In This Together (4 Viewers)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Breaking News: The chipping world was recently introduced to its very own magic show primed to compete with the likes of those seen in Las Vegas, NV. This show has been titled, “David Poppinfield - Chips Go Poof.”

Ok ok, no such show. Serious talk now. As many of you probably already know, PCF recently suffered a rough patch. Without going into extensive details, this rough patch involved a former member receiving payments for several chips that in turn never showed up at people's doors. If you're currently unaware of this issue and would like to catch up via some quick reading, refer to this thread.

As of right now, there are a few members who were affected that I’m waiting to hear back from. Once I have information from them, I’ll be able to add those amounts to the total. The unanswered question now is, “what is the total?”For the sake of full transparency in the matter and for us to have a clearly outlined objective, I am obligated to share the current total that I have. Please keep in mind that this does not include several chips which will come to me in a consolidated package and distributed accordingly. Some of those have already been paid for, while others are from our new magician’s personal collection. That portion will be sold, and proceeds will go to benefit those affected.

The current total on my end is USD 20,436. I know that some may balk at the idea of being able to raise the full amount, but the philanthropic side of me says otherwise given the strong sense of community we all share as a part of our beloved hobby. I'm hoping that we're able to raise the funds in the following ways:

1) Auctions
2) Sales
3) Monetary donations

It goes without saying that chips, accessories, and non-chip-related items can be used. Some vendors have even reached out with offers to sell a product or service and donate from those sales.

A couple of points regarding the auctions, sales, and donations:
1. Auctions and sales should include the words “In This Together” in the title to make it easier for people to identify the listings dedicated to this cause.
2. Items will be sent directly from the seller to the buyer. I will not be handling any logistics on my end unless the items being sold are already in my possession. The only exception to this is if an international member ends up selling multiple items all going to US addresses. I would be willing to reship items to their respective buyers.
If the auction or sale is for a service, funds collected from the sale will go to the same dedicated account.
3. Please, please, include your username in the notes when sending payment to the account. I'd like to have it for my records and making sure I know where it's coming from. I don't know everyone by name and would be a huge help.

Collection of Funds:

As of right now, I have dedicated a separate PayPal account on my end to act as the collection point. If anyone is not comfortable with that and prefers for another party/member to act as the collection point, please let me know. We want everyone to be comfortable with the idea of paying into an account knowing full well that the money will go where it needs to. Either way, a fundraising thermometer will show up in this thread that will be updated as we go along. The thermometer will display the goal and how much has been raised then.

*Please include your username in the notes section when sending payments. I'll need to keep a record of all the transactions.

Account Email: gibrahim@operationrefugeechild.org

Distribution of Funds:

If we reach our goal, the funds will be distributed according to the exact amounts on file for each person that was affected. In the case that the goal isn’t reached, my suggestion would be to distribute the amount raised in percentages. Each person would be entitled to an amount based on the percentage of their losses accounted for from the original amount. I think this is the best approach for the sake of fairness to all. Please feel free to make any suggestions or provide other ideas that may work better than this one.

Example:

Scenario 1. The goal of $20,436 is met. Mission accomplished, and payouts will be made for the exact amount that each person lost.

Scenario 2. The goal is not met, a total of $11,000 was raised. If member X’s loss was for a total of $2,000 from the original amount, that amount accounts for right around 10% of the original amount of $20,436. Since the goal wasn’t met, member X will now receive a payment of approximately $1,100 since that is 10% of the total amount raised.

I'll end the post on this note. I realize this has left PCF somewhat shook up, but I have the utmost faith in the community that we can right the ship. Hopefully, this will all be looked at in the rearview mirror, and the sooner that happens the better for everyone. Any feedback, input, tips, and constructive criticism are welcomed. Thank you in advance to all those who will be taking part in this effort.

Funds raised as of September 28, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.28.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.27.02 PM.png

Last edited:
@horseshoez - Original thread link missing in OP where people can read about what happened. Nearly 20k ... I didn't think it was that high... Just awful. Thanks for putting this together!

Thank you for pointing that out. Got lost when I moved back and forth between MS Word and here. Fixed.

Breaking News: The chipping world was recently introduced to its very own magic show primed to compete with the likes of those seen in Las Vegas, NV. This show has been titled, “David Poppinfield - Chips Go Poof.”

Ok ok, no such show. Serious talk now. As many of you probably already know, PCF recently suffered a rough patch. Without going into extensive details, this rough patch involved a former member receiving payments for several chips that in turn never showed up at people's doors. If you're currently unaware of this issue and would like to catch up via some quick reading, refer to this thread.

As of right now, there are a few members who were affected that I’m waiting to hear back from. Once I have information from them, I’ll be able to add those amounts to the total. The unanswered question now is, “what is the total?”For the sake of full transparency in the matter and for us to have a clearly outlined objective, I am obligated to share the current total that I have. Please keep in mind that this does not include several chips which will come to me in a consolidated package and distributed accordingly. Some of those have already been paid for, while others are from our new magician’s personal collection. That portion will be sold, and proceeds will go to benefit those affected.

The current total on my end is USD 19,145. I know that some may balk at the idea of being able to raise the full amount, but the philanthropic side of me says otherwise given the strong sense of community we all share as a part of our beloved hobby. I'm hoping that we're able to raise the funds in the following ways:

1) Auctions
2) Sales
3) Monetary donations

It goes without saying that chips, accessories, and non-chip-related items can be used. Some vendors have even reached out with offers to sell a product or service and donate from those sales.

A couple of points regarding the auctions, sales, and donations:
1. Auctions and sales should include the words “In This Together” in the title to make it easier for people to identify the listings dedicated to this cause.
2. Items will be sent directly from the seller to the buyer. I will not be handling any logistics on my end unless the items being sold are already in my possession. The only exception to this is if an international member ends up selling multiple items all going to US addresses. I would be willing to reship items to their respective buyers.
If the auction or sale is for a service, funds collected from the sale will go to the same dedicated account.

Collection of Funds:

As of right now, I have dedicated a separate PayPal account on my end to act as the collection point. If anyone is not comfortable with that and prefers for another party/member to act as the collection point, please let me know. We want everyone to be comfortable with the idea of paying into an account knowing full well that the money will go where it needs to. Either way, a fundraising thermometer will show up in this thread that will be updated as we go along. The thermometer will display the goal and how much has been raised then.

Distribution of Funds:

If we reach our goal, the funds will be distributed according to the exact amounts on file for each person that was affected. In the case that the goal isn’t reached, my suggestion would be to distribute the amount raised in percentages. Each person would be entitled to an amount based on the percentage of their losses accounted for from the original amount. I think this is the best approach for the sake of fairness to all. Please feel free to make any suggestions or provide other ideas that may work better than this one.

Example:

Scenario 1. The goal of $19,145 is met. Mission accomplished, and payouts will be made for the exact amount that each person lost.

Scenario 2. The goal is not met, a total of $11,000 was raised. If member X’s loss was for a total of $2,000 from the original amount, that amount accounts for right around 10.5% of the original amount of $19,145. Since the goal wasn’t met, member X will now receive a payment of approximately $1,150 since that is 10.5% of the total amount raised.

I'll end the post on this note. I realize this has left PCF somewhat shook up, but I have the utmost faith in the community that we can right the ship. Hopefully, this will all be looked at in the rearview mirror, and the sooner that happens the better for everyone. Any feedback, input, tips, and constructive criticism are welcomed. Thank you in advance to all those who will be taking part in this effort.

Question:

what if we sell chips but can only contribute a portion? Like 50%. I’m not rich enough to take a big loss on the chips I have listed but I just want to help out.

can I/should I still use “in this together” in the title?

Question:

what if we sell chips but can only contribute a portion? Like 50%. I’m not rich enough to take a big loss on the chips I have listed but I just want to help out.

can I/should I still use “in this together” in the title?

Yes, please. No sense in requiring people to use 100% of the sale as a donation. Whatever each can handle. Being a part of it is enough.

Its a great idea, but I don't understand why you're not waiting to see if poppin makes good. Some people have gotten their chips, right? And other people have tracking numbers? I've read the other thread pretty thoroughly, and maybe I'm missing some details, but it seems to me that you should wait and see what happens. Maybe the chips are actually in customs some where. Maybe people can put more pressure on the guy to return the money. It just seems early, to me, for this community to start passing out money.

Its a great idea, but I don't understand why you're not waiting to see if poppin makes good. Some people have gotten their chips, right? And other people have tracking numbers? I've read the other thread pretty thoroughly, and maybe I'm missing some details, but it seems to me that you should wait and see what happens. Maybe the chips are actually in customs some where. Maybe people can put more pressure on the guy to return the money. It just seems early, to me, for this community to start passing out money.
From what I gathered. Poppins also sold the same set multiple times so not everyone can be made whole.

And although I'd rather make comments like this over PM, since this is all out in the open anyway, who is vetting all these claims? What's to stop somebody else from coming along and saying yeah, I'm waiting on $3k in chips from Poppin too!
I'm not asking questions to be a dick. I'm asking questions because I think I'd like to help, but I have questions.

Added note regarding sending funds. Please use your username in the notes field on PayPal.

And although I'd rather make comments like this over PM, since this is all out in the open anyway, who is vetting all these claims? What's to stop somebody else from coming along and saying yeah, I'm waiting on $3k in chips from Poppin too!
I'm not asking questions to be a dick. I'm asking questions because I think I'd like to help, but I have questions.

Valid questions, hence why I asked for screenshots of the payments that were made. They serve as both a reference point and validation.

You guys are awesome. This is the forum at its best.

I still hope you go after poppin trough the Dutch police or some other police/law agency. He bloody deserve it.

Hopefully people have shown Zaki the PayPal transaction to show proof of loss.

Valid questions, hence why I asked for screenshots of the payments that were made. They serve as both a reference point and validation.
Payments that were made to the guy who was famous for taking payments then refunding payments multiple times?
Listen, I'm not accusing you or anybody of anything, but I'm a skeptical guy, and this just seems all rushed to me - just gathering up $20K, and passing it out. If I'm the only skeptic, I'll shut up.

Payments that were made to the guy who was famous for taking payments then refunding payments multiple times?
Listen, I'm not accusing you or anybody of anything, but I'm a skeptical guy, and this just seems all rushed to me - just gathering up $20K, and passing it out. If I'm the only skeptic, I'll shut up.
When you consider that a massive chunk of the chips “sold” were PNYs and another chunk were popular fracs, we’re lucky it stopped at 20k

@upNdown - some of us are going on 45+ days since our chips allegedly "shipped", however tracking# we received shows not a single update since the day tehy were supposedly shipped. Several of us have contacted PostNL about this and they tell us since we are just the recipient and they cannot help us, only the shipper can open an inquiry into the missing packages. Several of us have asked Poppin92, weeks ago, to open inquiry's on our missing packages and he refuses to even do that, so take that how you will

It helps when the person who took the money has seen the spreadsheet and admits to taking that amount.

Not the only skeptic. Seems way too early, with other collection options -- and even possible product deliveries -- not yet exhausted.

Only once the actual final 'unwhole' tally is publicly known and identified -- and right now, it is not -- should something like this take place.

Not the only skeptic. Seems way too early, with other collection options -- and even possible product deliveries -- not yet exhausted.

Only once the actual final 'unwhole' tally is publicly known and identified -- and right now, it is not -- should something like this take place.

It has been Dave. He has admitted to having a gambling addiction and the money was lost to gambling losses. As far as I know, there is only one consolidated package coming my way that will reduce the losses by somewhere in the $2,000 range. I am not counting on that to arrive as of right now and hence the reason it's still included as part of the whole amount.

Any proof of the gambling losses? That's a pretty easy-out for a confirmed liar, and not a valid reason to not make good on stolen money.

It has been Dave. He has admitted to having a gambling addiction and the money was lost to gambling losses. As far as I know, there is only one consolidated package coming my way that will reduce the losses by somewhere in the $2,000 range. I am not counting on that to arrive as of right now and hence the reason it's still included as part of the whole amount.
These are all new pieces of information that I hadn't heard before. Did I miss them in the other thread, or is this the first time they're being published?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom