Fantasy Football 2017 - DRAFT WED 9/6 8pm EST (3 Viewers)

Hey all -

I'm going to be determining the draft order tonight via random dice rolls. I have a 12-sided die and have assigned the following numbers to each team (based on the final standings from last year - yes, this is my last chance to remind everyone that I am the defending 2016 PCF Fantasy Football champion.... ;-)

Die #1 - Condoms and Snakes (Bergs)
Die #2 - Charm City Cripplers (Chippy)
Die #3 - Ahead till the Playoffs (Krafty)
Die #4 - OBJ LGBT (ManAmongKids)
Die #5 - Vantucky Snot Rockets
Die #6 - Phantom Power Ludicrous Speed (FlipUpChip)
Die #7 - Involuntary Bowel Movements (GrumpyCat)
Die #8 - The City That Reeds (Kirkhhausen)
Die #9 - Team Apache (Apache)
Die #10 - SouthSide ReachArounds (IBetOnEverything)
Die #11 - Kameltoe Krushers (Slisk) - or replacement player if he drops
Die #12 - Safety Dance (UpnDown)

I'll video it and post it to here if size permits. We'll start with Draft Slot #12 and work our way up. Look for an update shortly.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Correction - dice takes too long - using cards.

DRAFT ORDER DETERMINED!

Pick #1: Involuntary Bowel Movements (GrumpyCat)
Pick #2: Condoms and Snakes (Bergs)
Pick #3: The City That Reeds (Kirkhhausen)
Pick #4: OBJ LGBT (ManAmongKids)
Pick #5: Ahead Till The Playoffs (Krafty)
Pick #6: Vantucky Snot Rockets
Pick #7: Team Apache (Apache)
Pick #8: Kameltoe Krushers (Slisk)
Pick #9: Phantom Power Ludicrous Speed (FlipUpChip)
Pick #10: SouthSide ReachArounds (IBetOnEverything)
Pick #11: Safety Dance (UpnDown)
Pick #12: Charm City Cripplers (Chippy)

I'll update this on the site in a bit.

You can trade draft picks but not for other draft picks. We did it last year for money (I think I gave someone $20 to trade up 2 slots or something like that if memory serves). It's difficult with the site controls for me to facilitate the trading of draft picks on-line but maybe if we got a conference call together for the draft or the locals here met up somewhere we could facilitate some of this.

Last edited:
Video is too large to post here. It's 1 min 15 seconds long. I'll probably post it to my Twitter account if I can make that work (@BoomfishBerg)

** I can allow trading of draft picks via the ESPN site. Appears to be a new feature this year. The only caveat is that we need the teams and owners locked in. **

Slisk - I think the only outstanding possible change is your team. Let me know what you want to do. I think 12thMan wanted in on the league as well so you may want to PM him.

A cash deal to switch draft positions seems fine, but I hope this isn't a situation where people would be buying and selling draft picks?

A cash deal to switch draft positions seems fine, but I hope this isn't a situation where people would be buying and selling draft picks?

Worked fine last year, but once we lock the owners and teams in we'll enable the draft pick trading feature - if it lets you trade things like your first rounder for a 3rd and 4th rounder than we'll just eschew the cash altogether. Endgame is that most people don't really want to pay more than $20 max to move draft slots.

Worked fine last year, but once we lock the owners and teams in we'll enable the draft pick trading feature - if it lets you trade things like your first rounder for a 3rd and 4th rounder than we'll just eschew the cash altogether. Endgame is that most people don't really want to pay more than $20 max to move draft slots.

Just to clarify - yeah, it's only to change slots in the draft if we do the cash thing, not actual picks (like I give you $20 and I take your slot and you take mine for the whole draft).

@bergs I'm not going to be able to make the draft. I have a work outing I cannot miss that night.

Looking back on the list, I'm happy to give my team to @12thMan if he wants it. I can collect Paypal from him and add him as owner to my roster in ESPN. Then I should be able to remove myself from there.

@12thMan do you still want the spot? Draft is 9/6 8pm EST

Still have plenty of time to research and formulate my elite squad.

Looking forward to donating again this year!

Here is my team

QB Russell Wilson
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Frank Gore
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Michael Thomas
TE Travis Kelce
FLEX Jarvis Landry
D/ST Chiefs
K Dustin Hopkins

I give myself a grade of a solid B. I just hope old man Gore does not break down. Thanks for putting this together Bergs.

Here is my team

QB Russell Wilson
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Frank Gore
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Michael Thomas
TE Travis Kelce
FLEX Jarvis Landry
D/ST Chiefs
K Dustin Hopkins

I give myself a grade of a solid B. I just hope old man Gore does not break down. Thanks for putting this together Bergs.

I think Jordie and Wilson might end up as the best at their respective positions this year.
Gore's done and you'll find a better flex than Landry.

I think Jordie and Wilson might end up as the best at their respective positions this year.
Gore's done and you'll find a better flex than Landry.
I think Wilson might stink, they have still not improved their offensive line since their Super Bowl appearances, biggest flaw on a really good team

Landry is fine at flex if he can avoid suspension. I'd be more concerned about your running backs, but your receivers and tight end are very good.

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Davonte Freeman
RB Jordan Howard
WR Alshon Jeffery
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Kyle Rudolph
FLEX Ty Montgomery
D/ST Panthers
K Matt Bryant

My team gets an A++

Sorry suckers you're all fighting for second place.

QB Mariota
RB Lamar Miller
RB Woodhead/Tevin Coleman
WR Julio Jones
WR Dez Bryant
TE Jordan Reed
Flex Demaryius Thomas
D Vikings
K Tucker

QB Kirk Cousins - EL OH FUCKING EL
RB Davonte Freeman - solid pick but when he goes down do you have his handcuff?
RB Jordan Howard - solid RB but most opponents of the Bears are going to put 15 players, a trainer, and a hot tub in the box so good luck running
WR Alshon Jeffery - has a better chance getting receptions with Big Bird at QB than his current QB
WR Emmanuel Sanders - quarterback, throw thyself
TE Kyle Rudolph - love this pick
FLEX Ty Montgomery
D/ST Panthers
K Matt Bryant - isn't he 144 years old?

My team gets an C+, at best.

Sorry suckers you're all fighting for second place.

In short, I like the Freeman pick, but everything else is reliant on having a QB that your respective wideouts don't have. On the other hand, you have Kirk Cousins, and he'll throw for 400 yards and 5TDs twice this year against Dallas, but good luck against real defenses in the rest of the league.

QB Mariota
RB Lamar Miller
RB Woodhead/Tevin Coleman
WR Julio Jones
WR Dez Bryant
TE Jordan Reed
Flex Demaryius Thomas
D Vikings
K Tucker

I think Miller and Mariota are going to turn in disappointing years and I hate RB committees. Love the Jones/Bryant/Reed picks though. Thomas needs a QB with a functioning arm and an IQ over 55.

I'm not sure what to think of my team. I'm used to ppr leagues with more flex positions:

QB Rivers
RB Elliot / McFadden
RB Ingram
WR Hilton
WR Watkins
TE GRONK
Flex Decker

I have Jamaal Charles on my bench - I really don't think it's a pipe dream. He looked good in preseason week 3, and when has CJ Anderson ever stayed healthy?

Thomas needs a QB with a functioning arm and an IQ over 55.

I swear, Thomas hasn't played the same since his mother got out of jail. I suppose the more reasonable correlation would be since he stopped having a good QB, but there might still be something there.

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - Le'Veon Bell
RB - Leonard Fournette
WR - Terrence Pryor Sr
WR - Davante Adams
TE - Jack Doyle
FLEX - Isiah Crowell
D - Broncos
K - Dan Bailey

Picked up Conner as Bell's handcuff and I have Allen Robinson (WR), Kenny Britt (WR), and LeGarrette Blount (RB, PHI) on the bench. Also have other people's RB handcuffs (Sims from TB, Washington from OAK, and West from KC).

Loved my first 6 picks as things went just as I scripted picking 2nd and having my second round pick be very late (23rd). Got Bell first, then Fournette, then Crowell, then Pryor, Adams, and Dak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom