City of Dawn Cardroom | Cash CPC (3 Viewers)

Your lavender 500 gives me great hope for my 25... as far as peach being the GOAT Cali color from CPC... I'm sure hoping not lol ;) but those are stellar dude
Funny enough, the $500 was a last minute add-on. I was debating between that and a special chip, but after taking the color design off an earlier mock of a Cali $25 and switching to 814, it was a no-brainier, especially after I could feel Jeep doing a back flip with his reaction. The meat of the set was designed without it, but bumping everything up to accommodate $1/$1 and up, while dropping the fracs to make it play better, made it an easier decision.

Peach goes both ways for Traditional and Cali line-ups, arc yellow is strictly the latter IMO :cool. Your set is going to be sick.

Last edited:
IMG_4632.gif

These are AWESOME!!

So well done Sir! Love how the inlay colors subtly match each chip!! You know it’s good when you can’t pick one favorite!! I tried and I just can’t - lol!

Outrageously good, love these, congratulations. Although they made me briefly regret going with 1/4 Pies, so I also have to hate on them a little bit.

Congrats! This set should get people off the fence, maybe myself included. Actually I am over the fence and just have to come up with enough dollars to pull the trigger!!

Great photography skills as well!

Let's gooooooo!
They're coming to @BarrieJ3's for WaB III. Let's run it back!
Let's f**king goooooo!!!!!

But seriously, there's was like a HoF run of customs, then it seemed like we hit a lull for forever.

The original magick of customs for me was seeing how many meaningful experiences and activities had meshed with the hobby to create unique pieces of art, being that I'm not an artistic person myself.

I think these deliver for everyone, those concerned with aesthetics, the CPC fanatics who play with the tool everyday at work, custom sample collectors, etc. Looking forward to scooping pots left and right with these.

The goal of the inlay was to get El Castillo (second picture), the most widely recognized structure of the site, on it, but it just didn't fit with the vision I had for the final design. Ultimately, we went with The Temple of the Wind God (top picture) combined with the dawn aesthetic.
VAwq5jn.png

XY9KMdj.jpg

Ultimately, a mesh of Jeep's brilliant sunrise/dawn design and my classic-inspired layout for the inlay is what came out:
739lnzg.png

Final mocks, as required:
WzY45EA.png

d0tlP1f.png
@Rieguy x @JeepologyOffroad and @buffalojim be like:

wait-we-goated-wait-im-goated.gif

Love the frac! Great set, congrats and best of luck with it.

Congratulations! Fantastic set! Good inlay with some subtle color differences, solid spot progression, smart color choices, and shaped inlay with a hub fiver (chefs kiss).

I normally am not a fan of the 212 spot pattern with different colors because it often looks unbalanced to me. But this just works. Killer chip that pops. Favorite in the lineup for me.

Job well done

They let you win sometimes?
I like these chips so much I'll have to save my derail response for another thread. You'll just have to experience Barrie Level III for yourself and be left wondering how you lost 10,000 BBs to someone playing without looking at their cards.

Can't wait to break these chippies in!

(we technically could get a table together with chip owner, designers, helpers, etc. all at one table!)

I like these chips so much I'll have to save my derail response for another thread. You'll just have to experience Barrie Level III for yourself and be left wondering how you lost 10,000 BBs to someone playing without looking at their cards.

Can't wait to break these chippies in!

(we technically could get a table together with chip owner, designers, helpers, etc. all at one table!)
Dude I so wish I could make it out... when you do part 4, I gotta

Love the frac! Great set, congrats and best of luck with it.
Thanks, your tree fiddy was a strong reassurance they were the right colors after agonizing over the frac for months and settling on it shortly beforehand! Plus I had to get blurple on at least one chip (and the $500 wasn't made yet).
have to save my derail response for another thread
Derailing and shit-posting highly encouraged here.
YYCwTEm.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom