My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (22 Viewers)

I have yet to see an exception to this in 20 years of playing.
I have played with a few former dealers in my home game and mavens game, all relatively tight. (paging @IaHawk). Wonder if it's active dealers, because I agree on that point - anytime I've played with a dealer in a card room it's all action.

It’s either/or, nothing in the middle in my experience. Two very solid right mixed games players who also deal at Talking Stick. The other 4 that play regularly are looser than hell and punt regularly.

I have played with a few former dealers in my home game and mavens game, all relatively tight. (paging @IaHawk). Wonder if it's active dealers, because I agree on that point - anytime I've played with a dealer in a card room it's all action.
I think @IaHawk became a nit after he got arrested for running a raked underground game (or something like that. I forget all the details. :sneaky:). Who knows, the feds may have turned him, and he's gathering evidence to be used against us.

I think @IaHawk became a nit after he got arrested for running a raked underground game (or something like that. I forget all the details. :sneaky:). Who knows, the feds may have turned him, and he's gathering evidence to be used against us.
So tight you forget he's there and then he gets second place.

I initially read this as he ran a "naked" underground game. I was thinking, "oh yeah, he should definitely be arrested!"

So it's been a long time coming but I'm working on making some aesthetic changes to the vlog including creating all new card graphics that I think will pop better (old on left, new on right)

old_vs_new.png

And then starting to incorporate some new effects and sounds that I think will grab and hold viewers attention better to the action in my clips, something like this (but with the new card set)

They're both bros in the "we can make people do anything, as long as they think we exist" club.

Sadly, they couldn't print the whole name on their motorcycle jackets, so only Buddha and Ganesha could wear them.

Alright, been playing around with a new layout for the vlogs. My old layout was specifically designed for 1920x1080 viewing in mind, but with shorts becoming popular I'm trying to make a layout that I can still utilize for the long-form content, but also convert individual clips from the long-form vlogs into shorts that then direct the viewer to the long-form content without having them lose the graphics.

OLD VLOG LAYOUT

old_vlog.png

NEW VLOG IDEA

1920x1080 for long-form content:

test_1920_1080.png

1080x1080 for instagram/tiktok/youtube shorts

test_instagram_tiktok.png

I like moving the "hero" section to the bottom center instead of the top-left, because it gives the viewer the perspective they'd have playing at the table with the cards centered and below them, rather than off in the top corner.

Issues:

1. Including Villains Hands (sometimes multiple opponents at showdown)
2. Sometimes we get two full boards or run it twice on the flop or turn
3. I should probably still include my position in the hand as viewers enjoyed that
4. I should probably include the stakes of the game being played as well

So still have some figuring out to do

Might replace the grey poker jeezus cardbacks with this version instead:

jeezus.png

not 100% sold on the font for the lettering in it though, might play around with some other options

Alright, the testing continues. Got this layout setup that allows me to put the graphics more centered so I can clip existing long-form content into shorts without losing graphics that used to be on the side.

Here I removed the sound from the clip and didn't narrate as I'm just testing, but added effects for cards and the pot updating, and sounds as well that I think work pretty well, what does everyone think?

Based on feedback I've adjusted to this style of design:

fixed5.png

So the top image is for my long-form content viewed at 1920x1080p. Then below represents a 1080x1080 format designed to mesh with Youtube shorts, TikTok and Instagram, allowing me to not lose the graphics when I convert the clips over. It also includes if I have a double board bomb pot or run it twice, plus where I could display Villains hand near the end of the clip for showdown

fixed3.png

I think these graphical upgrades along with new animations and sound effects should grab and keep viewers attention better, allowing me to gain more subscribers to the channel and grow the brand.

Based on feedback I've adjusted to this style of design:

View attachment 1241704

So the top image is for my long-form content viewed at 1920x1080p. Then below represents a 1080x1080 format designed to mesh with Youtube shorts, TikTok and Instagram, allowing me to not lose the graphics when I convert the clips over. It also includes if I have a double board bomb pot or run it twice, plus where I could display Villains hand near the end of the clip for showdown

View attachment 1241703

I think these graphical upgrades along with new animations and sound effects should grab and keep viewers attention better, allowing me to gain more subscribers to the channel and grow the brand.
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom