The LEGO Thread (1 Viewer)

My current Nerd wall featuring my Lego collection
PXL_20230618_171346000.jpg

Rant incoming.

Just finished this trash set for the second time because all 10k pieces crumbled to the ground after spending 25 hours the first time. Unstable, repetitive, infuriating. We've completed hundreds of sets the past 3 years, including the largest, most complicated ones. I've never used glue before, but this almost had me ready to break it out.

5 foot tall piece of shit. Do not recommend. I wanted to visit France before, but this Lego set may make me boycott an entire nation. :wtf:

20230703_203705.jpg

When I had my last LEGO buy, I bought the "up-scaled minifigure" knowing we were approaching the start of the monsoon season here in southern Arizona. This typically means nights on shift at the observatory with the telescope closed and me mostly observing the underside of clouds and not stars. I take advantage of this "down time" to catch up on some data analysis work I do, which is difficult to do while observing, or even to catch up on shows I might be watching. When the analysis work is done and I'm tired of watching things or even reading threads here, I need something to keep idle hands busy. I thought this little 650 brick build might be perfect as it wouldn't take terribly long nor need more than a small corner of the desk in the control room rather than my build station back at home.

I didn't expect it to put a big goofy smile on my face much like the one below, nor for as long as it has managed to do so.

AD-LEGO-Maxifig-1.jpg

It's fully articulated, with arms, legs, the hands and even the head movable to put it in different poses.

AD-LEGO-Maxifig-2.jpg

The best part, the hat flips open to reveal a proper mini-fig inside at the controls!! :love:

AD-LEGO-Maxifig-3.jpg

A pretty straightforward 2.5 hour build with a bare minimum of cursing, unlike most of the recent sets I've worked on. I don't think I've had this much pure joy building with LEGO since I was ten!

(A departing shot on my laptop watching the replay of the Hungarian Grand Prix as I was asleep when it aired live.)

AD-LEGO-Maxifig-4.jpg

Last edited:
When I had my last LEGO buy, I bought the "up-scaled minifigure" knowing we were approaching the start of the monsoon season here in southern Arizona. This typically means nights on shift at the observatory with the telescope closed and me mostly observing the underside of clouds and not stars. I take advantage of this "down time" to catch up on some data analysis work I do, which is difficult to do while observing, or even to catch up on shows I might be watching. When the analysis work is done and I'm tired of watching things or even reading threads here, I need something to keep idle hands busy. I thought this little 650 brick build might be perfect as it wouldn't take terribly long nor need more than a small corner of the desk in the control room rather than my build station back at home.

I didn't expect it to put a big goofy smile on my face much like the one below, nor for as long as it has managed to do so.

View attachment 1169365

It's fully articulated, with arms, legs, the hands and even the head movable to put it in different poses.

View attachment 1169366

The best part, the hat flips open to reveal a proper mini-fig inside at the controls!! :love:

View attachment 1169367

A pretty straightforward 2.5 hour build with a bare minimum of cursing, unlike most of the recent sets I've worked on. I don't think I've had this much pure joy building with LEGO since I was ten!

(A departing shot on my laptop watching the replay of the Hungarian Grand Prix as I was asleep when it aired live.)

View attachment 1169368
Okay that's great. Nice touch

Wow that set is super cool! I can definitely see why that'd be such a joy to build :)
I absolutely love the detail of the minifig inside at the helm

My most recent Lego purchase was this set, which I bought as soon as I found it existed. I don't think I'd bought anything before it for ages
IMG_20230816_110213_706.jpg

But as a kid I was super into Legos and even had a "Lego closet" filled with tons of them.maybe someday I'll find a bit more space at my place and clear up the space those Legos are taking at my parents' for them

I will try to post my sets but I do have a collection of the modular buildings dating from cafe corner and green grocer. Nice to find folks here that dabble in Lego :). I’m also hooked on the amusement park style sets like carousel / fairground / roller coasters.

I will try to post my sets but I do have a collection of the modular buildings dating from cafe corner and green grocer. Nice to find folks here that dabble in Lego :). I’m also hooked on the amusement park style sets like carousel / fairground / roller coasters.
When the Rollercoaster set came out the cashier looked at me funny when I said I needed 2. Never made the original went straight to MOC:
20231015_194657.jpg

20231015_194521.jpg

20231015_194737.jpg

20231015_194845.jpg

20231015_195407.jpg

20231015_195541.jpg

20231015_195651.jpg

20231015_195819.jpg

20231015_195738.jpg

Can run 3 trains at once!! Posting pics because I'm tearing it down soon/been up for years time to rotate to something else.

When the Rollercoaster set came out the cashier looked at me funny when I said I needed 2. Never made the original went straight to MOC:
View attachment 1209896
View attachment 1209897
View attachment 1209898
View attachment 1209899
View attachment 1209900
View attachment 1209901
View attachment 1209902
View attachment 1209903
View attachment 1209904
Can run 3 trains at once!! Posting pics because I'm tearing it down soon/been up for years time to rotate to something else.
Did you get the looper coaster as well?! I relocated so haven’t had time to build up rest of the sets. My roller coasters haven’t been built but want to at some point when there’s a dedicated spot / room to showcase legos.

Did you get the looper coaster as well?! I relocated so haven’t had time to build up rest of the sets. My roller coasters haven’t been built but want to at some point when there’s a dedicated spot / room to showcase legos.
*****SPOILER ALERT*****
(maybe)
My problem is I'll need even moAr height to get the loops to work & I have this above my coaster:
20220506_091550.jpg

20190716_204641.jpg

20220504_203116.jpg

20220504_204016.jpg

and it's not going anywhere.

Any idea if those are they 100% lego blocks? If not do they use some kind of special large filler lego?
Don't know of that particular model but usually it's just the outer shell of the model, with some construction parts holding it together (both of which 100% LEGO), in addition to a steel structure making sure the model doesn't collapse under its own weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom