Fantasy Football? (2 Viewers)

I'd play but prefer traditional scoring and EPSN. Drafting defensive players isn't something I'm interested in.

I'd play but prefer traditional scoring and EPSN. Drafting defensive players isn't something I'm interested in.
I would never play a league that drafted defensive players. Only change from standard scoring currently is that non-drafted players will be free agents immediately following the draft.

We have 7 players who have stated they are in (or probably in) but still only have 3 of you who have joined. Please get yourselves registered if you're playing.

Not worth starting a thread over, but since you all obviously are fantasy football fans you might appreciate this: In a draft I'm doing today a guy takes jordy Nelson and starts talking shit, exactly nine minutes later the news breaks that he tore his acl this morning. The room erupted, it was so awesome. Every year there is a big injury that affects the draft, I've never seen it happen that quick though.

Yeah, I only have one cash league drafted so far but turns out the guy who took Jordy in the 2nd round also had K-ben in the 4th. Ouch!

Yeah, I only have one cash league drafted so far but turns out the guy who took Jordy in the 2nd round also had K-ben in the 4th. Ouch!

Wow, love it. The way fantasy is though if he hits the waivers right he could be in it at the end. Love this time of year.

Wow, love it. The way fantasy is though if he hits the waivers right he could be in it at the end. Love this time of year.

Depends on if its a inverse standings system which is IMHO archaic and backwards versus a free agency auction board (FAAB). Understand the need to give underdogs a chance, but this is a game of luck and skill, those who are winning shouldn't be penalized for it.

Depends on if its a inverse standings system which is IMHO archaic and backwards versus a free agency auction board (FAAB). Understand the need to give underdogs a chance, but this is a game of luck and skill, those who are winning shouldn't be penalized for it.

I am definitely in favor of getting FF up to date and away from the "get off my lawn" type leagues that old people play, for instance I am a HUGE auction draft fan. After I did my first auction draft I saw the light about how much better it is. You can still have a great draft and a shit ton of fun doing snake style, but if you want skill/knowleddge/effort to be rewarded then auction is the only way to go. Goes double for me if the league is a nice sized buy in, auction is the only option then.

But when it comes to waivers I really like the inverse standings way as opposed to the auction board for some reason. I know I should like the FAAB, but I like the fact that the worst teams get the most help. Plus, when a player becomes a free agent in the NFL they pass through waivers so I like that it keeps with how the league does it.

I do hear what your saying about how skill should be rewarded just as much as the under dogs need help though, and it makes me question why I like auction draft format but not the FAAB. Maybe one day my feelings will change.

In two big leagues, One auction, One Snake

Auction League we have a FAAB $100 budget for waiver pickups.

Snake League we have a ever-rotating waiver priority. If you have 1st priority and use the waiver claim you go to last. Everyone moves up a spot. It does not reset after every week of the season for league record. We start the waiver priority from the order you picked in snake. Last pick gets 1st waiver, etc etc

Snake League we have a ever-rotating waiver priority. If you have 1st priority and use the waiver claim you go to last. Everyone moves up a spot. It does not reset after every week of the season for league record. We start the waiver priority from the order you picked in snake. Last pick gets 1st waiver, etc etc

That's an interesting way to do it, I've never played in a league that did it like that. It's tough to reward anything off draft order to me though, because to me having the last draft spot isn't automatically horrible. I would take last spot over second or third spot in a 12 person league because of the two quality players that you can draft back to back. I know it's just your starting point and doesn't have much bearing after that but to me it could be argued that the person with the first shot at waivers week one (or whenever they want to use there first waiver pick) didn't necessarily have the worst spot in the draft.

That's an interesting way to do it, I've never played in a league that did it like that. It's tough to reward anything off draft order to me though, because to me having the last draft spot isn't automatically horrible. I would take last spot over second or third spot in a 12 person league because of the two quality players that you can draft back to back. I know it's just your starting point and doesn't have much bearing after that but to me it could be argued that the person with the first shot at waivers week one (or whenever they want to use there first waiver pick) didn't necessarily have the worst spot in the draft.

Well this is a long time running league, draft order is decided by the previous years standings, 1st place of the regular season gets last pick. Last place finisher of regular season gets 1st pick. etc etc so there is some rhyme and reason to it all.

Been sitting on 3 teams registered for over a week and a half, league has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

If anyone else thinks they may have better luck getting one up and running count me in (as long as there is cash involved).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom