Home game hand (1 Viewer)

cgpilot

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
8 Handed .25/.25 cash game - $40 buy in.

Hero UTG: $85
MP: LAG-ish $90
CO: LAG $60

Hero looks down at
:as::kc:

Hero UTG raise to $1.25
Only callers are MP and CO.

Flop is
:kd::kh::js:

Thoughts?

I’m only thinking about what I’m going to be doing with their money if they have any decent hand. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

OK, in all seriousness; I mean, you can't imagine this goes downhill ... you've got no worries about flushes and only minor concerns about a straight (since you're holding a blocker). Against idiots, I would definitely trap by checking and then hoping the turn gives an Ace or a Jack so those people holding those possible hands would catch.

But against better players, I bet half pot. I don't think they would see that as rep'ing the king. You're looking for calls from hands with an Ace, a King, or a Jack, which is possible given the pre-flop calls.

I’m only thinking about what I’m going to be doing with their money if they have any decent hand. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
37060948.png

If I am first to act I might check this. Let's see if anyone else has anything and is willing to lead out.
I like this thought and take this line.

Additional info:
MP and CO both often talk while they play or talk so much they slow down the action. Both have stopped talking.

Hero checks
MP checks
CO bets .50

Hero decides to only call
MP: Whimsically states "let's at least make it a $1.00" and raises
CO calls

Action back to hero. Thoughts?

We've got about $6.00 in the middle and we have the goods. There's no reason to call here at this point. If someone has a good draw like QT or has a Jack we need to make them earn it so you in my opinion you should re-pop to $5.00 and see how LAG they really feel.

Edit: Brainfarts galore for me on this one since an A or J actually helps us so the 9 is really the only scare card.

Last edited:
call with idea to keep hand disguised well for a big XR coming up
I like the idea of trying to keep the hand disguised though I am starting to get overly excited that they both seem very interested.

The 0.50 bet on the flop is very wtf. The min raise is even more confusing. Have you seen either bet like this before and when they did what was the outcome?

It was confusing. I have seen them bet like this but the only very general info I would gather at the moment is that they've connected with the flop in some way or another.

Hero decides only to call.

Turn card is :5d:

Action back to hero. Thoughts?

Seems like an obvious check given how we've played it to arrive at this point. Hopefully one of them gets spicy and we pop them.

Yeah, since you called before there is zero reason to bet out here. Let them play their games. If they do the small bet min-raise thing again you can get cutesy and min-raise back to see if they start a bidding war.

Seems like an obvious check

let them lead out

I would check

MP/CO view on me. It's getting late and pretty much all the guys know as it gets late I get much less disciplined and much more gambly.

With both players no longer talking, both interested in the hand, the pot is still relatively small so I decide to step on the gas. Posted this hand for the feedback so feel free to critique.

Hero bets out $10
MP: Instantly snap raise "all in"
CO: Folds

Thoughts?

We start cursing out loud and tank for a moment.

Players who are competent and do a min check raise on a tiny bet are just getting too cute for my liking. Makes me think KJ. I don't think JJ would just flat the raise would they?

Go with your gut here and history of playing with the player. Are they capable of bluffing all in off air or do they only commit stacks when they have the goods?

Hero made a mistake. The hero's bet caused MP's all in. That all in caused the third plyer to fold. If hero checks, MP then bets, and CO calls. You left money on the table by leading out.

Edit: I am running with thought of MP having a Broadway draw and CO hit the jack.

have you seen anything like this before?
I'd probably say in the realm of low stakes home games we are all probably average skill to below average. Both MP and CO have been known for getting excited about making a hand but missing other possibilities on the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom