What video games are you playing? (6 Viewers)

Very true, the train set piece was amazing.

Metroid Prime re-releasing immediately brings to mind a couple buddies of mine who speed ran the game back nearly 20 years ago. Seem to recall that you could get the double jumping upgrade right at the start of the game by climbing onto the top of Samus' ship and making some tricky jumps off of there.
Yep. No clue if the glitch is still in the game. You could do this weird targeting, side dash, jump, thing that got you more distance than you should get because of how the targeting worked.

I really enjoyed God of War (2018). Recently got Ragnarok as well. Played it for maybe a couple hours and put it aside. I'll probably go back to it eventually, but just didn't have the same vibe or connection to it as the previous one.
This is dissappointing to hear. God of War 2018 is one my favorite games I have ever played. I'm still going to give ragnarok a shot eventually.

This is dissappointing to hear. God of War 2018 is one my favorite games I have ever played. I'm still going to give ragnarok a shot eventually.
I honestly can't put my finger on it for why I wasn't feeling it. Playing as Atreus was a little strange and not as fun as playing as Kratos, so maybe that was it.

I try not to play video games any more as I get addicted and spend far too much time on them. The last time this happened was when Breath of the Wild came out. I've managed to avoid playing and occasionally entertain myself by watching my son play.

This Christmas he got No Man's Sky from his Aunt to play on his switch. I bought a copy for his xbox thinking that he would prefer to play it there but instead he's sticking to the switch. So I started playing. As a child who spent far too much of his life playing Elite, I'm addicted again. I've had to force myself to go to bed and it's usually 3am when I finally put down the controller. This may be a problem...

Not sure if i'm in the right thread, but I'm playing the new Dead Space....recommend if your into that sort.
I'll get some to that one at some point.

Right now I'm splitting my time between Hogwarts and Metroid Prime Remaster. It's amazing how well Metroid Prime holds up. They made a huge graphical overhaul for the Switch, but the game is still just so well designed and fun. Only thing is that it's easy too easy on normal with the more modern control scheme. I remember beating it on hard on the GameCube and it was very difficult. And I wanted to just jump in on hard, but you can't until you beat it.

I try not to play video games any more as I get addicted and spend far too much time on them. The last time this happened was when Breath of the Wild came out. I've managed to avoid playing and occasionally entertain myself by watching my son play.

This Christmas he got No Man's Sky from his Aunt to play on his switch. I bought a copy for his xbox thinking that he would prefer to play it there but instead he's sticking to the switch. So I started playing. As a child who spent far too much of his life playing Elite, I'm addicted again. I've had to force myself to go to bed and it's usually 3am when I finally put down the controller. This may be a problem...
New Zelda is coming out, was hoping it came out in the winter time bc def don't want to get sucked into playing it this summer.

Played the 1st one in 08, this new one can only be played on the new consoles (P5 n Xbox S n X)
Haven't played many games of late, Calisto Protocol (xbox one) and now Dead Space ......midnight billy n headphones
Should've upgraded earlier.

Leaning towards getting Wild Hearts in a few days after seeing people on Twitch play it in early access. Really streamlines Monster Hunter and some of its antiquated systems while also adding its own gimmicks and mechanics.

There have been some funny mod videos for Hogwart's Legacy already....I'm dying!
When I get time, I gotta look those up.

Hogwarts Legacy is pretty linear so far. I'm a couple hours in, but I *think* it just opened up a little. I feel like I just completed the "Great Plateau" and now I'm free to choose a path, so to speak. I have about 65 banked days off at work. If it was easier for me to take a day off, I would definitely do so.

Only if you play 40 card formats. None of that 60 or 100 card garbage in here!
Hahaha.
In person I play old school almost exclusively. Some commander because there aren't that many old school players (it's a little spendy for most). Then pretty much only Standard on MTGA. About middle of last year I hit expansion fatigue. Hasbro has wotc releasing too much too quickly so I walked away... For now. Hence how I find myself here!

Not sure if i'm in the right thread, but I'm playing the new Dead Space....recommend if your into that sort.

I just finished this a couple days ago, having never played the original. I absolutely loved it, and jumped right into Dead Space 2 when I was done - also awesome so far, though far more linear.

I've also never played Metroid Prime, so I might grab that for the Switch for an upcoming business trip.

When I get time, I gotta look those up.

Hogwarts Legacy is pretty linear so far. I'm a couple hours in, but I *think* it just opened up a little. I feel like I just completed the "Great Plateau" and now I'm free to choose a path, so to speak. I have about 65 banked days off at work. If it was easier for me to take a day off, I would definitely do so.
@moechar

This what I'm playing at the moment. Leaps and bounds better than the original. Having Issac talk fleshes him out more. Metroid Prime Remaster and Hi-Fi Rush next on the queue.

Man, that $40 price tag though. I'm still going to get it, but that seems high for a graphic and sound upgrade.
I promise it's worth the $40. No joke, it's one of the best games of all time. And it's closer to a remake than a remaster. The upgrades are that big. Take it from someone who beat the original 6 times.

High praise.
giphy.gif

High praise.
The only caveat I'd say is the modern console FPS control scheme makes the game easier than it was intended to be. But even still, i'm having a ton of fun playing it again as the game is probably 60/40 exploration to combat.

I promise it's worth the $40. No joke, it's one of the best games of all time. And it's closer to a remake than a remaster. The upgrades are that big. Take it from someone who beat the original 6 times.
I dunno, maybe it was me back then but I didn't see the appeal when I got a used copy back in mid 2000's. It wasn't bad, it was just going into different rooms, collecting things, scanning lore I wasn't too fond of and killing some monsters. Maybe it'd be different for me now; I played some Super Metroid and Dread, thought they were ok and thought the FP perspective would hook me more but for now it's just not for me.

I dunno, maybe it was me back then but I didn't see the appeal when I got a used copy back in mid 2000's. It wasn't bad, it was just going into different rooms, collecting things, scanning lore I wasn't too fond of and killing some monsters. Maybe it'd be different for me now; I played some Super Metroid and Dread, thought they were ok and thought the FP perspective would hook me more but for now it's just not for me.
If you only thought Super Metroid was ok, this might not be the series for you.

I bought the kids a PS5 for Christmas.

Then I bought Gran Turismo 7 for myself. These new controls work like steering wheels so it's actually really fun to play again! I've always been a big fan of Gran Turismo. Racing, winning prizes or cars, modifying your own car, racing more, etc. It's a big initial download before you can start playing, but the graphics are amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom