The Poker Lab (CPC MD-50 Cash Set) (2 Viewers)

Man those are special. Love the colors, love the theme and inlays. Congrats. Really cool. If you do some kind of drawing to determine who gets to buy a sample set count me in! Thx

It's true I can't help myself lol. The spots and colours are great, but it's the inlays really make this set though, I love how well they turned out

I finally had a chance to take some more photos, so I figured I'd give a little background and post some pr0n for my new CPC set.

Initially, I was resistant to designing a CPC set. @Rhodeman77, @Perthmike, and @detroitdad continued to twist my arm, but my concern was that I wasn't going to be able to create anything nearly as nice as their awesome customs, which are some of my favorites on PCF. Eventually, as with all things chipping, I succumbed to their wishes.

I needed a theme, and quickly settled on science, which has always been an interest of mine. I wanted something a little out of the box and as interesting as science is to me. I wanted each of the denominations to represent a different scientific principle, phenomenon, or discovery, and @Perthmike suggested that the base colors and spots could be chosen to physically represent those concepts. Challenge accepted!

I bounced a ton of mockups off of @Perthmike, @detroitdad, and @Rhodeman77 (to be completely accurate, @Perthmike also created a ton of them but he can't help himself). And @p5woody did a great job with the inlay design. I appreciate all of their help. For the inlay, I wanted a parchment paper/Da Vinci sketch feel, and after a while came to the conclusion that I was going to need original artwork to accomplish that objective.

Fortunately, my brother in law was a video game artist, so he is used to creating detailed art in a very small area. I worked with him for several weeks on the artwork, and I'm thrilled with what he created!

Now, on to the pr0n! I hope you enjoy!

8KsnrDp.jpg

TwE4byN.jpg

EekJTwX.jpg

RAyWH4x.jpg

The Line Up:
37iOyoL.jpg

$1, electricity (represented by Tesla Coil)

7BaGmDD.jpg

$5, nuclear energy (represented by atomic bomb)

brO2xSX.jpg

$25, Newton's laws of motion (represented by apple tree)

xkxJplw.jpg

$100, Black Hole

yr2NShU.jpg

$500, DNA
Some of you have already asked me about sample sets. I expect I will have a few available once I sort through everything. Stay tuned!

Easily, by every measure, and with no hesitation, my favorite CPC set on PCF. Absolutely gorgeous!

In.

Just when I was feeling uneasy about to excruciating wait time and cpc in general. This set helped push me to the edge. Will be ordering soon myself
What IS the wait time, from when you submit an order with all the artwork?

Mine was roughly nine months, but it’s going to vary based on what mold you want and where you are in the queue. The more flexible you are on the mold, the quicker it will be.
That’s longer than I’ve been chipping. :wtf::eek:

Still, fucking inspired to do a set after seeing these. Congrats, David!

Beautiful chips. I especially love the $5 but every chip in the lineup is great. I think a great set like this shows creativity challenged people like me what CPC can do with a great design. These, Buzzard’s Roost and Vespa Club have raised the bar of chip design in my opinion. Well done David!

Can these chips be ordered directly. Tell CPC I want a set like order #12345?

Can these chips be ordered directly. Tell CPC I want a set like order #12345?
If you are asking if you can order someone else's personal design, say a set of @Hornet 's chips, then no, not without his permission. CPC has a chip design tool where you can custom design your own colors and edge spots, or I suppose you could copy someone's colors, but you would have to provide your own inlay design, or use one of their stock designs.

Love the inlay artwork on these, great set, congrats! I think the dollar is my favorite.

Great set David! I love that mold, I love two different labels on a chip. And I love that theme. Very well done. Sets like these make me dust off my lineups in the CPC design tool and dream again.

I’m surprised there isn’t a “crotch theory optimal” formula though...seems perfect for a rebuy or other fun accessory chip. ;)

Amazing set! I think I'd have to say someone is dropping a nuke every time a stack of 5s went in, no matter how annoying it got.

Lot's of other science possabilities. A radio for another Tesla nod (need more Tesla). The Wright brothers. Seeing these made me realize how creative poker chips can be. A space set with Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and the Saturn V. I like military history so a set based on WWII fighters would be interesting.

Hot damn. This set is the scientific NUTS. What base is that on the $1? That blue is freaking amazing. Congratulations man, what a killer set. If I came up with some customs this nice I would retire all my Paulson's and enjoy these beauties!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom