A hand against Johnny C in $25/$50 NLHE (1 Viewer)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
$25/$50 game at the Bike last night. Playing a bit more like $50/$100.

4 hours into the game, hero has bought in for $2k, is sitting at $18k, sunrunning.

V is Johnny Chan, in for $5k, sitting at $11k or so. We are 9-handed.

Hero has :jc: :js: in the CO.

V is UTG+2. Opens for $300.

Folds to hero.

Hero?

Last edited:
None of my business, but since you bring it up, I’m curious why you’re buying in so short.

I had $2k in chips with me when I sat down, and I sent a request for $20k in chips to be brought to me from my player’s account. For whatever reason, the chip runner was taking forever, so I decided to play with the $2k I had. I tripled up in hand #2, where my Qs held against AKs and pocket 10s.

When the chips eventually came 20 minutes later, I just left them in my bag since I was already up to about $10.5k.

I had $2k in chips with me when I sat down, and I sent a request for $20k in chips to be brought to me from my player’s account. For whatever reason, the chip runner was taking forever, so I decided to play with the $2k I had. I tripled up in hand #2, where my Qs held against AKs and pocket 10s.

When the chips eventually came 20 minutes later, I just left them in my bag since I was already up to about $10.5k.
Okay, I didn’t know if it was a strategy. I believe that’s a thing in PLO, but I don’t know about no limit.

Anyway, yeah, I’d 3x to 900. Keep it standard as hell. He might be getting older, but he’s forgotten more than I’ll ever know, so I’m not about to give any sizing tells.

I’d flip the script and stand up and start hip thrusting and making TOK TOK TOK noises and then say “EYEEE STEEEEK IT ENNNN YEWWWW”.

Then make it $1700 to go.

(This works better if they have zero history with you and think you might legitimately be legally insane)
....bing bong.

I’d flip the script and stand up and start hip thrusting and making TOK TOK TOK noises and then say “EYEEE STEEEEK IT ENNNN YEWWWW”.

Then make it $1700 to go.

(This works better if they have zero history with you and think you might legitimately be legally insane)
this must be done by you and videoed at DID24

I do belive that I would just call....But I am a lousy player and this is J F Chan....

oh my god. the man has a strat thread of a hand with johnny fucking chan and still its the bergs and kifer bromance? go get a room!
1691986942574.gif

Continuing…

4 hours into the game, hero has bought in for $2k, is sitting at $18k, sunrunning.

Folds to hero.

Hero decides on a standard 3-bet here. Raises to $1000.

Action folds to villain.
He calls.
Pot is now $2075.

Flop is

:9s::5d::2c:

Villain checks.

Hero?

Continuing…

Folds to hero.

Hero decides on a standard 3-bet here. Raises to $1000.

Action folds to villain.
He calls.
Pot is now $2075.

Flop is

:9s::5d::2c:

Villain checks.

Hero?
I could think of worse flops by far. I'm just looking for a a lucky set mine or queens. I'd bet out 70%ish.

Yeah I think I'm going to keep playing it like standard ABC poker and bet about 35%. $700
I like it, leaves room for him to raise but stiff enough for a fold

I'm also no stranger to checking behind here to mix it up. We're ~3:1 favorite on his range here, giving free cards isn't the worst thing and it gives V the chance to bluff.

Since it's a super dry flop that doesn't hit villain that often, he would fold the majority of his range to a bet which is why I want to induce bluffs here but ~1/3 pot bet is also fine, and we'll take down the pot the majority of times. I don't expect too many c/r bluffs here, but pot control is nice and we want to cap the downside (when he has a set).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom