72 Hours of Bagpipes - Wellness Check? (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Okay, ongoing scary story, swear this is true. Unsure of what the next step is, already told wife she's not walking the dog alone anytime soon. Called the non-emergency police line and no answer, might be 9-5 or might just be good ol' Savannah.

There's bagpipes in the backyard. It sounds like something I would make up but its not, there's the same bagpipes & drums song on loop for days straight coming out of one of the houses behind ours. First day? Cool, good music, I like this, feels like a parade.

Second day? Woah, same song, all day. Letting the dog and chasing her around the yard 5 or 6 times a day before walks, still the same song.

Third day, today was the last straw, it was a boat day so I took the pup out at 5:30am and the same tune was blasting, loud enough to clearly hear a few yards over. Came back from the field, 6pm, and heard the same music and decided I had to figure out what was up. I knocked on their front door, no answer. Banged hard on their side door, right next to where the music's playing and where the only light was on (loud enough to be heard over music, I shook the frame), still no answer; they've got motion sensors on this door and a camera in the driveway but nothing, no sign of life, only visible light is the bagpipes room right next to the door. Neighbors that we know say they haven't seen her much lately, we try to call her phone and get nothing, she's a local professor with a husband.

I walk to the front door to knock and I hear electronic, technoish music blasting from the other side of the house. I ring the doorbell, no answer, and knock again, no answer, so I walk back to the neighbors that we know. After some talk I walk back to the front and I completely Donkey Kong knock on the door, huge bams, I'm thinking I was going to find a body in there.

Finally I hear a "Did you hear that? Is someone knocking?" woman's voice, I take a few steps off the porch so I don't spook whoever it is. She opens the door and says hi, I stumble over my words a bit.

I say we're the backyard neighbor, my name's Frank.

"We've heard the same bagpipes song on repeat for days straight, is everything okay?" She's got super wide eyes, horror movie eyes, and smiles and says "Oh yeah, yes, that helps him sleep." and smiles at me like that's just normal.

"Oh okay...is everything okay?"
"Yes, everything's okay."
"aaaaaand Are you okay?"
"yeah everything's good!" And she goes back inside and shuts the door, techno and bagpipes still blasting to this minute. WTF.

Thoughts:

-She just likes the music and I should go fuck myself, even if the same songs been on repeat for 72 hours and its loud bagpipes.
-She's covering up some other noises, husband tied up? Screams?!
- She killed him and is in a psychotic state where she believes he's sleeping, or if the music stops he wakes up?! No idea.
-Big question: WHO WAS SHE TALKING TO? Husband that was "sleeping" with the tunes on? Herself? A cat? No dogs in the house and only one car out front.

Bottom line is, the man who's apparently using the bagpipes to sleep has been doing so in a lit room for 72 hours straight and not responding to me banging on the door he's supposedly right next to. Definitely unsettling to have this 20 ft from my backdoor. I absolutely love the bagpipes but if this ends up being part of a crime podcast its gonna ruin that particular tune.

41Ya5S3eENL._AC_.jpg

Are your neighbors older? I know people who are older and they BLAST EVERYTHING ON HIGH VOLUME but don't realize they're blaring it so loud. The 72 hours of non stop bagpipe action is a bit unnerving...

Are your neighbors older? I know people who are older and they BLAST EVERYTHING ON HIGH VOLUME but don't realize they're blaring it so loud. The 72 hours of non stop bagpipe action is a bit unnerving...
NOPE, early 40s professor and husband. First thought was that an old lassie put the pipes on and fell while making tea, but doesnt seem to be the case.

Hopefully you can still hear it; its not blasting, but its loud enough that you can hear it anywhere in my yard, 40 feet away. Its louder than what the recording makes it out to be because we're outside and my phones not great but its definitely there. Same loop. Thats the only light on in the entire house.

Hopefully you can still hear it; its not blasting, but its loud enough that you can hear it anywhere in my yard, 40 feet away. Its louder than what the recording makes it out to be because we're outside and my phones not great but its definitely there. Same loop. Thats the only light on in the entire house.
STOP ZOOMING IN LIKE THAT! I half expected her face to pop into the window with her horror eyes shouting "THE LAB'S NOT FINISHED!!!!!"

Ok, now I'm getting freaked out.

I can’t hear shit lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom