Calypso Cardroom - CPC Custom Cash Set (1 Viewer)

aaron2786

Flush
Reaction score
And nine months later, a chip set was born.

I was going to wait until I could take some much better shots, but I'm impatient - but luckily, I wasn't when it came to the design and order of these babies.

Calypso
PXL_20240206_025614938~2.jpg

Like everyone else here, I must have gone through the designer tool and had "The Set" that I was sure of fifty times.

I can not express enough to those who are looking to make their first fully custom set: Listen to the criticism, the good and the bad. Like a true love, you'll know it when it finally hits.

So, onto the set!

If you're in my car, you're probably listening to something from the 40's, 50's or 60's. That twenty year stretch of history, music, pop culture, film, television, travel - it's enthralling to me. I wanted a set that seemed at home in a contemporary setting, but also wouldn't seem out of place while jet setting to Jamaica or Trinidad, listening to Frank sing "Fly me to the Moon" and sipping down a Cuba Libre.

Before we hit the rest of the pics, a quick shout to @rjdev7 , @deskjob101 , @BarrieJ3 , @JeepologyOffroad , @OneGearManySpeeds , @Rieguy and lots and lots of others who sent encouragement, work and praise I still don't feel I deserve, my way. Everyone here is awesome.

Slap on Harry Belafonte, and let's get to it.

Rack baby, racks baby! (Thanks @deskjob101 for the custom card box and me for the table design lol.)
PXL_20240206_024032538.MP~2.jpg

Stacks baby, stacks baby!
PXL_20240206_022908906~2.jpg

Splash
PXL_20240206_024639520.MP~3.jpg

The 50¢
PXL_20240206_015551641~2.jpg

3D14 - DG Pink Base, Spot colors: Butter Scotch, Light Green

The $1
PXL_20240206_014740519.MP~2.jpg

3DSA316 - Base Color: Light Blue, Spot Colors: DG Tiger, Retro Blue

The $5
PXL_20240206_015216770~2.jpg

3A916 - Base Color: Arc Yellow, Spot Colors: DG Pink, Light Green, Chocolate

The $25
PXL_20240206_015927828~3.jpg

6A14 - Base Color: Lavender, Spot Colors: DG Peach, Bright White

The $100
PXL_20240206_020543695.MP~2.jpg

8Q14 - Base Color: Bright White, Spot Colors: DG Pink, Light Green, Butterscotch

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to leave comments or reactions, feedback, kind words and a dope atmosphere along the way here.

Yes there will be sample sets handed out. No, you can not buy them. No I do not have a preferred way of choosing who gets them. The first set is already in the hands of the one and only @deskjob101 - my brother from the same mother. (Like he's my brother brother, y'all. Best friend too.)

For all the awesome he has brought people here, and for being the coolest to me, the second goes to @rjdev7 - if he would like.

For the tower of Babel, and for being the most generous dude, the next set is for @BarrieJ3 - still can't believe he put the design power in my hands for the last meetup.

Outside of that, anyone who shows interest is a possible for a set. I'll probably wait a few days and then see what's what, see how many chippies I'm willing to part with (besides the extras) and post who's got one coming. We can exchange info in PMs and I'll get them your way.

Guys, thanks again for looking.

Aaron

Have admired your graphic designs and now your awesome CPC customs! We don’t know each other but would love to be in a drawing for a sample set

Clean and classy inlay really makes these shine. That $5 fucks even more in stacks. Well done. Throw me in the sample hat please.

And nine months later, a chip set was born.

I was going to wait until I could take some much better shots, but I'm impatient - but luckily, I wasn't when it came to the design and order of these babies.

Calypso
View attachment 1268035

Like everyone else here, I must have gone through the designer tool and had "The Set" that I was sure of fifty times.

I can not express enough to those who are looking to make their first fully custom set: Listen to the criticism, the good and the bad. Like a true love, you'll know it when it finally hits.

So, onto the set!

If you're in my car, you're probably listening to something from the 40's, 50's or 60's. That twenty year stretch of history, music, pop culture, film, television, travel - it's enthralling to me. I wanted a set that seemed at home in a contemporary setting, but also wouldn't seem out of place while jet setting to Jamaica or Trinidad, listening to Frank sing "Fly me to the Moon" and sipping down a Cuba Libre.

Before we hit the rest of the pics, a quick shout to @rjdev7 , @deskjob101 , @BarrieJ3 , @JeepologyOffroad , @OneGearManySpeeds , @Rieguy and lots and lots of others who sent encouragement, work and praise I still don't feel I deserve, my way. Everyone here is awesome.

Slap on Harry Belafonte, and let's get to it.

Rack baby, racks baby! (Thanks @deskjob101 for the custom card box and me for the table design lol.)
View attachment 1268040

Stacks baby, stacks baby!
View attachment 1268041

Splash
View attachment 1268037

The 50¢
View attachment 1268043

3D14 - DG Pink Base, Spot colors: Butter Scotch, Light Green

The $1
View attachment 1268039

3DSA316 - Base Color: Light Blue, Spot Colors: DG Tiger, Retro Blue

The $5
View attachment 1268038

3A916 - Base Color: Arc Yellow, Spot Colors: DG Pink, Light Green, Chocolate

The $25
View attachment 1268042

6A14 - Base Color: Lavender, Spot Colors: DG Peach, Bright White

The $100
View attachment 1268044

8Q14 - Base Color: Bright White, Spot Colors: DG Pink, Light Green, Butterscotch

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to leave comments or reactions, feedback, kind words and a dope atmosphere along the way here.

Yes there will be sample sets handed out. No, you can not buy them. No I do not have a preferred way of choosing who gets them. The first set is already in the hands of the one and only @deskjob101 - my brother from the same mother. (Like he's my brother brother, y'all. Best friend too.)

For all the awesome he has brought people here, and for being the coolest to me, the second goes to @rjdev7 - if he would like.

For the tower of Babel, and for being the most generous dude, the next set is for @BarrieJ3 - still can't believe he put the design power in my hands for the last meetup.

Outside of that, anyone who shows interest is a possible for a set. I'll probably wait a few days and then see what's what, see how many chippies I'm willing to part with (besides the extras) and post who's got one coming. We can exchange info in PMs and I'll get them your way.

Guys, thanks again for looking.

Aaron
This set is so incredible. I love them all! Awesome job man. Congrats!

Oh man, what a phenomenal set! Love how all the colors go together. In for a sample set as well!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm absolutely interested in a sample set.

I recently placed an order for a new HHR set that is only 600, to fit in a 600 chip bird cage, single table. For that reason I opted for only 3 barrels of .50'ers. I'm curious now that you have the order in, do you feel like you're satisfied not having a full rack of fracs?

So nice :love: ! Congrats !
Happy to see the final result of your Calypso project :)

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm absolutely interested in a sample set.

I recently placed an order for a new HHR set that is only 600, to fit in a 600 chip bird cage, single table. For that reason I opted for only 3 barrels of .50'ers. I'm curious now that you have the order in, do you feel like you're satisfied not having a full rack of fracs?
The frac was planned back when we used fracs lol, now they're more of a ceremonial chip that completes the set. But I do think if you're playing 50/1 - no one really needs more than 2 or 3 bucks in 50c chips, so it should be fine, make change!

Excellent work, you killed it! Fire colors and color-combos while keeping it looking classy and consistent, with an inlay that ties it all together. I'm sure most people expected as much after seeing your ample amount of work across the site, but it absolutely delivers.

Also, not that it matters, but with your insert-level choices this was likely a very affordable set and crushes the fire-to-cost ratio that most sets are on the wrong side of. I'll state interest in a sample or a single but nbd either way, thanks.

Excellent work, you killed it! Fire colors and color-combos while keeping it looking classy and consistent, with an inlay that ties it all together. I'm sure most people expected as much after seeing your ample amount of work across the site, but it absolutely delivers.

Also, not that it matters, but with your insert-level choices this was likely a very affordable set and crushes the fire-to-cost ratio that most sets are on the high side of. I'll state interest in a sample or a single but nbd either way, thanks.
You know I originally had it planned with shaped inlays, but they just seemed out of place - not sure why. Now, a Vegas color "Modern" follow up? They be gettin shapes.

The light blue $1 looks unweighted to me and much brighter than my Canoe Club T100 with very similar colors. Just good lighting or did I miss something?

Either way, love how these came out!
No, mine is for sure a shade deeper, edges oiled, but the faces aren't, I was actually hoping for just a shade lighter, but I still love how they came out. I've noticed, comparing the Almond mold samples last night, vs my CSQ, vs some DSQ I have around in some of my colors - they make a difference on appearance - and I'm sure the clay varies a bit from production to production

PXL_20240206_145216624.jpg
PXL_20240206_145202356.jpg

No, mine is for sure a shade deeper, edges oiled, but the faces aren't, I was actually hoping for just a shade lighter, but I still love how they came out. I've noticed, comparing the Almond mold samples last night, vs my CSQ, vs some DSQ I have around in some of my colors - they make a difference on appearance - and I'm sure the clay varies a bit from production to production

View attachment 1268207View attachment 1268208
I need to have a chat with @David Spragg . That's difference enough to have my T100's remade. These POP.

I keep seeing all these great sets and need to just pull the trigger and design my own. :wow: Love the colors and the label just works so well. Would love a sample if there are any left. Cheers!

View attachment 1268207View attachment 1268208
I don't even see brass flakes either now that I look at yours again..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom