PAHWM: Heritage Club Championship NLHE Tourney (1 Viewer)

Not sure they call if they feel behind, so I think you’re at max win value here if ahead, plus you get the intel.

Might they be behind yet feel ahead? Not getting that vibe.

If you’re behind, well, adding more only digs your grave and possibly takes you out.

So max EV is a call.

I have no clue what he is repping. But raising is pointless as it's hard to imagine getting called by worse, and I'm not sure what better stuff will fold unless it's like TT or JJ that didn't 3 bet pre. (And a decent player will have a hard time believing you have an A since you didn't bet turn).

Just sigh call because it doesn't make sense. I feel like the most likely value hands you lose to are A2 and A6, MAYBE 35 sometimes. Other than that, I can't figure out what plays this way that you lose to. Maybe he's played TT perfectly against your exact hand? That would be irritating.

I have no clue what he is repping. But raising is pointless as it's hard to imagine getting called by worse, and I'm not sure what better stuff will fold unless it's like TT or JJ that didn't 3 bet pre. (And a decent player will have a hard time believing you have an A since you didn't bet turn).

Just sigh call because it doesn't make sense. I feel like the most likely value hands you lose to are A2 and A6, MAYBE 35 sometimes. Other than that, I can't figure out what plays this way that you lose to. Maybe he's played TT perfectly against your exact hand? That would be irritating.
I will say this is one of those players I've been playing with for a long long time, and so we do both break our standard lines sometimes when we are involved in a hand with each other because we know how each other plays so well.

We had a hand earlier in the tournament where I flopped top set and he flopped second set that didn't get aggressive until the river, for instance - both of us slow playing an extra street than a usual slow play.

I will say this is one of those players I've been playing with for a long long time, and so we do both break our standard lines sometimes when we are involved in a hand with each other because we know how each other plays so well.

We had a hand earlier in the tournament where I flopped top set and he flopped second set that didn't get aggressive until the river, for instance - both of us slow playing an extra street than a usual slow play.
Then definitely call.

Hero thinks for a while and really isn't sure if he's ahead or behind. And if he's behind how likely it is he'd be able to get a fold from a better hand like TT. So does some staring and replaying the line in his head. Really settle on how curious it is that he's retaining some chips when he had less than a pot sized bet left if he was confident he was ahead with a hand like A2. And how given my raise on the flop with a board with no draws, he should know there's a good chance he can get value. Level myself multiple times, and eventually settle on a shove to get what I think is value from a 6.

Situation - middle stages, rebuy window is complete, final table and 7 handed, money begins at 5th. Prize pool is juiced by collections from tournaments through the year, so the prize pool is effectively more than doubled for the championship.

Blinds: 400/800

SB: 26k - PCFer so I won't share profile
BB: 27k - Local card room grinder, solid player.
UTG (HERO): 38k - Generally TAG image
MP: 18k - PCFer so won't share profile
HJ: 55k - Our resident maniac who is starting to get drunky drunk.
CO: 42k - Learning player who has been improving a great deal, but also at that stage where he'll make poorly timed bluffs and hero calls alike
BTN: 24k - Long time player, shades of a calling station.

HERO is first to act and looks down at :9c::9d:.

Action on hero.

Hero RAISES to 1800.
Folds to BB who CALLS.

Pot is 4000.

Flop comes :6d::2h::2s:.

BB donk bets 3000. (wtf? and from effectively a professional player.)
Hero RAISES to 8000.
BB thinks very briefly and calls.

Pot is 20000

Turn brings :6d::2h::2s::ac:

BB motions to his chips (this is a frequent move for him pre-check) and then CHECKS.
Hero CHECKS.

River is the :6d::2h::2s::ac::4d:

BB thinks for about ten seconds and then tosses out a single 5000 chip. Has about 13k behind.
Hero shoves for 18,000 effective.

BB tanks for 4-5 minutes with a lot of verbalization, and is really in the blender. Keeps trying to bait reactions out of me like touching his chips and saying "Well, if I'm going to go home I should go home now." Eventually folds in disgust.

Talk to him an hour later on break, he tells me he mucked JJ.

Fin.

Hero thinks for a while and really isn't sure if he's ahead or behind. And if he's behind how likely it is he'd be able to get a fold from a better hand like TT. So does some staring and replaying the line in his head. Really settle on how curious it is that he's retaining some chips when he had less than a pot sized bet left if he was confident he was ahead with a hand like A2. And how given my raise on the flop with a board with no draws, he should know there's a good chance he can get value. Level myself multiple times, and eventually settle on a shove to get what I think is value from a 6.

Situation - middle stages, rebuy window is complete, final table and 7 handed, money begins at 5th. Prize pool is juiced by collections from tournaments through the year, so the prize pool is effectively more than doubled for the championship.

Blinds: 400/800

SB: 26k - PCFer so I won't share profile
BB: 27k - Local card room grinder, solid player.
UTG (HERO): 38k - Generally TAG image
MP: 18k - PCFer so won't share profile
HJ: 55k - Our resident maniac who is starting to get drunky drunk.
CO: 42k - Learning player who has been improving a great deal, but also at that stage where he'll make poorly timed bluffs and hero calls alike
BTN: 24k - Long time player, shades of a calling station.

HERO is first to act and looks down at :9c::9d:.

Action on hero.

Hero RAISES to 1800.
Folds to BB who CALLS.

Pot is 4000.

Flop comes :6d::2h::2s:.

BB donk bets 3000. (wtf? and from effectively a professional player.)
Hero RAISES to 8000.
BB thinks very briefly and calls.

Pot is 20000

Turn brings :6d::2h::2s::ac:

BB motions to his chips (this is a frequent move for him pre-check) and then CHECKS.
Hero CHECKS.

River is the :6d::2h::2s::ac::4d:

BB thinks for about ten seconds and then tosses out a single 5000 chip. Has about 13k behind.
Hero shoves for 18,000 effective.

BB tanks for 4-5 minutes with a lot of verbalization, and is really in the blender. Keeps trying to bait reactions out of me like touching his chips and saying "Well, if I'm going to go home I should go home now." Eventually folds in disgust.

Talk to him an hour later on break, he tells me he mucked JJ.

Fin.
Great hand!! I sniffed it but probably wouldn't have the guts for the shove. Well done. The glance plus the blocker shouts that he doesnt love his hand.

I'm curious. If you were to lead on the Ace turn, do you think he calls you on that action feeling that you are just betting your top pair? Was it the check behind that got him off his read?

I'm curious. If you were to lead on the Ace turn, do you think he calls you on that action feeling that you are just betting your top pair? Was it the check behind that got him off his read?
Really not sure. I don't know that he could have called a turn lead with his holding as the flop raise would put me squarely on AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ holdings. And maybe a percentage of TT/99/88/77. But way more of my range would have him beat than not.

Last edited:
If I was the villain, of have a hard time believing this line from you. I think the only thing you are repping is AA with the way the hand was played. I'd rather you bluff with 55, 33, or 6x or 4x in this spot to block straights and full houses. I just think it telling that he almost called you with JJ.

I get that his line looks a lot like a one pair hand. Getting called by 6x though? I guess. But you could just call and win pretty often as well without risking him having you beat with someone like TT, JJ, or a 2x.

Played along and came to mostly same as you until river

pre plays itself

Flop don’t mind raise with that many overs.

Turn check is fine but I lean towards bet, it’s weird for BB to lead-call an ace, and you should have enough suited wheel ace backdoor blocker shit that raised flop so you can bet again. it also can set up a nice check back spot on lots of rivers.

River I don’t turn 99 into bluff here, surprised he even has JJ that can fold.

Played along and came to mostly same as you until river

pre plays itself

Flop don’t mind raise with that many overs.

Turn check is fine but I lean towards bet, it’s weird for BB to lead-call an ace, and you should have enough suited wheel ace backdoor blocker shit that raised flop so you can bet again. it also can set up a nice check back spot on lots of rivers.

River I don’t turn 99 into bluff here, surprised he even has JJ that can fold.
You calling the river lead or folding?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom