MSK Plaque interest - Canadian currency (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
Any fellow Canadians interested in an MSK Plaque buy?

I'm thinking for cash games... $20, $50, $100, $500.

Similar to what Apache sells but with Canadian currency design.

For my own purposes I'd be interested in a $50 or $100 plaque. For rebuys in a 50c/$1 game.

Update 08/08/19.

First mockups by Timinator!

$50 Plaque New Style 107mm.jpg
$50 Plaque Old Style 107mm.jpg

Last edited:
I started working on a Canadian set at one time, but the asymmetrical bills didn't lend themselves easily to the plaque.

Watching, just to see how the art works out.

I'm super interested.

Would love to know the costs. The Plaques look awesome. Love the design.

I'd be in for 5 x $20, 5 x $50, 2 x $100

I'd be willing to adjust quantities to make it fly...

I guess there are a few versions of each bill as well to draw inspiration from. I think a red $50 Plaque would be killer.
69_09746959L.jpg
Canada 50 Dollars banknote 1988 William Lyon Mackenzie King.JPG
50-canadian-dollars-banknote-frontier-series-obverse-1.jpg

In for some $50’s or $100’s if they are the bigger size. It’d be nice to have the highest value holder to be physically imposing

Here's some mockups courtesy of the talented Timinator!

These are his first drafts - they look great! Both are amazing! I think the V2 is the front runner.

What do folks think?

Anyone familiar with the level of printing detail available with MSK?

$50 Plaque Old Style 107mm.jpg

v2

I would suggest also using a template. The "50" and the "C" in Canada may look odd in the stylized ridge of the plaque.

Looking forward to other denoms...

I'm not sure what I would use these in, but I am in for a few of each denom. Prefer higher denoms as I will likely use for buyins/rebuys.

Just for fun added the embossing effect to match the look of the plaque, and added a size comparison.

Size Comparison.jpg

I would suggest also using a template. The "50" and the "C" in Canada may look odd in the stylized ridge of the plaque.

That's a good point. If I remember correctly though the ridge is quite minimal, I will check my jetons when I get home. Assuming the jetons and plaques have the same ridge depth.

@Kain8

Last edited:
Nice except would prefer the vertical images to match the current currency (different on each bill) and the Queen's head needs to be slightly smaller. The stripe needs to be in front or behind, consistently in all 3 denoms.

I've requested some small tweaks.

Peace tower, centre block, and east block images.
Full silver strip from top to bottom. Full building image in the silver strip. Lowered as well so the denom is not imposed over the building.
Smaller portraits so 'Canada' is fully viewable.

I've requested some small tweaks.

Peace tower, centre block, and east block images.
Full silver strip from top to bottom. Full building image in the silver strip. Lowered as well so the denom is not imposed over the building.
Smaller portraits so 'Canada' is fully viewable.

Any other thoughts? Will likely revise these in the next couple days once I catch up on a few others jobs.

The stripe needs to be in front or behind, consistently in all 3 denoms.

Nice catch! I noticed the $20 was inconsistent and fixed on my end but didn't update the mockup because laziness, and more revisions were sure to come. ;)

Any chance of getting the back side with the bird art? Any interest in a nice blue $5 plaque? The snowy owl on the 50 would look amazing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Canada_(banknotes)

I was so pumped about the front art that Timinator mocked up I kind of forgot about the backside of the bills. I'll ask if he's got the time to do that as well.

Personally, I'm only interested in the $50 and $100, but if folks are interested I see no issue with adding any other denoms (so long as Timinator is kind enough to design those of course).

I'm not sure about the exact particulars of ordering from MSK yet (art setup fees, minimums, etc) so there are some logistical items to review before I can say with 100% confidence about what will actually be ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom