MSK Plaque interest - Canadian currency (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason this needs to go through MSK? I'm not very familiar with MSK but how do they compare to Sunfly?

I don't think so- I believe it was modeled after the US President plaques from the past few years. I'm also assuming that MSK would be a bit cheaper than Sunfly or Matsui...

Edit- yup, definitely cheaper. Overall opinion is that Matsui quality is way better but 3-5 times the price. BG and Abiatti also do plaques, but not worth it for this small of a run. My preference is to stick with MSK.

Last edited:
I don't think so- I believe it was modeled after the US President plaques from the past few years. I'm also assuming that MSK would be a bit cheaper than Sunfly or Matsui...

Edit- yup, definitely cheaper. Overall opinion is that Matsui quality is way better but 3-5 times the price. BG and Abiatti also do plaques, but not worth it for this small of a run. My preference is to stick with MSK.
Do you know what the minimum order quantity is through MSK? I see the price break down starts at a quantity of 10, does that mean someone could order just 10 plaques?

If MSK hasn't changed anything, they've never had a minimum- just a set up fee.

An example from the 2016 GB:

The setup fee quadruples when you hit 500. Granted, the per plaque price drops as well, but the total unit cost is higher unless you get into the mid-500s. We're trying to milk the sub-500 price benefit. See below...

mskpricing.JPG

101-500 = $3.47per with $79.60 setup fee
501-1000 = $2.98per $357.60 setup fee

499 = $1,811.13 total, or $3.63 per plaque (doesn't include shipping)
500 = $1,847.60 total, or $3.70 per plaque (doesn't include shipping)

If MSK hasn't changed anything, they've never had a minimum- just a set up fee.

An example from the 2016 GB:

The setup fee quadruples when you hit 500. Granted, the per plaque price drops as well, but the total unit cost is higher unless you get into the mid-500s. We're trying to milk the sub-500 price benefit. See below...

mskpricing.JPG

101-500 = $3.47per with $79.60 setup fee
501-1000 = $2.98per $357.60 setup fee

499 = $1,811.13 total, or $3.63 per plaque (doesn't include shipping)
500 = $1,847.60 total, or $3.70 per plaque (doesn't include shipping)
Ok, thank you very much for the information.

I know everyone's financial situation can be different with the pandemic but I am still interested in this.

Eui from MSK got back to me today- just working on the details. Stay tuned!

We also need to have a chat about the serial numbers, i.e. how to assign them fairly. Timinater gets first shot as 'payment' for the art as far as I'm concerned, and it'll likely be a sequential list following that. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd likely just include a column in the order sheet to clarify who gets what numbers.

Happy to ship to the US, but will add on a bit to the price for the reshipping. Ordering hasn't even begun!
Excellent. I'll keep watching this thread. So do you even have an estimated cost before shipping? I saw the post where around $4 a plaque was mentioned. Is that still in the ballpark?

This was the quote from September, will be interesting to see what they come up with now... I think we'll hit the minimums for all, so the lower price should be in effect.

size : 94x66
price : qty 10 pcs - $9.36 per piece
qty 100 pcs - $6.66 per

size : 107x75
price : qty 10 pcs - $11.52 per
qty 100 pcs - $8.82 per

size : 118x82
price : qty 10 pcs - $12.70 per
qty 100 pcs - $10.00 per

option : Metallic and opaque printing on each

- each plaque will have a different front and back design: no extra cost
- multi-color bases on each : no extra cost
- serial numbers imprinted on each : additional $0.30 per piece

We also need to have a chat about the serial numbers, i.e. how to assign them fairly. Timinater gets first shot as 'payment' for the art as far as I'm concerned, and it'll likely be a sequential list following that. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd likely just include a column in the order sheet to clarify who gets what numbers.

I don’t mind which numbers i end up with. As long as they are sequential.

Thanks

Here's the initial reply info. Prices pretty much the same as the quote from last year, but would also include the serial numbering, so that's nice. This is all in USD, so we get hosed on the exchange as usual.

1588863737723.png

Shipping cost estimate is :
via EMS - $195
via TNT - $302

Reshipping estimates (for Canada):

1588863987369.png

No problem, I'll continue to work with Eui/Timinater on any art/design final decisions and keep you guys updated. Eventually will set up a order thread and tracking spreadsheet.

No problem, I'll continue to work with Eui/Timinater on any art/design final decisions and keep you guys updated. Eventually will set up a order thread and tracking spreadsheet.

Here is where we are at as far as the final design. Depending on where they can place the serial number we may need to move the little descriptor out of the way. I believe it's usually in that same spot. Though if they can move the serial number my guess is we'd all rather that and keep these faithful to the source?

Final Mockups_Lineup Back.jpg
Final Mockups_Lineup.jpg

Last edited:
Do we have a count on the numbers yet? I am thinking of stocking up on these, possibly something like 150, 150 an 75-100.

No official count on numbers yet until we post the tracking thread, the numbers I provided were based on rough initial interest from this thread.

Serial number can be anywhere and is on both sides unless we request otherwise. We can include the location/font/size in the art we submit.

Prototyping is included in the cost, so we can see what they'll actually look like before mass production.

I just want to get all the serial numbers that have a 3 6 or 9 in it. Yes. All of them. Sorry if that breaks up your sequential set.

I’m kidding. But I wouldn’t mind getting 33 and 96 from each grouping. Any other numbers can be anything.

Personally, I think I'd prefer non-sequential numbers. Sequential numbers give me the feeling of "unused", or "worthless".

That may break up the sequential sets. Might just have to order a shit-ton more, so even if mine happen to be sequential, the ones I put in play won't be.

Now, if I got the early draw on numbers, I'm thinking all prime numbers - but will happily surrender 3 to Yoshi.

Artwork has been sent- I'll let you guys know when I hear back from them and will start thinking about the official order thread. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom