What video games are you playing? (3 Viewers)

Anyone else pre-ordered or getting Hogwarts Legacy? I was on the fence mostly because I just don't have the time for it really. But my wife kinda demanded we get it. As such, my early access starts tonight/tomorrow at midnight, meaning neither of us will actually play it until Tuesday night probably.
Just pre-ordered on Steam this morning so I can play tomorrow.

I finally gave in and got Final Fantasy VII Intergrade. I held out for so long because $70 is too much for a game. I kinda wish I maintained that line. I started it at noon Friday. I finished it around 4am Sunday. Too quick for $70.
I also just didn't find the game that good honestly. I'm not at all excited for the continuation of this alternate FF7 timeline.

Just got a steam deck a few weeks ago and love it so far. I already played through some of my backlog already(completed both Axiom Verge 2 and Timespinner) Bought Hades but haven't started that yet...

I also play Fortnite now that no build mode is available on occasion at night if anyone wants to play some duo, trios or squads.

I also just didn't find the game that good honestly. I'm not at all excited for the continuation of this alternate FF7 timeline.
Don't get me wrong. I loved the story. Really enjoyed playing it. But it took me longer to beat the new Tomb Raider and the Hitman games and those cost less. RPGs are supposed to have 100+ hours of game time, and this one has less and costs more.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the story. Really enjoyed playing it. But it took me longer to beat the new Tomb Raider and the Hitman games and those cost less. RPGs are supposed to have 100+ hours of game time, and this one has less and costs more.
Square doesn't want to make new FF RPGs anymore, they want to make FF Action Games.

Square doesn't want to make new FF RPGs anymore, they want to make FF Action Games.
Sad but true, I cant stand what they did to the combat in FF7. I still cant get over how they screwed that up so badly...

I still go back and play 1 - X on occasion since that is when they did things the best.

I still go back and play 1 - X on occasion since that is when they did things the best.
I picked up FF8 remaster on Steam when it was on sale for $5. If you go into it expecting it to be just the original game designed to work on modern systems, it was great. The negative reviews are from people thinking it was going to be something more. Try it. It's worth it.

I picked up FF8 remaster on Steam when it was on sale for $5. If you go into it expecting it to be just the original game designed to work on modern systems, it was great. The negative reviews are from people thinking it was going to be something more. Try it. It's worth it.

I have started 8 and never finished about 10 times, im not sure what it is about that one that I never finish it especially given i have completed 7 & 9 so many times. Maybe its time i finally finished it, I do have fond memories of playing it.

Decided to get Ghost of Tsushima for PS5. Only a couple hours into it so far, but pretty fun if you are into slicing and dicing enemies as a badass Samurai warrior.

Tons to do in that game, you eventually do get enough skill points to get everything unlocked (necessary for the Platinum if you so choose) so don't worry about that!

8 is underrated. It's weird. It can be horrendously broken if you know what to do. But I found the systems to be some if the most interesting the series has ever offered.

I think 9 is very overrated.

8 is underrated. It's weird. It can be horrendously broken if you know what to do
It wasn't broken. In my mind it was perfect. Your enemies leveled up as you did. There was no point to wandering around and defeating pitiful enemies to gain levels. I think it may have been the first game to intentionally do that. I loved it.

It wasn't broken. In my mind it was perfect. Your enemies leveled up as you did. There was no point to wandering around and defeating pitiful enemies to gain levels. I think it may have been the first game to intentionally do that. I loved it.
Oh, it's broken. If you know how to use the junction system and abuse certain abilities it's very broken.

It's story is also the most nonsensical and ridiculous of all FF games.

Oh, it's broken. If you know how to use the junction system and abuse certain abilities it's very broken
That's not broken. It's by design. It was great. The whole purpose was to not reward posers like Eric Cartman wandering around the forest killing nothings for a month. You actually had to learn what you were doing.

d31xeEbmvVVmQwxy.gif

I no longer have that kind of time or dedication to achieve.

Well normally I haven't too. The last game I saw the end before that was Red Dead Redemption on the PS3.

It's just that here, this remake of CB is so nice that I'm stuck to it whenever I've 1 hour to kill.

A level can be done/tried in few minutes. So when you start, you could just quit 15' later and still have progressed a little bit.

That's the kind of game that works for me now.

Got Spyro Trilogy and Crash Trilogy for a Humble Bundle, like $15 bucks, one of the greatest sale scores ever for myself lol. Both of them are full on nostalgic. I definitely haven't completed them 100%, just a normal run through, but it's a great game.

I've been LOVING Batman Arkham Knight. I'm just at a point where I don't feel like grinding tough games or sweating in multiplayer, I want to play as a superhero with cool villains. Lot of fun, coming from someone who doesn't even like Batman.

Got it on sale on Steam but haven't tried it yet.

Top bad CTR has not released on PC. I loved the original one.

Beat the 2018 God of War. Excellent game. Started Ragnarok, but going to take a back seat to Hogwarts for a while. An early quest in Ragnarok felt very out of place for me though both stylistically and character wise: save the whale. Nothing about it felt appropriate to the world.

For another hot take: The Last of Us isn't that good. Played it, beat it, barely remember it.

For another hot take: The Last of Us isn't that good. Played it, beat it, barely remember it.

Both it and Uncharted suffer from the same design.

Oh look! A new wide-open arena like space with waist high cover spots strewn about! What could POSSIBLY occur here that I haven't encountered already?

Noooo way, it's an ambush by multiple enemies wielding rifles!

Both it and Uncharted suffer from the same design.

Oh look! A new wide-open arena like space with waist high cover spots strewn about! What could POSSIBLY occur here that I haven't encountered already?

Noooo way, it's an ambush by multiple enemies wielding rifles!
At least Uncharted 2 was entertaining and had cool sequences.

I played for just over 3 hours this afternoon and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm sure I'll get my $70 worth and once they start modding on PC, it'll get CRAZY
Mods, DLCs, expansions, there's still a lot the developers (and community) will do with this over the next few years.

Between this, the new Zelda, and Starfield, I'm going to have 100s of hours of open world goodness under my belt by the end of 2023.

Beat the 2018 God of War. Excellent game. Started Ragnarok, but going to take a back seat to Hogwarts for a while. An early quest in Ragnarok felt very out of place for me though both stylistically and character wise: save the whale. Nothing about it felt appropriate to the world.

I really enjoyed God of War (2018). Recently got Ragnarok as well. Played it for maybe a couple hours and put it aside. I'll probably go back to it eventually, but just didn't have the same vibe or connection to it as the previous one.

They finally did it!

Metroid Prime Remaster on Switch! Out NOW!

I heard rumors long ago of them remastering the whole trilogy and not just the first game. But there was a somewhat recent rumor that they focused on completing the first one to prepare for 4 since there has been essentially new models in the game, so it's kind of a combination of remaster and a remake.

Also AW Re-Boot camp finally coming out in April. Also the Game Boy and GBA emulators are a nice touch as well. Got the former and can't wait til they get Pokémon to have my kids try it.

Demo for Sea of Stars is very nice.

At least Uncharted 2 was entertaining and had cool sequences.

Very true, the train set piece was amazing.

Metroid Prime re-releasing immediately brings to mind a couple buddies of mine who speed ran the game back nearly 20 years ago. Seem to recall that you could get the double jumping upgrade right at the start of the game by climbing onto the top of Samus' ship and making some tricky jumps off of there.

Metroid has always been my favorite Nintendo game since the NES. My 14yo has a switch that he doesn't use much. I'm going to have to borrow it and get the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom