Anyone have experience with PayPal's dispute resolution process? (1 Viewer)

I said I wanted new photos of the chips.... his response....

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181107-142915_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181107-142915_Chrome.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 132
All jokes aside the recent influx of scams is very concerning and hopefully doesn't erode the trust which the classifieds is based on.

Public service message:

The post above prompts me to remind everyone to be careful about dealing with members who are not established or are not well known. PCF does what it can. It requires that people have at least 10 posts before buying or selling in the classifieds with the goal that people would get to know new members. Mods spend a considerable amount of time behind the scenes trying to watch and weed out those trying to join the site to spam and scam. However, 10 posts is not a lot, and in the end, if you are unsure, ask around.

I said I wanted new photos of the chips.... his response....

Lol, he has time to reply to other people via PM with stupid comments / looking to get more money, but won't reply to me via PM, email, or the threads... I sent him $1100, think that buys at least a reply...

Lol, he has time to reply to other people via PM with stupid comments / looking to get more money, but won't reply to me via PM, email, or the threads... I sent him $1100, think that buys at least a reply...
I think PayPal will see the all the fraud and reverse yours. Once that happens, he will be quick to respond.

time to ditch paypal, their bs and their fees. Isn't there a blockchain solution for this yet?

I use a service called QuadrigaCX but I think it is only available to Canadians. You can immediately transfer funds between CAD/USD/BTC.

Sending BTC is free and then when you want to sit on some funds for a while you can hold them in either CAD or USD which helps you avoid the volatility of BTC. BTC is a fantastic solution in terms of being able to send funds quickly and free anywhere in the world.

For Americans that use BTC that is an option we could look into.

I think PayPal will see the all the fraud and reverse yours. Once that happens, he will be quick to respond.

Paypal doesn't care if he is using the account fraudulently... their policy is if you pay via friends and family they will not assist you.
They refused to help me any further and said my only recourse is to contact the authorities.

Update - dispute case opened with paypal for the transaction.. it's friends and family so don't have too much hope for the $300, but do believe I'll be successful with the $805 from my bank

Update.. got some good news, received a paypal refund yesterday for the full $1100 I sent. (y) :thumbsup:
I attribute this to my bank handling the matter and addressing it with paypal (where paypal was useless).

Just looked at this again on my PayPal and it switched from being resolved 11/17 if he didn’t respond to “under review by PayPal” and expected resolution 12/9 so I’m 100% calling my bank and PayPal tomorrow. Not sure how him being completely proven fradualent before their review would extend it. Will update here monday.

Called PayPal and they explained that the change in my claim status to "under review by PayPal" just meant the seller had issued a refund on 11/9 (two days after filing the claim). They said that the amount should be refunded in my account on 11/19.

Basically our buddy Julien got cold feet and refunded the payment before PayPal or the authorities had to get more involved. He'll probably say its all one big misunderstanding, that he accepted money from half a dozen people for the same product, on accident :D. Hope everyone else is being made whole as well and we can put this behind us!

Yup. Are they back on sale or something?

No, when I first saw them I did a let an Oregonian chipper know about them in case he was interested in checking them out in person. Glad you’ll be getting your money back.

Start a thread to let everyone know just in case he reposts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom