What would you do? $25/$50/$100 NLHE hand (1 Viewer)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
$25/$50/$100 NLHE game at the Hustler, Sunday afternoon.
Pro-heavy lineup.
Hero is in MP. Villain has just recently sat down, is UTG+1.
Hero SS is $35K, down from $40K.
Villain SS is $28K, has only played a few hands, but seems to know everyone else. Regular player, apparently.

V in UTG+1 raises to $250.
Folds to Hero in MP, has :qc::qd:, 3-bets to $1k.
Button calls, V calls.
Pot is now $3175.

Flop is :qh::5h::2s:

V checks.
Hero bets $2000.
Button folds.
V raises to $6500.

Hero?

1689611713608.png

Run it thrice?

So I'm calling, then going for the jam on the turn...he very may well do it for ourselves...if a heart hits we have a decision to make...following!

Good to see you posting again.

Is there any reason to play this slow? Repopping this to $14k seems most appropriate.
Get a flush draw on the turn to go all in (first to act), as opposed to folding the reraise on the flop?

Smells like :ah::kh: or AQss. Doubt they're raising pocket fives or deuces from early position. Can't really go wrong either way. Flatting seems best to make it look like you're drawing yourself. Even if the third heart comes on the turn, you're pot committed anyway.

A on the turn is going to kill action if V have KK, flush in the turn is going to kill action if V have a Set.

U also want the money in by the turn if V have any draw too.

Reraise now to $14.5k, if V jam we call, if V call we going to jam half pot size when blank at turn

Effective stack is villain’s $28k, I don’t think a min click to $14k makes much sense, either get it in now or flat, there’s not really an in between. I mean are you going to fold for his last $14k if you had min raised and a heart comes on the turn?

SPR on a call is still 1.5 to 1. I call and jam any clean looking turn.

Effective stack is villain’s $28k, I don’t think a min click to $14k makes much sense, either get it in now or flat, there’s not really an in between. I mean are you going to fold for his last $14k if you had min raised and a heart comes on the turn?
Yep good call. Stack sizes matter. You changed my mind. This is a shove on the flop.

If hero still gets it in light from time to time, this is a great spot to just shove.

I shove and run it 3 times if they call, lol.
There is already $8-$9k profit in there if they fold. I don't want to see another heart on the turn and then get put to the test if it comes.
Worst case you're up against 34 of hearts (please don't tell me he has the 34 of hearts :oops:) but also could be up against a smaller set that probably won't fold here.

The only question here is when to get our stack in. It's too bad we won't know villain better. You're blocking top pair hands so most likely it's a flush draw or lower set or air. You kinda want to charge the heck out of those hands. If you min click it you really handcuff the villain which is fun. Even if villain doesn't have a flush draw, a heart will kill action. Do you want to gambol?

Krish says “Time…” and holds his hand up while everyone says to themselves “WTAF, there isn’t a shot clock here”.

The camera pans to Krish looking contemplatively at the pot. Krish’s voice over begins.

“I want them to think that I’m contemplating a call…but all I’m really thinking about is the Bentley dealer down on Sunset and buying another coupe.”

“All right, your $6500, plus I have another (waves at chips) whatever the fuck this is, I’m all in, because I don’t think you have the open ended flush combo draw”. (Krish haphazardly pushes his stacks towards the middle of the table)

Pan to villain who looks like a cross between Brad Pitt and Groot.

(smiles) “Yaahhh drrright Krishy, I dooont haff a ddrraaaw”

With exquisite slowness, almost painfully deliberately, the villain turns over 2 Reverse Uno cards.

“I shhttiiick it innn you” he deadpans, as he proceeds to mount his chair from the side and furiously dryhumps it while making clicking sounds like a Geiger counter left on the roof of reactor building number 3 at Chernobyl.

“Isssss a foooking joke, vanyvay….I pay you off widd hizzz mooney” (points at a stricken-looking Tom Dwan who is being hovered over by yakuza making references to “what is owed in Dubai is returned to Dubai”.

The turn and river come Umbreon Espeon and a guy that looks suspiciously like Super Mario starts racking up Krish’s chips as he sits stunned in silence.

Conclusion:

$25/$50/$100 NLHE game at the Hustler, Sunday afternoon.
Pro-heavy lineup.
Hero is in MP. Villain has just recently sat down, is UTG+1.
Hero SS is $35K, down from $40K.
Villain SS is $28K, has only played a few hands, but seems to know everyone else. Regular player, apparently.

V in UTG+1 raises to $250.
Folds to Hero in MP, has :qc::qd:, 3-bets to $1k.
Button calls, V calls.
Pot is now $3175.

Flop is :qh::5h::2s:

V checks.
Hero bets $2000.
Button folds.
V raises to $6500.

Hero decides to call.

Turn is the :3h:

Villain jams.
Hero sighs, he should have jammed on the flop, could have run it twice for 2 extra cards.
We run the river twice.
First one is :jc:
Second is :td:
V turns over :7h::4h:

Meanwhile, Nik Airball passes the table with a ton of cash.

IMG_6573.jpeg

Nasty runout but I think you played it correctly. I like the call flop here and get it in on any turn. Obviously some of those turns will have the villain hit his card on us, but most won't. Jam on the flop is also perfectly fine. I think the main idea here is that you want to have some kind of mixed strategy for how you play the nuts, how you play draws and how you play say AK with one heart here on this flop. Calling can't be incorrect, jamming can't be incorrect, you just don't want to be predictable vs a table of pros.

It would be interesting to know if villain was a pro or splashy rec, because based off this hh it seems the latter? If so then I like the jam more over the call. If it was a pro (again that seems unlikely), then I like the call more on the flop.

It would be interesting to know if villain was a pro or splashy rec, because based off this hh it seems the latter? If so then I like the jam more over the call. If it was a pro (again that seems unlikely), then I like the call more on the flop.
If it was Nik Airball like Krish was insinuating, even his UTG open range is pretty uncapped. No way I'm folding here.

If it was Nik Airball like Krish was insinuating, even his UTG open range is pretty uncapped. No way I'm folding here.
Yeah, I didn't get the sense it was Airball from the post, but maybe I was wrong. If it was, that would have been *crucial* information to include Krish lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom