PCF NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge 2023! (3 Viewers)

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
The best time of year is (almost) here!

That's right... the NHL playoffs, and with them, the PCF Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge! :)

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 12.35.22.png

Will Boston continue to beat everyone in the NHL like a rented mule?

Will Colorado overcome their injuries and repeat as Champs?

Will Connor McDavid & Leon Draisaitl continue to make NHL defenders look like they belong in peewee league?

Will Toronto win a round of playoff hockey for the first time since 1832??

---------------------------------------------------------

Indicate your interest in the thread below and I'll send out an invite to a PCF bracket as soon as the playoff match-ups are set (last games of the season are TONIGHT!) First playoff games begin Monday, so we'll have to be quick!

WAGER: For simplicity's sake, let's do the same as last year - $20 USD wager per person.

EDITED PAYOUT:
As we have a lot more participants that past years, it was suggested that we adjust the payout accordingly, which I'm in complete agreement with.

If nobody objects, we'll change the payout structure to the following:

70/30 if we get 10-19 teams
60/25/15 if we get 20+

Would look like follows in terms of payouts currently:

15 teams: $210/$90
16 teams: $224/$96
17 teams: $238/$102
18 teams: $252/$108
19 teams: $266/$114
20 teams: $260/$100/$40

Tagging participants from previous seasons:
@AK Chip (our reigning Champ!)
@Saintfoo
@AlbinoDragon
@k9dr
@Forty4
@Phish1321
@Jonesey07
@krafticus
@Mike Wells
@longflop
@1A25R
@Zmasterben
@hdgeno
@Hot Nuts
@Lash
@WedgeRock
@Kain8
@JMC9389
@allforcharity

If I missed anyone, or you know anyone else who should be in on this, please just tag them!

Last edited:
Always the right place for that! YES! YES! YES!
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I just want to see the Oilers do well. I don’t know what I’ll do if the make the SCF but I’d definitely be looking for a way to fly over and catch a couple games!

I think picking a clear favourite outside of Boston is a real crapshoot this year though. So many good teams. The East is stacked and the top Western Conference teams have all been on absolute fire the second half of the year. Gonna make for great viewing hopefully!

I'm in. Is there a prize for worst overall bracket?

If I pick like I did for March Madness, I'd take worst bracket down easily. All of the red xs reminded me of my calculus based physics exams. Just pick opposite of what I pick.

Nah, I am not going to fill out a bracket. I will jinx the hell out of the Hurricanes. I sweated last nights game against Florida to win the division.

images

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I just want to see the Oilers do well. I don’t know what I’ll do if the make the SCF but I’d definitely be looking for a way to fly over and catch a couple games!

I think picking a clear favourite outside of Boston is a real crapshoot this year though. So many good teams. The East is stacked and the top Western Conference teams have all been on absolute fire the second half of the year. Gonna make for great viewing hopefully!
Boston is losing to Florida. Same way Columbus shockingly swept Tampa in 2019. No one expected it as Tampa was a juggernaut in the regular season that year.

Boston is losing to Florida. Same way Columbus shockingly swept Tampa in 2019. No one expected it as Tampa was a juggernaut in the regular season that year.
It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Boston swept Florida or if Florida upsets. That’s what makes the playoffs exciting, especially when I don’t care which team wins or loses! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Will Toronto win a round of playoff hockey for the first time since 1832??

Either @k9dr or myself have to endure watching a 2nd round against the colossus of Boston unless the Panthers sever the ACLs of Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, and BOTH of their bonkers goalies. Honestly a 1st round exit is so immaterial with what is awaiting you after. But the road to a championship is always laden with thorns.

Either @k9dr or myself have to endure watching a 2nd round against the colossus of Boston unless the Panthers sever the ACLs of Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, and BOTH of their bonkers goalies. Honestly a 1st round exit is so immaterial with what is awaiting you after. But the road to a championship is always laden with thorns.
Just think, it could always be worse! You could be a Flames fan.

The Avalanche look good, but are definitely beatable with Landeskog out for the entire playoffs. Good thing Georgiev is playing at his peak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom