. Our previous record was 15.

Here are a few pics of the awesome evening. We were able to put together a 3 table tournament for the first time.

20230826_175850.jpg

Table 1 was our final table and had our new topper from @rjdev7 that was beautifully designed by @aaron2786 just for this tournament. He did an awesome job with the Untamed logo as well!

20230825_142917.jpg

On with the rest of the evening. I did not fair too well in this tournament. I was the defending champion but got knocked out just after the rebuy period ended because I bluffed at the wrong time chasing a nut flush draw and missed.

@YeaIKno featured in this pic went on for a 3rd place finish for the evening!

20230826_214409.jpg

More random pics...

20230826_223439.jpg

20230826_223449.jpg

20230826_223430 (2).jpg

20230826_224008.jpg

The Untamed Tournament is one of our 3 bracelet events for the year. Here is the bracelet for this year's event.

20230827_022113.jpg

In the end, @TravNasty was finally able to get his first major tournament win and earn his first bracelet as well!

20230827_022950.jpg

The final hand.

VideoCapture_20230827-175221.jpg

It was a fun and epic tournament! Congrats to @TravNasty for winning the event and to @YeaIKno for taking home 3rd place. @Bfow0804 lasted longer than I did but we both spent most of the night at the cash game table.

Our next tournament coming up is going to be a James Bond themed tournament hosted by @Bfow0804. We plan on making this an annual thing. Since it is our first Bond tournament we named it along the lines of the first Bond movie, Dr No. Our tournament is called the "Dr. No" Limit Holdem Tournament. ;) The flyer for this one was fun. It stars @Bfow0804 and myself as the characters on it.

Logopit_1693273510656_1693275571735.png

I have been trying to get more comfortable with using the Tournament Director software this season. I feel like I am getting a little better at it each tournament. Tonight I am playing around with custom audio for our upcoming Bond themed tourney. Here is a short video demonstrating the knockout sound we will be using.

I gotta get some of the keyboard shortcuts down. I feel like once that’s dialed in, TTD is the best.

It seems like the only shortcuts I use are 'X' and 'Spacebar'. The knockout button and the pause the timer every now and then. I'm sure there are a million things I am missing and could be more efficient with though. Hopefully those will come with time. I usually learn something new everytime I browse the TD forum. I just don't browse it enough.

This weekend @Bfow0804 hosted our first annual James Bond themed tournament. Each year we will change the name slightly based off of different Bond movies. Since this was the first year, we chose to name this tournament after the first Bond movie, Dr No. Our tournament was called the Dr No "Limit Holdem" Tournament.

We had a costume contest where players who dressed up in a Bond themed costume would earn an extra 2000 chips and the best overall costume would win another extra 2000 chips to start with.

@Bfow0804 as Bond, Bfow0804 Bond!

20230916_190344.jpg

@TravNasty also as Bond, TravNasty Bond!

20230916_190318.jpg

Myself as the very evil, Dr No Limit Holdem with Mister Butterscotch! Side note, the scars on my face were caused by Mister Butterscotch on the ride over to the tournament. We hit a pothole and he got startled.

20230916_154219.jpg

Here is a group shot of the three of us.

20230916_190636.jpg

And another WITH evil laser beams!!!!

20230916_190501.jpg

We had a lot of great costumes at this event! I was surprised at how many people dressed up actually. We always feel like we never get enough pictures taken during our events when it is all said and done. I wish we had gotten a few more of the costumes. I can't post one of the great costumes. It will scar everyone for life. One of our members wore a 2 piece bikini and dressed as a Bond girl. He was a very hairy Bond girl! :oops:@TravNasty. May have another pick or two of costumes to share.

The tournament was lots of fun! We had two full tables of 18 at this event. The Bond themed Tournament Director was great. We had lots of fun Bond sounds for knockouts and new levels. Here are a few more picks. Mostly everyone changed out of their costumes right after the judging since it was a little warm for some of the costumes.

20230916_202508.jpg

@YeaIKno with the skeleton costume in the background.

20230916_202516.jpg

The final table. I ended up going out on a big bluff at the final table that I was hoping @TravNasty wouldn't call. But he did. How evil of him!!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20230916_234423.jpg

Here is the heads-up battle.

20230917_012829.jpg

The final hand.

20230917_012838.jpg

In the end, our league member Justin ended up defeating @TravNasty to take home his first win! Trav had another great showing taking home 2nd after winning last month's tourney.

Justin after his big win!

20230917_012906.jpg

Justin also won a couple of bullet bottle openers that went to the winner of this Bond tournament.

We did get the CDI card mold set into play for this tournament. They were a pretty cool set to play with!

Overall it was a really fun night and a great event!!! I am already looking forward to doing it again next year!

This weekend @Bfow0804 hosted our first annual James Bond themed tournament. Each year we will change the name slightly based off of different Bond movies. Since this was the first year, we chose to name this tournament after the first Bond movie, Dr No. Our tournament was called the Dr No "Limit Holdem" Tournament.

We had a costume contest where players who dressed up in a Bond themed costume would earn an extra 2000 chips and the best overall costume would win another extra 2000 chips to start with.

@Bfow0804 as Bond, Bfow0804 Bond!

View attachment 1197222

@TravNasty also as Bond, TravNasty Bond!

View attachment 1197223

Myself as the very evil, Dr No Limit Holdem with Mister Butterscotch! Side note, the scars on my face were caused by Mister Butterscotch on the ride over to the tournament. We hit a pothole and he got startled.

View attachment 1197226

Here is a group shot of the three of us.

View attachment 1197235

And another WITH evil laser beams!!!!

View attachment 1197236

We had a lot of great costumes at this event! I was surprised at how many people dressed up actually. We always feel like we never get enough pictures taken during our events when it is all said and done. I wish we had gotten a few more of the costumes. I can't post one of the great costumes. It will scar everyone for life. One of our members wore a 2 piece bikini and dressed as a Bond girl. He was a very hairy Bond girl! :oops:@TravNasty. May have another pick or two of costumes to share.

The tournament was lots of fun! We had two full tables of 18 at this event. The Bond themed Tournament Director was great. We had lots of fun Bond sounds for knockouts and new levels. Here are a few more picks. Mostly everyone changed out of their costumes right after the judging since it was a little warm for some of the costumes.

View attachment 1197240

@YeaIKno with the skeleton costume in the background.

View attachment 1197241

The final table. I ended up going out on a big bluff at the final table that I was hoping @TravNasty wouldn't call. But he did. How evil of him!!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1197242

Here is the heads-up battle.

View attachment 1197245

The final hand.

View attachment 1197246

In the end, our league member Justin ended up defeating @TravNasty to take home his first win! Trav had another great showing taking home 2nd after winning last month's tourney.

Justin after his big win!

View attachment 1197253

Justin also won a couple of bullet bottle openers that went to the winner of this Bond tournament.

We did get the CDI card mold set into play for this tournament. They were a pretty cool set to play with!

Overall it was a really fun night and a great event!!! I am already looking forward to doing it again next year!
This is such a cool idea! I have been thinking about doing a similar 2 table Halloween tournament. Such a great idea having a chip incentive for people with costumes and the person with the best costume!

Thanks for sharing! great ideas! Love the shark of the year plaque, I am definitely going to copy a few of those flyers as well.

Here’s a couple more pictures of Don Bond and his date Steve. I’ll spare everyone the pain my eyes went through after seeing Brad as a bikini clad Bond girl. Especially after showing my naked face. @Bfow0804 hosted a great event!

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2255.jpeg
    IMG_2255.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 58
This is such a cool idea! I have been thinking about doing a similar 2 table Halloween tournament. Such a great idea having a chip incentive for people with costumes and the person with the best costume!
Thank you very much! We have a great group of guys and that always helps when you have a themed costume tournament. Dressing up is not for everyone, but we just wanted to help add an incentive to maybe get a few more people to dress up.

Our next tournament will be right around Halloween, so we will do optional costumes at that one as well. Just extra starting chips awarded to the top 3 costumes only for this upcoming tournament. Next year we will move the Bond tournament so it is not right next to the Halloween tournament. That way our costume tourneys are spaced out a bit.

We had a fun time last night at the Executioner Tournament! @Bfow0804 did an awesome job hosting after a one day notice of venue change. We had a few illnesses going around so we ended up with 16 in attendance after 21 originally confirmed. This was our one bounty tournament for the year. And since it was close to Halloween, we had a costume contest with the top 3 earning extra starting chips.

I ended up taking 2nd in the costume contest with my Teddy KGB costume.

20231028_115650 (1).jpg

Here is my rack of Oreo's during the tournament.

20231028_203752.jpg

I even grew my hair out for a month and a half and then shaved the top off the morning before the tournament. My wife and kids did not care for my Teddy look but I was dedicated to the role.

First place was dressed as another one of our players with a pretty funny costume. The guy on the right was dressed as the guy on the left.

20231028_191636.jpg

To make things more confusing, the guy on the left was dressed as me. Here was his full costume.

20231028_191605.jpg

(I used to work in pro wrestling in my younger days.)

@Bfow0804 ended up taking 3rd place for the evening and I grabbed 2nd place. League member Nick took home his first win.

Here is an action shot of the evening. @YeaIKno on the right.

VideoCapture_20231029-191800.jpg

It was a fun tournament! Thanks once again to @Bfow0804 for hosting! I'm already looking forward to next months tournament.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom