The Poker Lab (CPC MD-50 Cash Set) (2 Viewers)

Hornet

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to take some more photos, so I figured I'd give a little background and post some pr0n for my new CPC set.

Initially, I was resistant to designing a CPC set. @Rhodeman77, @Perthmike, and @detroitdad continued to twist my arm, but my concern was that I wasn't going to be able to create anything nearly as nice as their awesome customs, which are some of my favorites on PCF. Eventually, as with all things chipping, I succumbed to their wishes.

I needed a theme, and quickly settled on science, which has always been an interest of mine. I wanted something a little out of the box and as interesting as science is to me. I wanted each of the denominations to represent a different scientific principle, phenomenon, or discovery, and @Perthmike suggested that the base colors and spots could be chosen to physically represent those concepts. Challenge accepted!

I bounced a ton of mockups off of @Perthmike, @detroitdad, and @Rhodeman77 (to be completely accurate, @Perthmike also created a ton of them but he can't help himself). And @p5woody did a great job with the inlay design. I appreciate all of their help. For the inlay, I wanted a parchment paper/Da Vinci sketch feel, and after a while came to the conclusion that I was going to need original artwork to accomplish that objective.

Fortunately, my brother in law was a video game artist, so he is used to creating detailed art in a very small area. I worked with him for several weeks on the artwork, and I'm thrilled with what he created!

Now, on to the pr0n! I hope you enjoy!

8KsnrDp.jpg

TwE4byN.jpg

EekJTwX.jpg

RAyWH4x.jpg

The Line Up:
37iOyoL.jpg

$1, electricity (represented by Tesla Coil)

7BaGmDD.jpg

$5, nuclear energy (represented by atomic bomb)

brO2xSX.jpg

$25, Newton's laws of motion (represented by apple tree)

xkxJplw.jpg

$100, Black Hole

yr2NShU.jpg

$500, DNA

Original CPC Proof:

9ADA6855-599F-48C3-B2F2-1C2B512C2FC8.jpeg

Some of you have already asked me about sample sets. I expect I will have a few available once I sort through everything. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Awesome!

So, is your brother-in-law for hire?

And sample please if available!

Awesome.

So, is your brother-in-law for hire?

And sample please if available!
I can ask him, but it would just be if he wants to do it as a hobby. He’s in management now for a software company, so I don’t think he’s going to give up his day job lol.

I don't have a need for a designer / artist YET...but I'm sure there are many who were/will be thinking the same thing.

I can ask him, but it would just be if he wants to do it as a hobby. He’s in management now for a software company, so I don’t think he’s going to give up his day job lol.
In.

Just when I was feeling uneasy about to excruciating wait time and cpc in general. This set helped push me to the edge. Will be ordering soon myself

These are AWESOME

hands down my favorite CPC mold and one I plan to do a custom set on well down the line. Amazing set!

Still looking at these. Great colors, great spot progression, awesome mold. Bravo!

these are AMAZING. I m still hoping to get a sample set as close second in your giveaway :p very nice design just wow

Fantastic!

Top to bottom, everything about this set is great.

Inlay art, the parchment look...

Colors and mold.

Congrats!

Fan-freakin-tastic. :tup:

Love a sample set if you have any left.

ditto - these are just awesome! would also be happy to trade a sample of my tournament set, really really want to add these to my custom samples collection!

Fantastic!

Top to bottom, everything about this set is great.

Inlay art, the parchment look...

Colors and mold.

Congrats!

Absolutely! Most sets, even my own sets have some small flaws or weaknesses. I don't think this one does. I'm going to credit his design team.

Beautiful chips - awesome design and execution - actual Tesla coil at the Tampa Bay Lightning arena - I just wish they could direct it at opposing players :rolleyes:

0C96571B-C14C-4F5B-BEBA-5485BA9873FE.jpeg

Beautiful chips - awesome design and execution - actual Tesla coil at the Tampa Bay Lightning arena - I just wish they could direct it at opposing players :rolleyes:

View attachment 670625
Thanks and I love that! By the way, can’t believe they are losing to my pathetic Red Wings today lol.

Great design and concept!

Unfortunately, I see some flaws. The equations used have all capital letters, which in scientific designation is incorrect. Small "m" for mass, small "a" for acceleration, small "c" for speed of light.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom