What video games are you playing? (1 Viewer)

So this really takes the cake. Saw this on Reddit. Luckily my PC only crashed once last night. Apparently twice in too short of a time period and you get a slap on the wrist for an hour.

Yesterday was day1 of season 2. I won't go into the rest of my gripes. But this one really summarizes the early MWII experience.

MWII-Suspension.jpg

Decided to get Ghost of Tsushima for PS5. Only a couple hours into it so far, but pretty fun if you are into slicing and dicing enemies as a badass Samurai warrior.
Just had to follow up on this. Ghost of Tsushima has quickly become one of my favorite games ever. I am a big fan of open world RPGs.

It does start out a little tough as your skill set is limited and your health is low, but after leveling up a bit and getting the hang of the fighting mechanics, enemies start to melt under your Samurai sword.

I also find the little differences to be very enjoyable. For example, instead of a standard compass at the top of the screen pointing you in the direction to go, like most open world games, in Ghost you follow the wind (which is your dead father's spirit guiding you). It's just a simple little difference that keeps you immersed in the game instead of just chasing a random symbol on the top of the screen.

Plus, jumping off a roof onto 3 oblivious enemies and assassinating them before they even notice your existence is fun every single time.

Just had to follow up on this. Ghost of Tsushima has quickly become one of my favorite games ever. I am a big fan of open world RPGs.

It does start out a little tough as your skill set is limited and your health is low, but after leveling up a bit and getting the hang of the fighting mechanics, enemies start to melt under your Samurai sword.

I also find the little differences to be very enjoyable. For example, instead of a standard compass at the top of the screen pointing you in the direction to go, like most open world games, in Ghost you follow the wind (which is your dead father's spirit guiding you). It's just a simple little difference that keeps you immersed in the game instead of just chasing a random symbol on the top of the screen.

Plus, jumping off a roof onto 3 oblivious enemies and assassinating them before they even notice your existence is fun every single time.

Wait til you get Ghost stance. Monstrously epic.

I've been playing a lot of WoW lately.. New D2 season dropped so just recently started up with that again, gonna replay all the diablos for D4 prep although I genuinely think Diablo 4 is gonna suck.......

As far as single player games go I just recently beat Nier Automata, OMORI, and SOMA which surprisingly all 3 would make my top 10 games of all time list.

Nier Automata - One of my favorite RPGs of all time that I can't believe I didn't play until this year. Big fan of the story in the game, has a couple existential elements to it as well.
OMORI - RPG maker game that I bought on a whim since steam said it was similar to IB, one of my other favorite games... Tons of content in this game, but deals with a lot of more serious issues like death, trauma, etc.
SOMA - psychological horror made by the same people who made Amnesia.. Super thought provoking/existential type of game.. If you can't tell, I like things that make me question reality/question my existence.

I am getting a little annoyed playing No Man's Sky on the old X-Box S so I was muttering to my son that I wanted to buy a new one. He was reluctatant and I had no idea why. I kept asking and he finally said that he'd like a PlayStation.

So any advice on what PS5 to get? Are there any deals since it's been out a while or just stump up the $500 and buy direct from Sony? I'm assuming no one buys the one without the disc as it serves as a blue-ray player also and I don't have a separate one.

I am getting a little annoyed playing No Man's Sky on the old X-Box S so I was muttering to my son that I wanted to buy a new one. He was reluctatant and I had no idea why. I kept asking and he finally said that he'd like a PlayStation.

So any advice on what PS5 to get? Are there any deals since it's been out a while or just stump up the $500 and buy direct from Sony? I'm assuming no one buys the one without the disc as it serves as a blue-ray player also and I don't have a separate one.
I got the PS5 War of Ragnarok disk edition. Even if there's a disk to get you started, I'm seeing there's a ton of downloading that has to happen before the game is playable (Gran Turismo 7 took a couple hours). There's not a ton of great sales around, but somethings you'll see something like this
https://slickdeals.net/f/16460305-p...ler-starlight-blue-ebay-559-99?src=SiteSearch

Really doesn't matter how you get it. I got mine as a package with Horizon Forbidden West from Target. It was only 50 more than buying direct.

If you plan to keep many games installed, get one with a larger HD. Games are getting stupidly large.

So I decided to pull the trigger on getting the new Fire Emblem Engage game. Nearly everyone, including those who overall disliked it, praise its combat system which is the main reason for my getting it. I love tactical strategy, turn-based or real time, and Nintendo games rarely ever get discounted so might as well try now while I can get physical copies.

Anyone hear played it and into this genre? How this game and the overall FE series compares to other tactical strategy like FFT, Tactics Ogre, Battle Brothers, XCOM 2? Is the game as deep tactically as the other listed games?

Playing a bunch of Hogwarts Legacy recently. I have determined that most of the fun from this game is finding all the creative ways you can dispatch your enemies. Yesterday I had the idea to use stealth and cabbages and it worked like a dream to clear out two groups of enemies. There are a ton of creative spell combinations to try out as well.

Bought The Last Spell for Switch last week: a rougelite tactical strategy game with bits of economy management & tower defense. It's a lot of fun, especially when you unlock more weapons, defense item, etc, and fully customize your character's stats & cosmetics. Definitely a mix of Battle Brothers (main inspiration for the devs), They Are Billions & FFT/Tactics Ogre. Was in early access between 2-3 years, if I recall correctly.

It's turn-based tactics where you fight hordes of zombies/monsters for multiple nights, while during the daytime phases you work on your economy and character perks. Only slight criticism is that runs can go for hours on each location. Roughly 4-5 hrs depending on how you manage your town, and time just flies by so quickly. You can try playing an hour or so for a couple of nights, but this is really one of the few games I've played in a long time where I just want to keep going.

Anyone play the Diablo IV beta this weekend? I went Necro Corpse Explosion. Seemed pretty good.
I played a couple hours as a sorcerer. Still getting used to it and didn’t really change around my spells much

I played and was able to join up with my son for a few hours. I also chose the sorcerer and my son was a druid.

We were very pleased with the game. Glad they seemed to improve the graphics and keep the gameplay pretty similar to D3. Looking forward to getting this. Though might wait until the price comes down a bit.

Played a bit more D4 beta last night and was able to get my sorcerer up to the point where I was able to cast hydra and that made the game play much better. Using a combination of spark, ice shards, hydra, frost nova, ice shield and blizzard I felt a lot more competent to take on the mobs and damage them down without dying often. That combined with finding a few decent unique items to boost my skills and survivability helped a lot. I was only able to get to level 19 after playing about a days worth. I didn't move quickly because I was taking my time enjoying the story.

In less crowded areas and in the late night game play was fine, but during busier times and when I went to town I was experiencing a lot of rubberbanding (where you character is runing somewhere, and then is pulled back to a previous spot due to latency). Game play was fun but I hope they figure out a way to resolve the rubberband effect. I remember that happening some during D3 as well. Might not buy at full price right at release but will definitely buy it later on especially when it goes on sale.

I played solo at my own pace, but this is definitely a game that will be much more enjoyable in groups. From what I read there will be world bosses that'll spawn and will need everyone to work together to take down within the time limit. I never have enough time to play to a point where I'll have elite gear as I'll only play once in a while when I have free time, but so far it's a very enjoyable game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom