What video games are you playing? (12 Viewers)

FB_IMG_1683351412199.jpg

This is the greatest understatement ever written, by far.
I have thousands of hours in Dota 2 and while I think it's one of the best games ever created, I would never recommend it to anyone due to the learning curve. There are so many wonky mechanics and knowledge wells built on decades of changes that reference each other. Times like now after a big patch that once again changes everything are probably the most fun to play since nobody knows for sure what is going on. People seem to be more forgiving of experimentation. When it's been 1 year since a big change and everyone is set on what's meta is when it's toxic and I take a break.

i'm enjoying jedi survivor. i'm not a fan of star wars in general, but this series really scratches an itch for me.

Last edited:
Picked up the early release of Galactic Civilizations 4 - SuperNova and I have a feeling I'll need about 600 hours before I figure this one out, lol.

I don't know how Nintendo keeps doing it.

Tears of the Kingdom is somehow even better than Breath of the a Wild.
Heard some things about the game I hope you can go into more detail on. A kit of what I'm seeing of it just seeks like an expansion pack.

The new mechanics don't seem deep like the building and fuzing, both look like memes more than effecient. The batteries in vehicles seem to run out quick unless you stack a ton of batteries. Plus it's mostly the same landscape with islands being so few co pared to what was advertised.

Heard some things about the game I hope you can go into more detail on. A kit of what I'm seeing of it just seeks like an expansion pack.

The new mechanics don't seem deep like the building and fuzing, both look like memes more than effecient. The batteries in vehicles seem to run out quick unless you stack a ton of batteries. Plus it's mostly the same landscape with islands being so few co pared to what was advertised.
You would think that from seeing it. But it's so much more than that. The amount of creativity and ways you can combine the powers to pseudo break the game is kind of amazing. The world feels so different, even on the surface because of how the world changes based on what happens at the start of the game. Plus if you haven't seen it, there is an entire underworld too that is the same size as the surface.

The batteries don't drain as fast as you think, nor is using created vehicles the sole way to get around. Plus you get a ton of items that replenish battery on the fly.

It basically usually the same engine and basic map, but feels like a true sequel with mechanics that are super interesting to use often causing you to forget that you can't do certain things because you are so used to the original.

I've had none of the thoughts you listed about 10 hours in. Possibilites are endless with the powers including fuse and without spoiling anything the map is so much bigger than botw. This game is fantastic. The only downside imo is that the switch hardware can't handle this game in some spots and it chugs. Makes me want to seriously consider emulating on pc.

Just pre-ordered Starfield for PC. The $99 version seemed worth it to get the expansion when it drops, and a few other goodies.
September can’t get here soon enough!
I'm pretty excited for Starfield and will be preordering at some point. Big fan of Skyrim and Fallout, so looking forward to this for sure. They just did a deep dive for Starfield that showed a ton of stuff:

anyone else play the Lies of P demo? i had a great time with it, will be a day 1 purchase for me - this could easily be the best non-From Soulsborne

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited for Starfield and will be preordering at some point. Big fan of Skyrim and Fallout, so looking forward to this for sure. They just did a deep dive for Starfield that showed a ton of stuff:

Yeah saw that the other night. Savored every second.
I’ve been a gamer since I was a kid, old enough that my first game was Pong in the 1970s. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Skyrim for me was a game-changer. A huge fan of open world games like GTA, I’m a “take it slow, explore every corner” kind of player. Skyrim hit every part of what I love in a game. I hope Starfield can recapture that spirit!

Yeah I'm playing D4. It's okay. D2 is still my favorite though, but I'll probably max out each character and fool around in the endgame for a bit still.
They did a decent job - I was pretty surprised how good it was after D3. The only thing that gets me are the micro transactions. At least they are just for cosmetics

Never gave Final Fantasy VII Remake a shot but playing it now since it was free to play with Playstation +. Holy shit, this game is awesome. Can't wait for Rebirth.

D4 semi enjoyer here as well. I'm just not in a big rush because apparently "Season 1" is coming out in like a month anyway, so I'll probably mess around with it more then.

ARPG's in general though - Grim Dawn, POE etc...

They did a decent job - I was pretty surprised how good it was after D3. The only thing that gets me are the micro transactions. At least they are just for cosmetics
Yeah, never going to purchase any cosmetics. Not worth it.

Enjoying Bolt Gun way more than I expected. Highly recommend it if you enjoy old school doom like shooters!

Is anyone here playing Jedi Outcast? If so, is it a thumbs up or down? I’m considering playing while I recover from a minor surgery

My only complaint was the $70 price tag. I had $50 games last longer
I did see this as a complaint. That and padding what is only supposed to be a 5 hour area into 30 hours or something. I never played the original, so I wouldn't know.

I did see this as a complaint. That and padding what is only supposed to be a 5 hour area into 30 hours or something. I never played the original, so I wouldn't know.
I kinda liked the padding. It made things much more immersive. Most games tell you what environment you are in and you just have to accept it as fact. This game let you actually feel it and emotionally invest in said environment. The padding is a huge plus to me.

It still is not enough to explain the price tag. Even with the Yuffie expansion I started that game noon Friday and 100% completion was 10pm Sunday. $50 Tomb Raider games took me at least a week. $50 Hitman games took me even longer. $70 huge budget game where the barebones were written for you 25 years ago and all it took was a weekend?!? Bad. Very bad. Like @Sprouty speedo pic bad. The game should have been more.

I kinda liked the padding. It made things much more immersive. Most games tell you what environment you are in and you just have to accept it as fact. This game let you actually feel it and emotionally invest in said environment. The padding is a huge plus to me.

It still is not enough to explain the price tag. Even with the Yuffie expansion I started that game noon Friday and 100% completion was 10pm Sunday. $50 Tomb Raider games took me at least a week. $50 Hitman games took me even longer. $70 huge budget game where the barebones were written for you 25 years ago and all it took was a weekend?!? Bad. Very bad. Like @Sprouty speedo pic bad. The game should have been more.
I gotta say, Hard Mode lives up to its name. I really like how you have to manage your HP and MP now that you can't use items. Makes you really think how to best use your materia.

Not playing anything at the moment, taking a little break from gaming, but I can’t wait for Starfield later this year!

I really need to play Hogwarts Legacy soon!
I'd wait for Hogwarts to come down in price, if it hasn't already. The problem with H.L. is that it's good for at most two playthroughs. Hardly anybody is making content for it anymore, they have all moved on, because, well, it's all been made. Ignore everything I said if they come out with a top notch DLC, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom