Web Mold 43mm Samples : Lunar Landing Chips (2 Viewers)

Of course she did! :cautious:
I have a feeling she fully underestimated how many people would want the new mold.

Curious, when did you place your order? Mine was sent the night of February 19th.

Mid January, but she doesnt let me pay... so technically i dont have an Order :D
She sent me a Picture of all Positions + Price, i wanted to order .. but she does not send me an invoice.

I never paid, but she got my Label-Designs and said that they are produced with Justins Groupbuy.

Ah ok, makes sense.

The language barrier adds to the shroud of mystery.

I've ordered custom dealer buttons, all-in buttons, and seat cards after I placed the order with Tina. All of those items have already arrived (the plaques from BRPro weren't supposed to ship for 45 days, but they're already here). Chinese New Year + whatever the heck they are doing right now is making me itch. I've been ready with my design since early December! I hate waiting gah!!! LOL

Progress!

Photos are blurry, so I've asked for a video.
660c27b6de569575543cd6220a2fc714.jpg

b8c5e4efc7537d5044c33d318f84f2d3.jpg

So here's a bit more information:

1. The chips themselves are fully produced already (hooray)

2. The labels are 28.3mm and Tina says they are too big. She wants to send out for new labels that are between 28.1mm - 28.2mm. I'm not sure if this is an issue with difficulty applying the labels at that size or an issue with the label covering part of the chip that's not in the middle recess.

3. These labels are the frosted shiny variation and not the semi-gloss variation. I asked for semi-gloss for my chips but maybe she forgot. My final chips will be semi-gloss, but for those interested in this shiny option take a good look at the video to see if it's for you.

4. Tina is guestimating a week turnaround time to get the new labels and photo samples.

5. Tina showed me 39mm web mold chips (Sunset Beach) and they look FANTASTIC! Says that they nailed the label size on those. I'm not sure if I can(should) share the photo that she sent me... not sure if I need permission from the original owner of the artwork, but they look super dope.

Great choice going with the matte labels. The reflectivity of the textured is a real drawback, imo.
Colors look brighter on the matte label as well.

Great choice going with the matte labels. The reflectivity of the textured is a real drawback, imo.
Colors look brighter on the matte label as well.
That's good to hear. Textured is what I got for my first big order, but I've seen others results with the "semi-gloss" label, which looks more matte.

Wow those look really nice! Very happy to see you finally got proofs, and the label detail in the video looks great but definitely confirms the less glossy label choice. I'm excited to hold samples (maybe more so because it would be my very first sample set...)

If anyone wants to back out on the full sample set let me know. I want it. :)
I have a sickness. Year-round I mess around with design ideas, and some seasons are really fruitful with multiple ideas for inlays, chip design, and themes. The longer I waited for these chips to get produced the more I kept coming up with ideas for new sets.

Within the last 48 hours I've started and finished a cash set that looks incredible (to me, my wife, and a couple trusted PCF'ers). I like it so much that I'm considering ordering it today.... but the smart choice would be to wait until I get these LL chips and ensure I like the mold, feel, and color.

IF a sample set of these LL chips don't materialize, I'll put you at the top of the list for my new set-in-the-making. Of course there are probably other sample sets that will get here before any new set I order, but I'm so impatient I might just pull the trigger anyway.

I have a sickness. Year-round I mess around with design ideas, and some seasons are really fruitful with multiple ideas for inlays, chip design, and themes. The longer I waited for these chips to get produced the more I kept coming up with ideas for new sets.

Within the last 48 hours I've started and finished a cash set that looks incredible (to me, my wife, and a couple trusted PCF'ers). I like it so much that I'm considering ordering it today.... but the smart choice would be to wait until I get these LL chips and ensure I like the mold, feel, and color.

IF a sample set of these LL chips don't materialize, I'll put you at the top of the list for my new set-in-the-making. Of course there are probably other sample sets that will get here before any new set I order, but I'm so impatient I might just pull the trigger anyway.
That sounds great. Thank you!

wow these look amazing. i would love a sample set but realize i probably missed it by a mile (just saw this thread for the first time now) - are there other web mold samples still available somewhere?

i just realized that, but i am a 39mm guy anyway so that is perfect.
I normally am too, but I lost the fight for the inlay space to be bigger on the 39mm chips. They decided to go with 24mm (I think) So then when we designed this 43mm chip, we went as big as possible with a 28.3mm inlay. My artwork is kinda detailed, so I'm going to get my customs done on this chip with the big inlay.

I normally am too, but I lost the fight for the inlay space to be bigger on the 39mm chips. They decided to go with 24mm (I think) So then when we designed this 43mm chip, we went as big as possible with a 28.3mm inlay. My artwork is kinda detailed, so I'm going to get my customs done on this chip with the big inlay.

dibs on a sample set

Tina said they had issues at 28.3mm but somehow just changing it to 28.1mm or 28.2mm made a big enough difference to the final result.

When I sent her my artwork I think it was sent as 28mm, so my guess is that they will adjust it as needed to get maximum space without going over.

Tina said they had issues at 28.3mm but somehow just changing it to 28.1mm or 28.2mm made a big enough difference to the final result.

When I sent her my artwork I think it was sent as 28mm, so my guess is that they will adjust it as needed to get maximum space without going over.
Price is right rules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom