What would you do? $25/$50/$100 NLHE hand (1 Viewer)

Nik wasn’t the V.
Even against a tight pro, how many Ax hearts combos are they opening with? AJ, AQ AK maybe? 74 suited is a really loose open OOP.

Unfortunate. I'm probably going broke here every time as well.

Floor! Table change, please.

Conclusion:

$25/$50/$100 NLHE game at the Hustler, Sunday afternoon.
Pro-heavy lineup.
Hero is in MP. Villain has just recently sat down, is UTG+1.
Hero SS is $35K, down from $40K.
Villain SS is $28K, has only played a few hands, but seems to know everyone else. Regular player, apparently.

V in UTG+1 raises to $250.
Folds to Hero in MP, has :qc::qd:, 3-bets to $1k.
Button calls, V calls.
Pot is now $3175.

Flop is :qh::5h::2s:

V checks.
Hero bets $2000.
Button folds.
V raises to $6500.

Hero decides to call.

Turn is the :3h:

Villain jams.
Hero sighs, he should have jammed on the flop, could have run it twice for 2 extra cards.
We run the river twice.
First one is :jc:
Second is :td:
V turns over :7h::4h:

Meanwhile, Nik Airball passes the table with a ton of cash.

View attachment 1165599
Waitress! Drink, please.

If it makes you feel any better- V's jam on the turn is pretty horrendous. You have probably the only worse hand that can call. He's pricing out all your overpairs with a heart, and so exactly QQ and better flushes can call.

Against a pro heavy lineup I doubt you want to cap your calling range on that board by shipping QQ -- you don't have any combo draws to balance with anyways.Q52 and you three bet, basically the only thing stopping him from merge raising you with any Qx with a heart is your AQ, QQ,KK,AA in a sea of all the other no pair hands. I'm sure a pro finds those merges too

Against a pro heavy lineup I doubt you want to cap your calling range on that board by shipping QQ -- you don't have any combo draws to balance with anyways.Q52 and you three bet, basically the only thing stopping him from merge raising you with any Qx with a heart is your AQ, QQ,KK,AA in a sea of all the other no pair hands. I'm sure a pro finds those merges too
This post is why I loathe NLHE cash now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom