Taking Orders Matsui Zen $20 and $100 plaque Group Buy 2023 (2 Viewers)

BNM

Full House
Reaction score
After much discussion, here is the Group Buy for the Matsui Zen $20 and $100 plaques. This GB is for plaques only. If you're interested in racks, please join the GB that @Himewad is running: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-plaque-racks-for-real-this-time.108713/#post-2244162

Details:

Initial order deadline is August 21st at 23:59, so there's two solid weeks to get in on this. You must have funds available to send once the order is placed and I will only accept PP FF.

I will share all invoices and receipts for everyone in the GB to see. All costs will be completely transparent and available once I get them. I'll add a google document with the breakdowns at some point.

Pricing per unit is below, it DOES NOT include shipping from Matsui (shared cost-approximately $300-$400), taxes/FedEX fees (shared-no reliable estimate, maybe $100-$200), royalty art fees to J5 (shared-per item), reshipping (individualized), and other items such as tape and any other needed supplies (shared). Make sure you keep some room in your budget for such fees. All costing will be completely transparent and available as I get it and some will be influenced by the total number we order.

DenominationCost
$20 Plaque (85mmx65mm)$13.00 + share of art fee ($235)
$100 Plaque (85mmx65mm)$13.00 + share of art fee ($235)

Please post your order in the following format, which I will turn into a google document later:

$20 Plaque x
$100 Plaque x

Please post any updates as a new post with the word update in it. This will make it so that I don't have to go back and find the OP. And, please limit this thread to orders only. Thanks.

**I reserve the right to make updates and corrections if anything is inaccurate. But, again, that will be transparent.**

Images: Below are the two proofs from J5. I know these plaques will be amazing. I suggest looking around for other posts where the tournament plaques are featured.

Zen$20.jpg
Zen $100.jpg

Update: A quick note on the racks in which the plaques are shipped from Matsui. For every 50 plaques we order, they will be shipped in one rack. In this case, it should be a large rack. If we end up ordering 300 plaques that means we will get six large racks. Those racks will be distributed to participants of the GB based on the number of plaques you ordered. For every 50 plaques you will receive a rack. For orders under 50 or partials (ordered 65 plaques, get one rack, then your remaining 15 forms a partial entry) we will distribute the racks based on the highest number of plaques ordered to the lowest. Pretty simple, but I imagine I’ve confused everyone.

Also, it is not uncommon for racks to break or have damage when shipped with plaques inside them so no guarantees the racks will be in ideal condition. Hopefully you opted into the @Himewad GB and boned up on racks.

And, I am in for the following:

$20 Plaque x 41
$100 Plaque x 11

Last edited:
$20 Plaque x 20
$100 Plaque x 10

• Love
Reactions: BNM
$20 Plaque x 1
$100 Plaque x 1

Seeing @davislane 's comment makes me realize I need to complete my set as well.

235/148 = $1.60
235/53 = $4.43

Is that how the artwork price is going to be split?

Reactions: BNM
Is that how the artwork price is going to be split?
Yes, equally, per denomination. Why it’s particularly helpful to get as many people ordering as possible to spread out those costs.

I know I will change my mind about 14 more times over the next day or so, but I need to get something down with the time running out.

$20 Plaque x 42
$100 Plaque x 12

I am using the estimates* of $17 for the 20 and $19 for the 100 keeps me under $1K and I will get a plaque rack. I hope more people get orders in so it will be even cheaper. If that becomes the case I may even buy some more but I can't plan for that now. People lets get those orders in!!!!

*Legal Disclaimer, these are estimates and estimates only use at your own free will. I am sure they are not correct, but it is what I am using for estimations.

Last day, team. Well, last 1/2 day+, really. I’m flying home today, and will work up the spreadsheet with the orders placed here thai evening. Will confirm that after the deadline and then contact Matsui and PM everyone in on the order with the spreadsheet that breaks down the price.

Hard cutoff tonight.

Really no one wants to update their sample sets or add on? These chips are always wanted I am very surprised...

I put this in the other thread but I meant it for this one. I am just surprised at how many people did not order.

hello,

i'm new to PCF; i can't place orders or whatever yet even but i'm in no rush ... i've seen a few posts about "Group Buys." Could you tell me a little more about them? I was under the impression that makers such as Matsui (which i would •luv• to get a set of chips from them) don't deal with the public. Thanks for any response.

hello,

i'm new to PCF; i can't place orders or whatever yet even but i'm in no rush ... i've seen a few posts about "Group Buys." Could you tell me a little more about them? I was under the impression that makers such as Matsui (which i would •luv• to get a set of chips from them) don't deal with the public. Thanks for any response.
I don't want to muddy the thread but I will try and help answer your questions but this thread is specific for this Group buy. Group buys are where multiple people get together to buy chips, plaques etc. so that they can get a better price or to meet minimums. Matsui will deal with the public but usually the art work fees, chip minimums etc. make it very expensive for people to do it on their own. So a group buy will get together to purchase a big number of whatever to share the costs and then the product will be divided by what you buy. This group buy was for Matsui plaques for a set of chips that most know as Zens. Again I am not going to reply to this thread anymore unless it is about the plaques in this group buy.

hello,

Hi, at the top level of this particular sub board is a pinned post: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/what-is-a-group-buy.19675/ it is a bit old, but it is still valid.

Welcome to PCF.

Team, proof getting finalized. Please be prepared to review your numbers and send funds within 48 hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom