My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (22 Viewers)

All i saw was some pervy guy watching from the other table.

Thoughts:
Allison got too confident in her run good.
Maybe color up sooner?
Booth guy was not entertaining.
They should ask how to pronounce the greek name of the sorority before butchering Xi.

I turned on the stream then walked away for most of it. I think it said 5 people streaming at final table, would have thought parents alone would be 20+?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914_232522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_232522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 94
All i saw was some pervy guy watching from the other table.

Thoughts:
Allison got too confident in her run good.
Maybe color up sooner?
Booth guy was not entertaining.
They should ask how to pronounce the greek name of the sorority before butchering Xi.

I turned on the stream then walked away for most of it. I think it said 5 people streaming at final table, would have thought parents alone would be 20+?

We missed a color up somehow, so scrambled to fix it late

Yeah I had responded in chat that Xi was Z but guess they missed it

I think we peaked around 30 viewers, usually we get 10-12

I'm just glad the ladies had so much fun playing, it was refreshing to see people just enjoying the competition and experience without taking it too seriously

Oof, playing the PLO tourney with over 3k up top. Down to 16 players out of 63, top 7 get paid.

I've built my stack up pretty nicely when blinds are 6k/12k and doofus big stack with around a million raises to 30K from UTG+1

Then he gets repotted by the next player to 108k.

Folds to me in the BB and I look down at the insanely pretty QJT9 double s00ted!

I just call with enough chips to find a fold post-flop if it's not good for me, but putting the reraiser on Aces, not sure what the chipleader has (he had just moved to our table)

Chipleader calls and we see a 986 flop so I've got a pair plus top end of the straight wrap and backdoor clubs.

With over 300k in the pot I rip it, and to my surprise both my opponents rip it as well!

Doofus chipleader turns over 9864 double s00ted, other player has Aces like I expected, but his side cards are T7 giving him the flopped nut-straight, oof!

Fortunately neither has spades so those are clean outs for me. I can hit a 7, T, J or Q to make my hand, plus backdoor clubs.

Unfortunately I don't get there and bust in 16th, but looking at the equities very happy with my play.

1.jpg
2.jpg

4.png

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 49
Lol, doofus made 4-pair

Looks like you started the hand with roughly 310K-320k so I do get the call pre and that leaves with about a 2/3 pot shove on the flop if you like it.

So I get the pre-flop call even if it's tough to strand a 1/3 of your stack when you miss. You stood to chip up to nearly a million if you won the runout. Good gamble, sorry you couldn't pull the needed card.

I am trying to figure out the runouts that would make this a "tie." Even QJ wouldn't be a tie since AAT7-guy would only have a straight to the jack having to play a 7.

Jack-anything, or Ten-anything gives you a Q-hi straight and no one would have a queen. The only Queen-anything that makes anyone else a straight is QJ, but again, that guy has to play a 7 to make a straight, can't use the Queen. A ten-seven runout would cause the two villians to tie each other, but both have hands inferior to hero who can make a queen high straight.

An Ace doesn't lead to a tie, but it does take all of doofus outs away.
A King doesn't lead to a tie
The case 9 doesn't lead to a tie, but does give doofus the best hand with hero having a redraw to a higher full
An 8 or 6 doesn't lead to a tie, but would eliminate hero, and all doofus has to do is fade the two aces left in the deck.
A seven puts hero in the lead with a J-hi straight, and even a river jack then improves hero to a queen hi straight that AAT7 guy can't play.
And a 5, 4, 3, 2 changes nothing.

So maybe this is my Omaha education here, I feel I must be missing something regarding tie outs.

Lol, doofus made 4-pair

Looks like you started the hand with roughly 310K-320k so I do get the call pre and that leaves with about a 2/3 pot shove on the flop if you like it.

So I get the pre-flop call even if it's tough to strand a 1/3 of your stack when you miss. You stood to chip up to nearly a million if you won the runout. Good gamble, sorry you couldn't pull the needed card.
Someone made 4 pair playing implocean this past weekend and we deemed it an Icelandic full house. 3 pair is a Canadian full house in my house. Going to try to get this to stick!

I am trying to figure out the runouts that would make this a "tie." Even QJ wouldn't be a tie since AAT7-guy would only have a straight to the jack having to play a 7.

Jack-anything, or Ten-anything gives you a Q-hi straight and no one would have a queen. The only Queen-anything that makes anyone else a straight is QJ, but again, that guy has to play a 7 to make a straight, can't use the Queen. A ten-seven runout would cause the two villians to tie each other, but both have hands inferior to hero who can make a queen high straight.

The case 9 doesn't lead to a tie, but does give doofus the best hand with hero having a redraw to a higher full
An 8 or 6 doesn't lead to a tie, but would eliminate hero, and all doofus has to do is fade the two aces left in the deck.
A seven puts hero in the lead with a J-hi straight, and even a river jack then improves hero to a queen hi straight that AAT7 guy can't play.

So maybe this is my Omaha education here, I feel I must be missing something regarding tie outs.
Oh I figured it out. @Anthony Martino , the odds didn't refresh once you put in the flop. You were in WAY BETTER SHAPE!

With flop..

Screenshot_20231019-095210.png

LATE EDIT: Guy with flopped straight and AA had WAAAAAY the worst of it actually. Rungood to hold on to that one.

Pre flop... (Odds match what you showed above.)

Screenshot_20231019-095111.png

That’s the pre-flop percentages. Post flop, @Anthony Martino is 44.89%, aces is 31.68%, doofus is 23.42%.

Unfathomable that you didn't improve there. Was this Big O or 5 card PLO?

It was Big O. So he limps UTG with absolute fucking trash, then calls my UTG+1 pot sized raise, he flops the nuts and is still under 24% equity because I have top set, nut flush draw, backdoor low and backdoor diamonds but somehow manages to dodge all the outs and bust me 12 from the money.

Kid's a dealer too, and I can count on one hand how many dealers I've played against that are actually strong opponents rather than donktards mashing buttons trying to get lucky.

At least he was trying to give me all the chips :(

It was Big O. So he limps UTG with absolute fucking trash, then calls my UTG+1 pot sized raise, he flops the nuts and is still under 24% equity because I have top set, nut flush draw, backdoor low and backdoor diamonds but somehow manages to dodge all the outs and bust me 12 from the money.

Kid's a dealer too, and I can count on one hand how many dealers I've played against that are actually strong opponents rather than donktards mashing buttons trying to get lucky.

At least he was trying to give me all the chips :(
Even worse lol. No draw to a low at all, not even a shitty one, and no nut flush possibilities. Broadway, even with three in the mitt to make one is a total trash hand. At best you're drawing to only half and that's if the run out is totally pure with no flush draws, no board pairing and no low draw.

I feel you here. I've run into outstandingly cold decks since September. I don't think I'm playing poorly either. Opponents lately just all seeming to get there on the two late streets despite applying more pressure than I usually would pre and post flop and not getting there either when I have draws to the nuts with scoop potential.

Even worse lol. No draw to a low at all, not even a shitty one, and no nut flush possibilities. Broadway, even with three in the mitt to make one is a total trash hand. At best you're drawing to only half and that's if the run out is totally pure with no flush draws, no board pairing and no low draw.

I feel you here. I've run into outstandingly cold decks since September. I don't think I'm playing poorly either. Opponents lately just all seeming to get there on the two late streets despite applying more pressure than I usually would pre and post flop and not getting there either when I have draws to the nuts with scoop potential.

The dealer donkey got one of my buddys with an even worse hand last night, it should be illegal to win with that hand in big o

Screenshot_20231121_135930_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20231121_135939_Messenger.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom