Great Fit Bit Challenge of 2017 - Win Awesome Chips and Get Fit! (2 Viewers)

leo822

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Well after a winter of fantasy football and chipping online I have put on quite a few pounds. I usually gain about 5 over the winter but this year I gained about 20. Totally sucks because I am not used to having a gut and every time the cat comes to sit on me she starts kneading my belly like its a bean bag. wtf. So I thought I would issue the following challenge to those of you that might want to walk/run a little more this Spring. I know if I lay off the carbs and walk about 10k steps a day the weight will come off..it always has before..so here is what I propose.
Great Fit Bit Challenge of 2017
4/24 - 6/12

RULES

An 8 week competition between fellow PCFers who are looking to increase their daily activity. As an incentive everyone will be required to submit a "tribute" of desirable chips or a single chip equaling an amount in value of approx $150

Please only offer something you really would not want to lose. No quantity of small valued chips. Just primo stuff people!

A Fitbit will be necessary and everyone will be linked together to monitor each others progress. A daily average of 10,000 steps will be required to be maintained throughout the duration of the challenge. If for what ever reason a person does not reach the goal of 10,000 steps in one day. He or she will incur 1 penalty point.

If any participant incurs a penalty point that penalty point can be reversed by walking 20,000 steps the following and only the following day. If not the penalty point will stick and count towards their overall total

Any person receiving 3 penalty points will forfeit their tribute to the pool of chips and be eliminated from the competition

At the end of the 60 days. Those players who have less than 3 penalty points or none at all win. They will retain their "tributes" and be eligible for any tributes that have been forfeited.

Distribution of any forfeited tributes will be in order of overall amount of steps during the 60 day period. So the person with the highest amount of steps for the 60 days will have first pick of any of the tributes. The second highest 60 day average will have second pick and so on.

If a person has lost their tribute be incurring 3 penalty points they will have the option to buy their tribute back for $200. This $200 will now be considered their tribute and available to be claimed by the winners at the end of the 60 days.

Hopefully this will encourage those of us that need a push to get more active and also create an opportunity to pick up some sweet chips in the process. If you already walk or run a lot... please do not try to freeroll us. I will need to see selfies of any suspected healthy freerollers! lol

You can buy a Fitbit Flex which is what I use off of eBay for about $40. You need a smartphone and the app as well.

As the official 1st contestant I will be offering the following
Participant __________________Tribute "Eek Worthy"
1.) Leo822 --------------------------------- Mapes Sample Set! $1, $5, $25, $100) :eek:

33993211006_362c04be73_o.jpg

2.) Liftapint --------------------------------- Vineyard $500 chip plus other Vineyard goodness :eek:

34085089605_a3efbe9cfe_q.jpg

3.) Burke --------------------------------- Palais de Congres sampler, Wynn charity sampler, Semi-custom Paulson set sampler ! :eek:

4.) bivey --------------------------------- TBD

Once we have a set number of participants we will list all the fitibit info to get everyone connected.
Thanks and Good Luck!

E​

Last edited:
Great idea (y) :thumbsup: I'd play but I have no chips to offer as tribute (n) :thumbsdown:

Great idea (y) :thumbsup: I'd play but I have no chips to offer as tribute (n) :thumbsdown:

Hmmm.... I think a cash tribute would be ok but it would have to be at an amount to encourage cool chips for tribute instead if possible.

Last edited:
.... a "tribute" of desirable chips or a single chip equaling an amount in value of approx $150

1.) Leo822 --------------------------------- Mapes Sample Set! $1, $5, $25, $100) :eek:

33993211006_362c04be73_o.jpg

Really? Man, am I glad I never caught the Mapes bug!

(OTOH, @k9dr, this might be the time to sell...and retire.) :cool:

Really? Man, am I glad I never caught the Mapes bug!

(OTOH, @k9dr, this might be the time to sell...and retire.) :cool:

It's mainly the Mapes hundo which is over $100 if you can find one. The ones are also around $25 if you can find one.

I'm considering doing this, but what if I prefer my daily workout to include weightlifting instead of jogging - will it translate that motion into steps? If it doesn't then I'd probably be disinclined to join.

Would be great if you did but the weightlifting will not translate into steps on the fitbit. This is more of a couch potato challenge.:)

My tribute chips are going to include a Vineyard $500 chip, and something else Vineyard related (I am not home now, and need to double check what I have available.)

I'm interested. I would probably have to offer up a cash tribute unfortunately (n) :thumbsdown:. Is this still happening though? I need to go get a fitbit tomorrow if so!

If we can get a few more people I would say so. I can always move the start date forward.

OK, I'm in. I'll put up a complete rack of CdN error quarters. It's my green T25 with the 25c label on it. I could easily come up with other options if the masses don't want these. I have plenty of fun trinkets to offer.

Warning, I may run to accumulate steps. I am often severely time constrained and will run to fit steps in. For full disclosure I have been a serious runner. I stopped 18 months ago after a series of life events and have ballooned from 175 to 220 pounds. I'll be using this as a way to jump start my activity again.

I'd be ok with this group sharing my weight or other markers of progress. No regrets! Ready to start in one week!

You're way to active Travis with your Safaris and what not!

I think some rare Sample Sets would be just great if anyone want to offer up some as tributes.

You're way to active Travis with your Safaris and what not!

My fitbit is bipolar. I'm usually at 5,000 steps or 30,000 steps. It's pretty uncommon for me to surpass 10,000 without also going past 20,000.

My fitbit is bipolar. I'm usually at 5,000 steps or 30,000 steps. It's pretty uncommon for me to surpass 10,000 without also going past 20,000.

Well if you're not freerolling us c'mon on and lets see your tribute!

Well if you're not freerolling us c'mon on and lets see your tribute!

I'm confident in my inability to maintain 10,000 steps per day. Unfortunately, I will have to sit this one out :)

Despite start date....got a Fitbit yesterday....going to try to hold myself accountable to 10,000 steps per day starting now!

After seeing this....
I think some rare Sample Sets would be just great if anyone want to offer up some as tributes.

I could offer up a bundle of a Palais de Congres sample set, Wynn charity sample set, and a sample set of a semi-custom Paulson set that I'm currently creating. @Joe E. could probably vouch for coolness factor as he is the only one who has seen it....well also J5 I guess.....and maybe @brains613 now that I think about it. Additionally it will not be offered to the community at large (read: limited) due to availability. I can send a proof of the set to @leo822 and @liftapint to see if it is enough!

My disclosure is that I used to be a college athlete but have been basically a slouch for the past 5-6 years since a medical setback. I can provide pictures if need be! I will also be running to accumulate steps.

I'd be ok with this group sharing my weight or other markers of progress. No regrets! Ready to start in one week!

I echo this! LEEETTTSSSGOOOO!!!!

P.S. other people should join!

I have a side bet already going with Mel and already got a #!)$&^ penalty! Now I have to find time to go walk 20K. Starting a trek to eat lunch which is a few miles away.
I may have overestimated my resolve.....:(

COME GET FREE CHIPS!

My disclosure is that I used to be a college athlete but have been basically a slouch for the past 5-6 years since a medical setback.

We may need a "gut check" lol

I can tell you this. 20k following day after penalty to remove it is NOT easy.

I don't have anything singular worth $150, and don't want to put cash up. Can I join in without a tribute, knowing that I cannot claim any tributes?

As seen in another thread, I am thinking about getting a bike, and biking to work. I am not sure if that would count as steps. I could really use the group though to kick start a healthier routine. I assume you are either joining a closed group, or adding each other as friends.

If not, I still dusted off my fitbit and will be tracking my progress.

Mark

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom