City of Dawn Cardroom | Cash CPC (1 Viewer)

Rieguy

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
To start off, a big thank you to my friends @JeepologyOffroad and @buffalojim for being awesome to shoot the shit with, share ideas and feedback, and ultimately help in making this set truly come to life since we started last September. There will never be enough appreciation to throw your way. I initially joined PCF to grab a set of China Clays and bounce, but after accidentally coming across @Rhodeman77's The Club House chips, that all changed, as my first PM here was inquiring about his chips and CPC design, finding out how much more there was to explore beyond the surface. It's been a long time since then, but it takes a degree of patience to find what you desire most in a chip set and make that vision come to life. Thanks to @David Spragg for providing the chipping community the avenue for true custom and quality chips. Anyone on the fence about doing your customs with CPC needs to hop over that yesterday. Finally, thank you to @Tommy for creating PCF and what all that entails. Shoutout to @aaron2786 and @JeepologyOffroad for the heavy lifting in designing the topper with me, and to Chippers Anonymous just because.

City of Dawn comes from the ancient name of the Mayan city in Tulum the Maya called, as we know it, "Zama", which means "to dawn". Zama is the only Mayan settlement located on the beaches of the Caribbean, built on a bluff facing the rising sun. I chose this theme as I am a big proponent of family, and growing up going on cruises out of Florida to the Caribbean was the best way for my extended family to gather in one place to visit my grandparents and go on trips. One of my best memories, specifically, was spending quality time with my pops in Tulum at this site, especially for a history-junkie like me. Caribbean chips and a theme to go with them was always my plan going in, and with the architectural aesthetic the Diamond-Square CPC mold provides, it was a perfect match.

Enough of my futile attempt to be brief, I'll let the chips speak for now:
Inlay - Theme Pics - GCBC - First Pics - Topper - Oiling - 1st Game - Game (w/ Topper)

KqKHwH7.jpg

k47yIwU.jpg

5bGBmWw.jpg

TK1R1Qu.jpg

HnXi9Tk.jpg

FcSwvQk.jpg

p8PJ88I.jpg

xq3X8NI.jpg

ceUp2eJ.jpg

mHDUEOx.jpg

uDVEaLd.jpg

dbf4kHC.jpg

DZ3yk8B.jpg

Qd4nVki.jpg

e1z4cLC.jpg

EFk3OtL.jpg

M52QNP0.jpg

P6Q9VlA.jpg

us59oaU.jpg

rAGufPx.jpg

Last edited:
The goal of the inlay was to get El Castillo (second picture), the most widely recognized structure of the site, on it, but it just didn't fit with the vision I had for the final design. Ultimately, we went with The Temple of the Wind God (top picture) combined with the dawn aesthetic.
VAwq5jn.png

XY9KMdj.jpg

Ultimately, a mesh of Jeep's brilliant sunrise/dawn design and my classic-inspired layout for the inlay is what came out:
739lnzg.png

Final mocks, as required:
WzY45EA.png

d0tlP1f.png

Last edited:
WOW !!!!!

Just WOW !!!

This set is absolutely fantastic. I'm out of the sample game (for the most part), but it one is available, I'd love the opportunity.

Every chip is just so well executed. and hell yeah for team #PurpleQuarter

You did an amazing job !
Congrats this city of dawn set is beautiful :love:

The $100 is absolutely breathtaking. I love this whole set. Congratulations! So well done.

This was fun! They came out beautiful man, congrats! Hopefully I get to play with them sometime.
Thanks for letting me work on these. Without question one of my favorites to be a part of to date.
They're coming to @BarrieJ3's for WaB III. Let's run it back!
Looking forward to seeing these in home game pic thread.
Played them a couple times now (oiled the whole set like a madman for the first game the weekend after receiving). Will get some pics up later!
The $100 is absolutely breathtaking.
Thanks, a whole lot of this went into it:
86okt2.jpg

Well done! the contrast of the 25 and 5 is wonderful!

The morning after getting them I had to send John and Jim pics immediately. Rough edges with no cleaning or oil, but fell in love right away:

qSErlgv.jpg

f9mMS2H.jpg

48uFzpZ.jpg

VJJ37aa.jpg

SQhOOOn.jpg

.25/.50:
eWVi8LA.jpg

$1/$2:
JhLJaLP.jpg
Your lavender 500 gives me great hope for my 25... as far as peach being the GOAT Cali color from CPC... I'm sure hoping not lol ;) but those are stellar dude

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom