MSK Plaque interest - Canadian currency (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a chance to work on some of the backs. These are first drafts but interested to see what everyone thinks.

If you want to learn more about the inspriation for the backs check out here: https://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/bank-note-series/frontiers/

50-20backs-01.jpg

Looks great Tim! I prefer the bird art, but I may be impartial because that's what I grew up with.

I can help be a hub for those in the lower mainland. People can either pick up from me in Coquitlam or Langley.

I'll get some of these as well. Right now I'm thinking 60, 40, 30 from low to high denoms.

Put me in for something like 21x$20 , 11x$50 , 11x$100 will confirm later when it gets closet please

A couple other items:
I’d prefer the bird backs.
Will the edges have colours to (kind of) match the faces? MSK used to do different colour options for the center plate. Not sure what is available currently.

A couple other items:
I’d prefer the bird backs.
Will the edges have colours to (kind of) match the faces? MSK used to do different colour options for the center plate. Not sure what is available currently.

MSK has the option for colored edges (instead of just white). I don't think it will match the exact color of the faces but should look better than white.

If the game people play allows for it I think the $100 plaques are sweet. Our stakes are too small but they are really nice.

I'll get a handful$100's just to have them- doesn't REALLY matter if I ever use them haha

100% forgot about these. I will complete the $100 back by Jan 10th. I promise.

1578686634479.png

Here they are! For the life of me I could not find an image like the original $100, so that one is inspired by the bill, while the $20 and $50 are very faithful re-creations. I did make one change to the portraits that will make them more vibrant than previous mockups as you can see below. @TheDuke I think we are ready to roll.
Final Mockups_Lineup.jpg
Final Mockups_Lineup Back.jpg

Full mockups of each plaque:
Final Mockups_20.jpg
Final Mockups_50.jpg
Final Mockups_100.jpg

Reminder on the last pricing info we had:
Here are pricing details I just received. Some significant price breaks at the 100 mark.

size : 94x66
price : qty 10 pcs - $9.36 per piece
qty 100 pcs - $6.66 per

size : 107x75
price : qty 10 pcs - $11.52 per
qty 100 pcs - $8.82 per

size : 118x82
price : qty 10 pcs - $12.70 per
qty 100 pcs - $10.00 per

option : Metallic and opaque printing on each

- each plaque will have a different front and back design: no extra cost
- multi-color bases on each : no extra cost
- serial numbers imprinted on each : additional $0.30 per piece

The only unreasonable demand I will make is that if we do serial numbers (any why wouldn’t we for 0.30) I want 0001 - xxxx of any quantity of these I order. :)

Interested in two of each for display. Awesome design. Will the leaf and small denom silver metallic printing?

I will say I think the back of the 100$ isn't as cohesive as the others. Seems a bit off imo. Might be because it has two people on both sides.

Anyway, put me down for 30 $50 plaques with serial numbers!

Agreed, maybe make the scientist a bit smaller? I love the DNA strand though.

I will say I think the back of the 100$ isn't as cohesive as the others. Seems a bit off imo. Might be because it has two people on both sides.

Anyway, put me down for 30 $50 plaques with serial numbers!
Agreed, maybe make the scientist a bit smaller? I love the DNA strand though.

Could try that. The actual 100 itself is a bit of a collage too. Problem is you can’t work with money in Photoshop. If it detects what it thinks is currency it doesn’t allow you to edit it. So scanning and grabbing the original scientist is a non starter.

I do see a tweak to the colouring that could be done as well that should bring it closer in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom