The LEGO Thread (1 Viewer)

Most of my LEGO lives at my office in town and I finally got around to hanging the shelves I bought for them many months ago.

AD-202402-LEGO-shelf.jpg

The Titanic and the maxi-fig are on a bookcase behind me (and feature in the background on my Zoom calls). There are more at home, but these are the ones I keep nearby.

The main reason for the shelves was so I could clear my build station where three of these ( :oops: ) had been living. Onto the roller coaster now that I have a spot to build again.

(I'm already realizing I need probably this much shelf space again for what's in boxes and unbuilt right now.)

[EDIT] From left to right, James Bond Aston Martin DB5, Mini Cooper, McLaren F1, NASA Spirit/Opportunity rover, MST3K backer reward mug, Apollo 11 Eagle moon landing, Apollo 11 Command Module high fidelity (non LEGO) model, Space Shuttle Discovery and Hubble Space Telescope.

Last edited:
I finished mine last week but was too busy to upload photos (including going to see the movie!).

AD-LEGO-Dune1.jpg

The wingspan on the 'thopter blades is impressive when they are deployed!

AD-LEGO-Dune2.jpg

Baron Harkonnen in his suspensors in LEGO form is hysterical!

AD-LEGO-Dune3.jpg

AD-LEGO-Dune4.jpg

The detail is quite impressive. I figured they would have to dilute some of those to get this to work in brick form, but remarkably that wasn't the case.

I was honestly expecting a lot more cursing during the build when I realized the blades don't just retract but also flap! I was pleasantly surprised how easy a build this actually was. 6.5 hours total, so just a smidge longer than @krafticus +1.

I finished mine last week but was too busy to upload photos (including going to see the movie!).

View attachment 1298062
The wingspan on the 'thopter blades is impressive when they are deployed!

View attachment 1298063

Baron Harkonnen in his suspensors in LEGO form is hysterical!

View attachment 1298064
View attachment 1298065

The detail is quite impressive. I figured they would have to dilute some of those to get this to work in brick form, but remarkably that wasn't the case.

I was honestly expecting a lot more cursing during the build when I realized the blades don't just retract but also flap! I was pleasantly surprised how easy a build this actually was. 6.5 hours total, so just a smidge longer than @krafticus +1.
The dress/feet on Lady Jessica are backwards……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom