What video games are you playing? (23 Viewers)

SSI made a ton of great games that I spent hours and hours and hours with.

I was a huge fan of the SSI games based on dungeons & dragons. Played a ton of Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms games plus War of the Lance on the trusty old Commodore 64/128 in my parents basement

Only 30 days until Diablo 4 and I am so freaking hyped for it. The amount of customization, endgame activities shown, and how combat feels is just an embarrassment of riches to me.

Last game I was this excited for was Elden Ring. I smashed the pre-order button as soon as I was done in the open beta. Even treated myself to the Premium edition for 4 days early access because I had some Playstation gift cards to use up.

Only 30 days until Diablo 4 and I am so freaking hyped for it. The amount of customization, endgame activities shown, and how combat feels is just an embarrassment of riches to me.

Last game I was this excited for was Elden Ring. I smashed the pre-order button as soon as I was done in the open beta. Even treated myself to the Premium edition for 4 days early access because I had some Playstation gift cards to use up.
:vomit: They've ruined Diablo after Diablo 2 with how "inclusive" they tried to make it for all players and systems. I pre-ordered D3 and I will never pre-order another Blizzard game again

Original Diablo was very enjoyable. Diablo 2 was enjoyable in a different way, but I did play enough back then to have elite gear (thank you college). Diablo 3 was fun for a while but I stopped playing after the expansion pack due to lack of time and big changes on how things worked.

I dabbled in Diablo Immortal but never got past level 20 because it's not fun for me to play on my phone.

Diablo 4 beta was enjoyable and I plan to invest a good amount of time during the server slam test May 12-14. I'm really interested in seeing the story and playing it some. With a family now it's hard to put too much time into any game so I'll be very recreational and won't even likely have time for most of the higher tier world bosses as I'll likely be under geared and will be short on time to invest. I don't see myself being able to put 20 hours a week into that game, I'd be lucky to get 5 which will mostly come during the evenings when they are alseep. As long as it has good recreational playability I'm buying, but not doing another Blizzard preorder until I see more of the product at launch.

I still drop a few hours into Dota 2 which just had a huge map change and new mechanics and items introduced. Got to love free to play games with just cosmetics you can buy if you choose to do so.

Path of Exile was another game I dabbled with a few years ago but it seemed too complex and I couldn't put more than a few hours a week into it and just gave up. That was probably due to more of my lack of time than the game really being complex.

Only 10 days until the next Zelda. I'm debating buying myself a switch as I'm sure my son is not going to let me borrow his!
There are people who bought a Switch just to play BOTW because it is just that good. TOTK is looking at least that game's equal. You may have to get your own, but I doubt you regret it. :D

Diablo 4 beta was enjoyable and I plan to invest a good amount of time during the server slam test May 12-14. I'm really interested in seeing the story and playing it some. With a family now it's hard to put too much time into any game so I'll be very recreational and won't even likely have time for most of the higher tier world bosses as I'll likely be under geared and will be short on time to invest. I don't see myself being able to put 20 hours a week into that game, I'd be lucky to get 5 which will mostly come during the evenings when they are alseep.

That's the great thing, you're never playing catch up in Diablo unless you care about seasons. Play for an hour here and there, and if you're progressing, and having fun while doing it, then the game can last you for a large stretch of time.

There are people who bought a Switch just to play BOTW because it is just that good. TOTK is looking at least that game's equal. You may have to get your own, but I doubt you regret it. :D
My son was 12 when BOTW came out and he got his switch. He wasn't allowed to take his switch upstairs to his bedroom and had to play downstairs in the family room. We would sit together for hours while I watched him play and then take over and play myself when he went to bed.

Now he's 17 and I barely see him, let alone his switch!

My son was 12 when BOTW came out and he got his switch. He wasn't allowed to take his switch upstairs to his bedroom and had to play downstairs in the family room. We would sit together for hours while I watched him play and then take over and play myself when he went to bed.

Now he's 17 and I barely see him, let alone his switch!
My kids love playing games as well. We will play some games together. I let them try out Dota 2 for a bit but it has a bit of a learning and skill curve to get to understand all the heroes, items, builds, dynamics but I know they will get there. They have a nintendo switch upstairs connected to the TV as well as a PS5 which was used a ton when we first got it, but hasn't seen much use in the last couple of months. Might be time for a new game.

We also play some Marvel Snap together. 3 of us will take turns playing and those not playing will watch and potentially coach. That's pretty fun too!

I'm afraid of them growing and growing apart from me so will do trips where we are more outdoors too. 2 out of 3 have really enjoyed fishing trips so I'm kind of lucky there. The one that doesn't like fishing is the one that doesn't like being outdoors in the heat.

My kids love playing games as well. We will play some games together. I let them try out Dota 2 for a bit but it has a bit of a learning and skill curve to get to understand all the heroes, items, builds, dynamics but I know they will get there. They have a nintendo switch upstairs connected to the TV as well as a PS5 which was used a ton when we first got it, but hasn't seen much use in the last couple of months. Might be time for a new game.

We also play some Marvel Snap together. 3 of us will take turns playing and those not playing will watch and potentially coach. That's pretty fun too!

I'm afraid of them growing and growing apart from me so will do trips where we are more outdoors too. 2 out of 3 have really enjoyed fishing trips so I'm kind of lucky there. The one that doesn't like fishing is the one that doesn't like being outdoors in the heat.
Enjoy the time with your kids when they are young and want to spend time with you or have no choice! It's inevitable that they will grow and become more independent.

We recently got a PS5 and my daughter has been playing Stray. She's not a gamer at all but I did enjoy watching her play and was surprised at how engaged she was with it. Once she finished the game she's not touched the PS5. I need to find something similar...

Only 10 days until the next Zelda. I'm debating buying myself a switch as I'm sure my son is not going to let me borrow his!

I may have to buy 2 of them - one for me and one for the boys, lol (we played BOTW on the Wii U)

I may have to buy 2 of them - one for me and one for the boys, lol (we played BOTW on the Wii U)
I don't think I'll need another Switch, but my pro controller is about shot and I will probably need another one of those. Especially if me, my older son, AND my younger son are playing TOTK consistently for several months.

Been playing a lot of StarCraft lately. Only custom games though, I suck @ melee. Also a bit of CSGO here and there, anyone else in here play? lol

I played for a couple years - went back once recently and it was like falling of a bike, breaking your ankles, and falling into a pit of acid.
People keep telling me after 1000 hours it gets kind of fun, the fuck would I want to suffer through 1000 hours to start enjoying it?! Lol friend is top 0.2% for awhile and was miserable when he played, misreg just like poker.

People keep telling me after 1000 hours it gets kind of fun, the fuck would I want to suffer through 1000 hours to start enjoying it?! Lol friend is top 0.2% for awhile and was miserable when he played, misreg just like poker.
Toxic community too.

"MORON! WHY WOULD YOU GO S&Y BUILD WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE TORO THE INHALER AND GIGBYTE JACKSON IN OUR TEAM COMP. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE INITIATOR. SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB"

3 days later by PM "SCRUB WHATCHA DOING SCRUB QUIT FOREVER AND DIE IN WHATEVER ORDER YOU WANT."

LOL!! I'm not suggesting you guys go and play ranked or anything.

It's much more relaxing if you just play against bots for a while when you learn and then play some turbo mode. It's much more relaxing and laid back.

There's toxic people everywhere, don't let that turn you away.

I do remember one of my first games ranked and one guy was going laying into me pretty bad. I just typed, "Sorry, I'm new" and he changed his tone pretty quick and was actually helpful after that.

Edit: Kids are amazing and can learn at such a fast pace. Old people like me have a harder time adjusting to change or new things but they can pick it up pretty quick. Just got to teach them not to be the toxic one when they are losing.

LOL!! I'm not suggesting you guys go and play ranked or anything.

It's much more relaxing if you just play against bots for a while when you learn and then play some turbo mode. It's much more relaxing and laid back.

There's toxic people everywhere, don't let that turn you away.

I do remember one of my first games ranked and one guy was going laying into me pretty bad. I just typed, "Sorry, I'm new" and he changed his tone pretty quick and was actually helpful after that.
you had a one outer experience.

"Sorry, I'm new."

(blood in the water for sharks)

"THEN WHY TF ARE YOU PLAYING RANKED DIPSHIT GO PLAY BOTS.

fourteen days later, a sign outside your house in your yard "ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS HOPE YOU ARE STILL PLAYING AI DIPSHIT"

Started playing a first person puzzle game called Lingo on Steam. It's like Antechamber x The Witness x A crossword puzzle (sort of). Very interesting and difficult.

Started playing a first person puzzle game called Lingo on Steam. It's like Antechamber x The Witness x A crossword puzzle (sort of). Very interesting and difficult.

Whenever I hear of Lingo, I remember the show on GSN for... reasons....

Fullscreen+capture+642011+90054+PM.bmp.jpg

Lingo.jpg

images

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom