My custom solids set - A journey 20 years in the making. AND A GIVEAWAY!! (1 Viewer)

chips designed as something sweet, either doughnuts or candy. with all the colors, they look like little pieces of sweet goodness.

The Concession Club
Involves baseball (concession stands) and food

I also thought of
The Ball Park Lounge: Eatery and Gambling Hall (could also use Betting Hall, as game day bets are more appropriate)

chips designed as something sweet, either doughnuts or candy. with all the colors, they look like little pieces of sweet goodness.
The Chippy Man! The Chippy Man can!! (No Golden ticket on this one though) I probably did look like a kid in a candy store every time I opened the classifieds though
anigif_sub-buzz-23796-1496937919-1.gif

The Concession Club
Involves baseball (concession stands) and food

I also thought of
The Ball Park Lounge: Eatery and Gambling Hall (could also use Betting Hall, as game day bets are more appropriate)
This is possibly close to how the room will look when it's all said and done. One of the goals is to get a commercial grade slushie machine for adult cocktails. If that doesn't say concession stand, I don't know what does. (Can you say Boone's Farm slushie?) The theme needs a little more mustard though. No food relation.
3ri8mk.gif

multi colors + Kenosha = The Jockey Club :D
Someone's been researching the local flavor??? I love the effort! And apparently, so did the Bucks. On the plus side, if this were the theme I could just swipe the logo. Save myself a few steps! On the other hand, I'm not sure I could afford to make the basement be this swanky.
fiserv-forum-jockey-club-1-v2-5977.jpeg

More thinking of the Old Trafford (Stadium of Manchester United) which is called the theater of Dreams
What a great nickname for a stadium!!! I never really got into soccer (How very typically American of me, I know), but my wife played for a long time, so she's given me a little more appreciation for the sport.

Was thinking possibly a flag but since it's two sets using different colours then final fling at sausage dogs wearing baseball caps representing different teams whilst standing in the ocean eating doughnuts. Boom...

Was thinking possibly a flag but since it's two sets using different colours then final fling at sausage dogs wearing baseball caps representing different teams whilst standing in the ocean eating doughnuts. Boom...
What’s a poker room without a mascot!?!? And a hell of a mascot that would be!!

Side note: Now I’m wondering if my yet to be reality poker room needs a flag. I knew it would always need a sign, but a flag could be a lot of fun. Put it up outside on game days…… Lots of potential there!

What’s a poker room without a mascot!?!? And a hell of a mascot that would be!!

Side note: Now I’m wondering if my yet to be reality poker room needs a flag. I knew it would always need a sign, but a flag could be a lot of fun. Put it up outside on game days…… Lots of potential there!
A flag would be cool, you could get @Colquhoun to do the final design in chips Thread 'I Can Create Photo Mosaics with Poker Chips!' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/i-can-create-photo-mosaics-with-poker-chips.59182/

Your Butterscotch chips might actually bring Gold. It was a fairly common colour for solids sold to the public.
It’s possible, but the samples I have put it somewhere in between. Pics aren’t great, but they’re the best I could do. It’s definitely richer or warmer than gold, but it’s less orange than butterscotch.

8463EA75-0C9D-4748-9C8D-7839C62EBD0E.jpeg
9EE84B16-4587-4CE4-B7C6-82E6F9062D8B.jpeg

All told, I’d probably jump on true butterscotch given the chance, even after these hit the felt.

It’s possible, but the samples I have put it somewhere in between. Pics aren’t great, but they’re the best I could do. It’s definitely richer or warmer than gold, but it’s less orange than butterscotch.

View attachment 919228View attachment 919227

All told, I’d probably jump on true butterscotch given the chance, even after these hit the felt.
Bronze?
paulson color1.png

View attachment 919228View attachment 919227

It's possible you might have C&J chips, which won't match up to Paulson colours.

Day 7
I’ve always loved animals, dogs especially. But it wasn’t an English bulldog that stole my heart (and still might. A guy can hope!) it was a calico cat. I had a friend who was moving to North Carolina to go to law school, and he didn’t think it would be fair to his cat to take her down with him since he’d be at school all the time. So I took her in, and it changed my world view about cats. She was a bundle of sweetness who loved being the center of attention, chirped all the time, and loved being cradled like a baby. Even though she crossed the rainbow bridge 2 years ago, I think about her all the time. We’ve got two other cats still who are pretty cool, but neither of them hold a candle to Shenanigans.

IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_4690.JPG

I’d hate to be considered a tease, and it has been a while since I’ve put a picture of the chips up. Who couldn’t use a little pr0n??? Here are all the denominated chips from the tourney set

IMG_2649 2.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG

Day 8
I’m a creature of habit, to the nth degree. So much so that I miss out on things sometimes. I lived 50 steps from Yee’s Oriental Inn for 3 years and didn’t eat there until the last week before I moved out. It’s now one of my favorite Chinese food joints. Not to mention, Bonus points because they still have the old school neon sign out front. I’ve been trying to live more in the moment to take advantage of my surroundings.
Yees.jpeg

yees 2.jpeg

I tried to do the same thing with these sets. There are a lot of chip manufacturers out there with a multitude of molds. But in the end Paulson THC were the most available in the colors I wanted, and they also add a little extra fitting detail.

i only read the last clue lol, but it strikes me as a chinese zodiac "year of the" type set
There are some cool versions of that theme out there for sure. I don’t think I’ve got it in me to try and create a better one.

I love the guess though! If this post has piqued your interest, I highly recommend starting from the original post and work forward. I’m a big picture kinda guy.

Day 9
Working as a props designer for years, I had a chance to hone a lot of skills. One of the props needed for many shows are cakes. Decorating a fake cake is a lot like decorating a real cake, but instead of frosting, you use joint compound and glue. Ten years of making fake cakes raised the bar for the real deal. So when we did a rainbow themed birthday for my daughter last year, I knew exactly what I had to do: Rainbow Cake!!!
IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7247.jpg

I wish I could take credit for this, but not even 10 years of practice gave me these kinds of skills. Hopscotch Cakery out of Burlington (Wisconsin, not Vermont. Sorry you New Englanders) came through with flying colors (Dad joke 100% intentional). If you're from SE Wisco or NE Illinois, hit them up! And if you didn’t notice, bold colors aren’t only my favorite for poker chips!

Here’s some more pr0n of the tourney set, again with the rough chip totals featured.
IMG_2661 2.JPG
IMG_2665 2.JPG
IMG_2668 2.JPG

Day 10
One of the cooler things my theatre background has led to was an extra role in the Bernie Mac cinematic classic Mr. 3000. For those of you somehow unfamiliar with this masterpiece, a baseball player returner to the majors after 3 of his 3000 career hits are taken away due to a clerical error, leading to his tumble from the Hall of Fame voting. I am front and center in the scene for his press conference announcing Bernie Mac’s return to baseball. Angela Bassett plays a reporter and old flame in from ESPN to cover his return. Mac ultimately stays ice cold and interest is lost, leading Bassett to return to headquarters in Connecticut. I don’t want to spoil it for those of you who are rushing out right now to put this on your playlists, but I will leave this here for your viewing pleasure. You can see me here at the 1:07 mark.

Not to brag (I’m totally bragging) but the director even mentions my “performance” positively in the Director’s commentary.

I haven’ given you a peek at the cash set in a while, so I think it’s high time to show it off again!
IMG_2625 2.JPG
IMG_2626 2.JPG
IMG_2628 2.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom