Bad call? Late night 1/3 action (1 Viewer)

GPBC

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hero has JhJc in CO in 9max 1/3 game

UTG+1 raises 5bb, 2 callers

Hero raises 15bb, Button calls, previous 3 add on 10bb for 5 way pot

Flop comes 9 8 3 rainbow, checks to hero, hero checks

Button Jams ~100bb, only mp calls

Hero calls into an almost 300 bb pot with 100bb,

JJ holds over AcKs and 10s10d

thinking back after this hand, should Hero have folded after the mp calls?

I guess there’s a discussion about whether you should have called after the psycho got a caller, but the real question is why on earth you checked that flop? Do you hate money?
there likely was some action before the shove but this hand was being played at 3am and I can’t remember for the life of me what it was

Hero has JhJc in CO in 9max 1/3 game

UTG+1 raises 5bb, 2 callers

Hero raises 15bb, Button calls, previous 3 add on 10bb for 5 way pot

Flop comes 9 8 3 rainbow, checks to hero, hero checks

Button Jams ~100bb, only mp calls

Hero calls into an almost 300 bb pot with 100bb,

JJ holds over AcKs and 10s10d

thinking back after this hand, should Hero have folded after the mp calls?

Not clear—did you have only 100BB?

Or did you have more behind? In that case, did you cover the MP caller, and consider a reraise? (MP is capping his hand, unless he flopped top set and was trying to lure in another caller.)

Not clear—did you have only 100BB?

Or did you have more behind? In that case, did you cover the MP caller, and consider a reraise? (MP is capping his hand, unless he flopped top set and was trying to lure in another caller.)
MP and I both had around the same stack size, I think he hade covered by around 3bb

With a raise and 2 callers, if be raising to 25bb minimum pre, which would make getting it all in post against 1 or 2 players a no brainer.

pre-flop raise: roundup(5*2.5)+5+5+3+1

So at least $27 preflop but I’d round up to $30 to keep it simple. Button and MP will either call or one will 4bet and at that point you are left with a different decision. If they both call you are getting it all in on a low board if you are first to act. Probably win less than you did playing it as you did but it simplifies the decision making.

would be helpful to know hero effective starting stack in your OP. feel like the hero raise was light pre flop, i agree with 25bb+ there. then, not cbetting that flop texture as the preflop 3 better is weird to me as well. yeah it's multiway, but it's a dynamic flop texture and you could get a ton of value and protection from barreling. as far as calling the jam, once MP called, was he pretty much all in too? I guess I would call this double all in jam hoping to be good at least about 25% of the time, which is 3:1 pot odds, which you had. still have to consider the sets and obvious two pair in MP's range. glad you held!!

also i'm a new member! just giving my honest feedback here, partially as a way to expand my pcf privileges :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
If stacks are only 100BB and guessing this is a typical 1/3 game (OP hasn’t given us any reads or info on villain), I’m making it 25-30BB PF.

Assuming 2 of them call, its an easy bet on the flop. Against one, I think I check here sometimes to give them a chance to bluff their AK or middling pocket pairs.

UTG’s raise is strong but when he just calls the 3!, he shouldn’t have AA/KK/QQ too often I would imagine. On this board, you’re either way behind or way ahead so I think a check against one is best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom