Buyer Beware--Ruff'd up chips from Big_Dog_FL (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if, due to your belief in them sucking, you believe it completely negates your responsibility as a seller/shipper and you refuse to take blame or remedy a situation due to your own negligence in shipping. Not sure why that line directed at the seller struck such a nerve for you that it required two posts; typically I'd assume that means the shoe fits but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Sorry. Somebody called me a gatekeeper in another thread and I didn't care for it. And since we're getting all ranty here, I ranted.

Sorry. Somebody called me a gatekeeper in another thread and I didn't care for it. And since we're getting all ranty here, I ranted.
Over/Under of you starting a thread about gatekeeping.....

47 minutes .....

I bought a set of chips from here and they came tossed in a gallon ziploc bag inside a big box. no padding, nothing and shipped halfway across the country. I guess I got lucky none were damaged.
I guess this is one of those many other happy customers of yours @Big_Dog_FL

What I find most amazing is how you made through here 8+ years still thinking this is an acceptable way to ship poker chips. Even after you see the results you’re like ”it’s not my fault”. Best of luck doing any more business here. I for one moved you to my block list the minute I saw that sorry ass packaging job.

Does the shipper / seller wear ill fitting suits and large lady like white rubber boots.

It would answer a lot of questions
1995eed0-d8d3-4702-8019-1234c2f7c539-DeSantis_White_Boots_01.jpeg

I guess this is one of those many other happy customers of yours @Big_Dog_FL

What I find most amazing is how you made through here 8+ years still thinking this is an acceptable way to ship poker chips. Even after you see the results you’re like ”it’s not my fault”. Best of luck doing any more business here. I for one moved you to my block list the minute I saw that sorry ass packaging job.
You sound like an idiot. LOL

I take it all back. You guys are actually pretty funny. I think the bigger question here is what kind of insecure asshole do you have to be to demand a refund that night. And also offer to keep the chips. Even after I apologized and said sorry for the inconvenience. Then you’re so insecure you take it public. For $.36 a chip China clays.

I take it all back. You guys are actually pretty funny. I think the bigger question here is what kind of insecure asshole do you have to be to demand a refund that night. And also offer to keep the chips. Even after I apologized and said sorry for the inconvenience. Then you’re so insecure you take it public. For $.36 a chip China clays.
What price per chip is acceptable to get a refund for versus just having to say “oh well, I guess I lose out when he sends via Ace Ventura Expedited Shipping”. Is it .40? .52? I need the magic number for my Ted talk.

Jim Carrey Shipping GIF by Morgan Creek

I almost chimed in, the member in question setup a few strawman arguments, and then contradicted their own argument.

There is a guy here who refused to pay an extra $6 for a repair of his pants and decided to leave them there in protest so... $180 is 30x more serious than that!

I take it all back. You guys are actually pretty funny.

Eriks you’re an absolute imbecile. “Acceptable?” Who the hell are you you twit. lol. Now there’s an acceptable way you idiot. Don’t blame me because you’re feeling a little short between the legs. Yes eight years and I’ve never had a broken chip. So some chips broke he says. I’m the one who ends up eating them. So what’s the big deal?
Well, that lasted 6 minutes. Right when I thought we were a family again. *LeSigh*

My reputation on this forum is perfect.
Bro, I’ve been banned 3,712 times. 46.7% of the people on this site hate me. I think I’m better respected then you right now.

Here’s my first piece of advice - and woooooweeeewowzers do I have a lot to share — but let’s start simple on your rehabilitation project.

Don’t type text in giant walls like it’s the Roman army advancing on Carthage. Use the enter key. Create some paragraphs. It’s more democratic.

Eriks you’re an absolute imbecile. “Acceptable?” Who the hell are you you twit. lol. Now there’s an acceptable way you idiot. Don’t blame me because you’re feeling a little short between the legs.
In Ericks defense, he did just get out of the pool and it was quite chilly.

Eriks you’re an absolute imbecile. “Acceptable?” Who the hell are you you twit. lol. Now there’s an acceptable way you idiot. Don’t blame me because you’re feeling a little short between the legs. Yes eight years and I’ve never had a broken chip. So some chips broke he says. I’m the one who ends up eating them. So what’s the big deal?
He's a member that contributed more to the community than you in a shorter amount of time; He also hasn't been accused of scamming other members. When you show up 6 pages later, to call people names rather than address the primary concern of the community and post, maybe idk respond with some tact, do you know that is?

The biggest question here is did you send that refund yet?

Bro, I’ve been banned 3,712 times. 46.7% of the people on this site hate me. I think I’m better respected then you right now.

Here’s my first piece of advice - and woooooweeeewowzers do I have a lot to share — but let’s start simple on your rehabilitation project.

Don’t type text in giant walls like it’s the Roman army advancing on Carthage. Use the enter key. Create some paragraphs. It’s more democratic.
Isnt it about time for another round on the bench. Suns setting real low big guy.....

Now wait one minute. I have to address you imbeciles who negatively commented without knowing the facts. First of all those chips were brand new and never used. I even sent them expedited on my own dime so he got them in two days. Two days prior to that I sold the balance of the chips. Shipped them the same careful way. The buyer received them with absolutely no damage and commented about how beautiful they were. Even said they were chalky. He was delighted. So I hear from this Nimrod on the day he got his chips demanding that I refund his money. He even proposed that he would keep the chips and the refund! And he holds up a pic of a couple of chips that obviously were not mine. He also talks about color bleeding from Chip to Chip after two days in a box. Ridiculous. You could see a picture of the chips before they were sent. Not one flea bite. They were brand new and never used. I was nothing but gracious with this idiot. I just asked a couple of questions. I wanted to see what happened before I refunded his money. I had to ask questions because I obviously need to file a claim with USPS. Like a jerk he demanded his money that night. And even proposed that he keep my chips and the money! He shouldn’t of even had the chips on that day. I sent them two-day Xpress for his benefit. My reputation on this forum is perfect. I’ve done a lot of business and never had one damaged chip. Everybody is happy with what they get. The condition is always better than advertised. And like I said the gentleman who got his chips two days earlier was thrilled. He obviously didn’t pull some kind of game. Anybody here who negatively commented about my reputation without knowing the facts should be ashamed of themselves. Now I have to figure out what to do about the damage that is caused to my reputation here. I am beyond pissed
I had actually maintained neutrality on the subject of who is at fault.

You - and you alone - have convinced me that doing business with you is a high-risk proposition. Every CC chip I have bought has been shipped in a manner that would prevent movement. Even then, I have had 1 CC break in transit. You may have been a long-time member, but you obviously missed the thread on shipping tips and tricks.

Every chip matters, even China clay. Every chip sold on a collector's forum should be packed securely. If you don't use chip boxes, wrap the chips in barrels with saran-wrap, and tape them. It's the "bundle of sticks is stronger than each individual stick" principle. Then secure them in a padded box so the barrels cannot shift/slide into each other. I have wrapped the barrels in bubble wrap. Actual bubble wrap, not those air-pillows. Air-pillows tend to shift out of the way and are terrible unless you are shipping a large boxy item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom