72 Hours of Bagpipes - Wellness Check? (3 Viewers)

Aiiight, nothing too exciting. Light is off, pipe music is still on. This was from the neighbor that I know; we tried to call her at around 8 or 9 when I went over, and got this message today.

20240210_124040.jpg

Messages are bizarre. "Hey a neighbor heard the same song on repeat for days and was worried."
"Oh, glad he was worried. I'm fine."

NO MENTION OF THE BAGPIPES.

Few cops were around the corner handling a different dispute and I mentioned the nonemergency line not picking up (tried 3 numbers last night) and then told me the people just seem weird, there's nothing they can do. Call late at night when the music is still going so they have an excuse to knock....that's what I tried to do last night but oh well!

Will update when I know, but was definitely spooked last night. Slept with the self defense implement one number away from unlocked.

I'd call in a noise complaint tonight to see what happens. If you can't get through the nonemergency line, 911 for a wellness check and describe what you posted already, from the dodgy behavior of the woman to the same music on repeat.

Following!

I once had a city apartment which backed onto an airshaft, with several apartments facing onto it.

After I rented the place, I learned the hard way that there was someone across the airshaft who would practice bagpipes 2-3 times per week.

I did not renew my lease when it ran out.

Retaliate with your favorite accordion music!
The music isn't bugging me, its quiet enough to not hear in the house, but the loop and her responses are very unnerving.

Why am I still suspicious that this is going to end with a punchline making us all feel like suckers?
Because you're projecting lol, I don't know what to tell you. Chances are we'll never get closure, Im not going to breakin to check for clues, but the music is still playing.

The music isn't bugging me, its quiet enough to not hear in the house, but the loop and her responses are very unnerving.

Because you're projecting lol, I don't know what to tell you. Chances are we'll never get closure, Im not going to breakin to check for clues, but the music is still playing.
Weirdest stuff I've heard in awhile that's for sure

Frank, this is gonna be fun, but only if you’re committed….

Reconnoitering is one of my specialties, so, let’s do this…

1: Try the befriend approach. Carry a cardboard box with some random Amazon thing in it, to her front door with a fake label, her address, and say it was delivered wrongly to your door, it’s heavy, and you can bring it in for her…. Sell it with a smile, If she puts up a massive and quick response to you not entering, this is useful information.

• Should this work, once inside, keep your eyes on her, as you might end up being her next victim, and tied up to her “sleeping husband” This won’t be fun. He’s probably stinky and has started the juicing process. Not fun.
• Have your cell phone on FaceTime with your wife, and have your wife screen recording the entire thing. These moments are crucial if this goes sideways and she turns out to be a TZ agency asset and you get “transferred”

2: If not let in, and told no thanks and doors closed…. This is where you periscope windows and borescope avenues of sight open to outside view. This sound like peeping Tom level shenanigans, but you must be committed. Reconnaissance requires nerves, find them. Use the day to catalog access points and areas of interest, and the night to execute. Mind light discipline here, if she’s good, she’s always watching.

3: Let’s assume the worst. The old lady has a dead husband in there and has snapped. You’re now in the shadow realms between dick Tracy & John Wick. Be prepared to take either direction. You’re quite possibly making a grave decision approaching this situation with such curiosity, or a hero call as the husband could still be alive and hoping for a neighbor rescue.

If you’ve made it this far, you’ve shown the desire to achieve great things, or at least read a bunch of dumb advice.

Either way, have fun with it…. You have my attention, watching…..

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

@louBdub you absolute nut. I dont have my CC, 0 chance I'm walking into this lady's house to get Buffalo Bill'd.

Friend works for the Uni, so we've got a full name on the neighbor. Very creepy seeing a normal picture of her after seeing her in the dark by flashlight with the 'it helps him sleep' thing.

Bagpipes still playing.

Last edited:
Any updates?
Sadly, no! Lowered the sound but still playing. Police weren't interested in checking it out, and the neighbor hasn't reported anything more. She now opens and closes that window as it warms up, some day maybe she'll forget to pull the blind down and we'll see him tied up but until then, its a mystery. Who knows, maybe she blows her house up on Valentine's Day and I get out of having to make scallops, we'll see.

Putting out other fires in life right now and can't stake it out, but fixed and secured the locks and made sure wife remembers how to unlock/use the self defense friend for when I head out of the state next week.

Good God, they turned it up for Valentine's Day. Bagpipes on one side of the house, blasting techno on the other, my yard shakes from the bass. This is bananas!
If the police won’t do anything is there a noise complaint unit at the local authority? We have them in the UK.

The other alternative is to fight fire with fire and set up a PA system pointed at the house. I’ve done this in the past. Played the theme from Dallas over and over until they got the idea.

If the police won’t do anything is there a noise complaint unit at the local authority? We have them in the UK.

The other alternative is to fight fire with fire and set up a PA system pointed at the house. I’ve done this in the past. Played the theme from Dallas over and over until they got the idea.
1. Police are our local authority, I might call again but last time they told me nothing would come of it other than lowering the music. I dont mind the tunes too much, cant hear them inside, but its just creepy!
2. I'd lose. This house is bricked up and they've already got two dramatically different music types going, no shot a 3rd type will phase them lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom