My custom solids set - A journey 20 years in the making. AND A GIVEAWAY!! (2 Viewers)

Day 11
A little more on movies, (albeit with less of me in them!). I grew up loving many of the same movies my peers did in elementary and middle school, but in high school, I really had my horizons expanded. It all started with Pulp Fiction, and frankly could have stopped there as well. It’s a near perfect movie that I use to judge all movies that I’ve watched since. One that definitely holds up to that high bar is The Usual Suspects. The characters are absolutely iconic and the performances across the board are almost all top notch. It continues to be one of my favorites, even on repeat viewings, and there isn’t really a day when i doesn’t cross my mind at least once.

As for the chips, I don’t really have much in the way of photos to share, but rather just a few words of encouragement. I have loved getting the random update on a new guess as to the chips theme. It’s been a lot of fun seeing people work through the clues and throw something out there. So, if you’re been playing along, take another chance at a guess. If you’ve been observing from afar until now, I formally invite you to add your name to the guess list (another bad dad pun, I really can’t help myself). Anyhow, I’d love to see people giving this a go. Until next time!

Day 12
I really don’t want to railroad anybody, but I’ve been dropping hints since post #1. I’m hoping someone picks up the trail.

Last edited:
Hello, I've reviewed the different clues and will make a new proposal : Calico Social Club
I've other ideas in mind but I tihnk it's one per day. :)

Hello, I've reviewed the different clues and will make a new proposal : Calico Social Club
I've other ideas in mind but I tihnk it's one per day. :)
The labels for this could be really cool! It could also be neat to use some irregular spot patterns on a themed set like this.

Subway map colour system or rail network boom
I do love maps, but I’ve never been lucky enough to live in a city with good public transportation like that. All we had in Racine was The BUS
4E1B05E2-78A5-485C-B69C-62770863C91B.jpeg

That’s the Belle Urban System for you big city folks

Mark Twain inspired since it appears you like to write.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Well, you got me there. Guilty as charged. Twain was probably much more efficient with his words. I do like his style though. Really sharp witted. I should probably read more of his stuff.

Last edited:
Might have been mentioned but are all the chip colours pills since you work in a pharmacy? Some sort of pharmacological themed set?
It has already been mentioned, but it's a great idea! I've been paying much closer attention at work to which capsule and pill designs I like the best, and how they might look as a poker chip. There may be a custom CPC order in my future.

The only thing I keep picking up on is Wisconsin. It's mentioned in most of your hint posts, and/or areas you've lived in or around in the State of Wisconsin.
The frequency is definitely there. Except for the 2 years I lived in Minneapolis, I've only lived in southeast Wisconsin. Most of my major life moments have come from here. That said, You can travel the world and never leave the border. You can visit Berlin, New Lisbon, New London, Atlanta, Belgium, Luxemburg, Brooklyn, Brussels, Cleveland, El Paso, and Holland just to name a few. Who needs a passport? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Day 13
Being born and raised in Wisconsin, I have a certain reputation to uphold when it comes to drinking. I’m always on the lookout for something new. Mostly. Although I’m sure I’ll catch some heat for not liking IPAs. I had my imbibing world rocked quite a bit a few years ago at The Crazy Fox in St. Charles, Illinois.
DSC_3386.jpeg

I had my first sour ale there, and I was an immediate convert. Not that I’ll turn my nose up at a Spotted Cow (c’mon now!), but if I’m looking for something new to try at the store, I’m making a beeline to the sours. And a sour smoothie? Better make it two!!

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking a little more holistically about the possible theme. White light that splits into a prism of colours, and how they transition to each other in a continuum, rather than discretely. Echos of different experiences and discoveries that transition to new perspectives. Different colours working together to become a harmonious whole.

damn, my guess was already made earlier.

Last edited:
Monopoly madness? Order of colors match the monopoly board...
View attachment 928879

View attachment 928880

Edit: it was the, "I don't want to railroad anyone" comment, along with all the places that finally made it click for me.

I agree with you plus several mentions of the Monopoly properties like St Charles, Carolina, Vermont.

and railroads. and:

THC were the most available in the colors I wanted, and they also add a little extra fitting detail.

1654950223806.png

i think you nailed it.

Monopoly madness? Order of colors match the monopoly board...
View attachment 928879

View attachment 928880

Edit: it was the, "I don't want to railroad anyone" comment, along with all the places that finally made it click for me.
Think you got it as well. Sad person that I am I was lying in bed last night thinking about this and thought, monopoly and then totally forgot this morning when I got up lol

We have a winner!!! Huge congratulations to @BlueChipSpecial who hit one out of the park, putting all the pieces together and making sense of my veiled, vague, or just plain awful clues to determine these sets are all Monopoly themed!

I’m looking forward to shifting this thread over to include all the fun that comes along with building a custom set. I’m already in the @Gear queue, but my labels are still all in my head, so it’s time to get cracking! Lots of updates coming soon, so if this has gotten you hooked on my little pet project, stay tuned!

Thank you so much to everyone who’s been reading, commenting, liking, and playing along. I know I’ve been having fun, and I hope you have too!!
CC660841-392E-4DC4-827C-1A609C9A3C3B.gif

Last edited:
I went back and read some earlier clues and day 2 had the clue Tennessee (Tennessee Ave). Can't believe I missed all these clues, Monopoly was my favorite game growing up in the 70's/80's.

Think you got it as well. Sad person that I am I was lying in bed last night thinking about this and thought, monopoly and then totally forgot this morning when I got up lol

We have a winner!!! Huge congratulations to @BlueChipSpecial who hit one out of the park, putting all the pieces together and making sense of my veiled, vague, or just plain awful clues to determine these sets are all Monopoly themed!

I’m looking forward to shifting this thread over to include all the fun that comes along with building a custom set. I’m already in the @Gear queue, but my labels are still all in my head, so it’s time to get cracking! Lots of updates coming soon, so if this has gotten you hooked on my little pet project, stay tuned!

Thank you so much to everyone who’s been reading, commenting, liking, and playing along. I know I’ve been having fun, and I hope you have too!!
View attachment 928943
Us Apothecaries gotta stick together :). I have been super busy at work the last few weeks, and so was playing catch up on this thread this morning. Great fun following your hints and your journey. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out as you get your designs finalized, labels made, etc.

Work has been crazy, but it's finally Friday! And before I go back to work all weekend, here are the "research" photos I took as I confirmed the color palette for these sets. A couple of the colors I pretty much knew where I was going from the start. Fuchsia, for example, really doesn't have another option for color matching. Orange was pretty much the same boat unless I wanted to sell a couple kidneys for some BLAZE, which I'll admit, might have been worth it.

For many of the other colors, I wanted to keep my options broad where possible incase I had a hard time getting enough of the perfect color. As my first solid build, I was really a noob when it came to what I was looking for or what to expect. I feel like it paid off as my secondary options are actually turning out to be better than some of my first thoughts (Munzell green anyone???)

The one that wound up being the biggest surprise was the Arc yellow. I know there was a premium on it, but I didn't realize just how much love was out there for this glowing beauty! Thankfully as the biggest denom in the set, I won't need too many.

IMG_1650.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1659.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1657.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG
IMG_1654.JPG

So in the end, cash set sits as follows:

$1 = White
$5 = Pink
$10 = Daisy
$20 = Mint green
$50 = Dolphin blue
$100 = Butterscotch (or at least what I'm calling butterscotch. It's a little gold leaning)
$500 = Arc yellow

And the tournament sets wound up as:

T25 = Purple
T100 = Day blue
T500 = Fuchsia
T1k = Orange
T5k = Red (I think. I haven't checked against the sample set. If I hate it after the chips come back milled and clean, I may still go Royal or Cherry
T25k = Canary yellow (Fully committed now thanks to several amazing sources who can name themselves if they'd like)
T100k = Munzell green
T250/500k = Light blue

And for the third post in as many minutes, I went through the initial thread and highlighted all the hints I dropped through the posts I made. I saw some of you mentioning a few of them, but I thought it might be fun to go back and see behind the curtain a little bit.

And for the third post in as many minutes, I went through the initial thread and highlighted all the hints I dropped through the posts I made. I saw some of you mentioning a few of them, but I thought it might be fun to go back and see behind the curtain a little bit.
Lots of clues when you look back for sure. Wish I’d solved the puzzle. Love monopoly. Had a 60th anniversary set and played it a lot. Also played a lot before that set. lol. Can’t wait to see the finished sets. Going to be awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom