Post Your Mockup and I Will Brutally Eviscerate It (With Words) (1 Viewer)

OK, I promised to post and today John sent me the latest draft on the artwork. Just because we are poker friends, don't you dare take it easy on me @MrCatPants

View attachment 1091219
I know not every chip has yellow, but almost every chip has "yellow". I'm really glad you like yellow, but lay off the "yellow". "But it's arc yellow, canary, yellow, and dayglo peach, @mrcatpants!" Yeah, it's all "yellow".

The problem with quarter pies is they aren't actually a color. They are two colors. Is it a pink chip with a blue spot, or a blue chip with a pink spot. Either way, it sucks. No quarter pie chip has ever been good, ever.

I don't know that the right choice for a $1 is the tri-moon spot pattern. It's more a good choice for that set you leave in the set designer and never have made, and occasionally you pull it back up and say to yourself, "and this was my tri-moon phase. What was I thinking?"

I don't think that $500 chip spot pattern was ever supposed to be used. More of what technically should be possible but should never be done.

Is that all you've got? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I know not every chip has yellow, but almost every chip has "yellow". I'm really glad you like yellow, but lay off the "yellow". "But it's arc yellow, canary, yellow, and dayglo peach, @mrcatpants!" Yeah, it's all "yellow".
nobody calls me yellow.gif

The problem with quarter pies is they aren't actually a color. They are two colors. Is it a pink chip with a blue spot, or a blue chip with a pink spot.
Yep!
I don't know that the right choice for a $1 is the tri-moon spot pattern. It's more a good choice for that set you leave in the set designer and never have made, and occasionally you pull it back up and say to yourself, "and this was my tri-moon phase. What was I thinking?"
Tri-moons rock. I should do a full set of tri-moons, but @JeepologyOffroad already beat me to it. Best custom set in the history of CPC chips!
I don't think that $500 chip spot pattern was ever supposed to be used. More of what technically should be possible but should never be done.
Challenge accepted!

I’m going to help out Captain Cat Nap and pretend these chips were people and review themselves that way…

That green chip is suffering from a mid-life crisis and doesn’t know who they are anymore. Picture Michael Douglas from Falling Doen.

The solid fracs have massive inferiority complexes. The $1 and $5 feel like they’re where they should be in life, but can’t shake the nagging feeling that they’ve underperformed historically on their potential.

The $20 is the confident self-starter that often wonders how they ended up here and why they haven’t left for another set.

The purple chip should be on several government watch lists.

True story from 3 minutes ago - me scrolling, first line - ooh, pretty nice, pretty nice. Good color combos, nice progression. Simple and clear, and although I've seen the inlay before I still think it's pretty sharp. Man, what could I possibly say about this one...

I keep scrolling. Did you ingest cocaine before designing your last few chips? The $20 looks like it was inspired by the Miami dolphins - i.e. bad. The $100 is another one of those spot patterns that should never be used. Yes, orangey yellow can be a good match for green, but real retro green is super dark and green on green like this is just sad.

Hopefully you just play microstakes, and the biggest chips that see the felt are $5s. Then, it's a pretty sweet set and your friends will never know the horrors that await in your chip closet.

Here you go

cdcc77b7-b606-4ee1-a0c1-4da84c5e3d4f-jpeg.1100773
First off, didn't you already make this set like 19 different times? Apologies for overstating if it was only like 15 times. If you'd prefer to keep making custom chips that you sell at a loss 9 months later, you could just send me a few hundred bucks once a year and save the whole cycle.

Now, onto the chips.

The quarter pie is in the dislike stratosphere for me. just below the tri moon. A chip without a clear base color is no chip at all, and it becomes the loudest chip at the table, and for a frac!

The $1 is that kid who grew to like 6'1" in 5th grade and just got used to hiding in the background and being quiet. Most milquetoast chip of the year award. And please spring for bright white - Alaska has pure snow, this looks like the tire-track riddled slush in, say, Baltimore.

The $5 is fine.

The $25 looks like you told the $1 to wear more colorful clothes and this was the best it could do.

The $100 looks like a rave in comparison with the rest of the set.

First off, didn't you already make this set like 19 different times? Apologies for overstating if it was only like 15 times. If you'd prefer to keep making custom chips that you sell at a loss 9 months later, you could just send me a few hundred bucks once a year and save the whole cycle.

Now, onto the chips.

The quarter pie is in the dislike stratosphere for me. just below the tri moon. A chip without a clear base color is no chip at all, and it becomes the loudest chip at the table, and for a frac!

The $1 is that kid who grew to like 6'1" in 5th grade and just got used to hiding in the background and being quiet. Most milquetoast chip of the year award. And please spring for bright white - Alaska has pure snow, this looks like the tire-track riddled slush in, say, Baltimore.

The $5 is fine.

The $25 looks like you told the $1 to wear more colorful clothes and this was the best it could do.

The $100 looks like a rave in comparison with the rest of the set.
Hey now. Let’s not bring Baltimore into this

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a set from BrPro with this design:
View attachment 1103062

With some 43mm challenge coins too:
View attachment 1103063
Wow. You really like horses.

Also, you like different fonts for your 5 denomination?

You also like the 500 denomination only on one side of the chip?

You really like that one picture of that one horse. You use it on every chip.

Yet clearly don't like the horse on the back of the 25. That sonofabitch looks lonely as hell.

Real talk - the details on photos don't transition well to chips. Too much detail that gets lost on print quality.

Also, you really like horses.

Yet clearly don't like the horse on the back of the 25. That sonofabitch looks lonely as hell.

Real talk - the details on photos don't transition well to chips. Too much detail that gets lost on print quality.

Wow missed that on the 500, I will fix that.

Yes, I like horses. It is all my horse for the last 15 years, so it is kind of a tribute set. I used a filter on the photos to make them a little more like a drawing.

Better?
1679436551582.png

For me the denominations look like an afterthought - are you working with a designer? Given that you're going to spending quite a bit on these chips, I think you should get some help on the design - it's potentially very close but I think it could do with some polish. For example, I would not put the suits between every word - it will look much cleaner with them just between the "Bay Pony Cantina" and "Warner Springs CA".

For me the denominations look like an afterthought - are you working with a designer? Given that you're going to spending quite a bit on these chips, I think you should get some help on the design - it's potentially very close but I think it could do with some polish. For example, I would not put the suits between every word - it will look much cleaner with them just between the "Bay Pony Cantina" and "Warner Springs CA".
Go start a freaking "nice friendly feedback thread" if you want to pull this sh%t.

The profile of the horse’s head looks like he’s just gotten punched in the face. Or snout. Or beak. Whatever you weird calvary-fetishers call it.

Why did you hide your 14 point Helvetica denominations behind the horse on some of the inlays? Be proud of your ability to use the most generic fonts since Gutenberg stepped to his press.

While we’re at it, what sort of latent psychopath uses 1-500 demons without a currency symbol? Are these tourney chips or cash chips? They can’t be both. Tommy will excommunicado you so fast you won’t have time to say “Elmer’s”.

The denom fonts either pop or blend it depending on the chip. Did you think there was a martial law prohibiting primary color denominations? Does your designer live in Soviet Russia? Do you need to ask for aslyum?

You will be berated for putting your pet’s head in a chip without a body. It’s a really big deal around here. Trust me. It’s like Putin on the chip gif but at the same time he’s banging your grandma - that’s how bad it is.

Looking at your chips is like listening to someone drunk incoherently recite an audio book of bad Louis L’Amour novels.

I’m just kidding. There are no bad Louis L’Amour novels. I’ll fight anyone over this, no jail can hold me.

Seriously is it a fucking nose or snout or what the fuck? I’m obsessing over this for no good reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom