72 Hours of Bagpipes - Wellness Check? (4 Viewers)

Just a shot in the dark: does he have a type of sleeping disorder? No wonder he didn't want to play for you guys, he'd pass right out.
THIS IS A REAL PERSON HIS NAME IS MATT AND HE CAN BE VERIFIED. ITS NOT SOME SICK JOKE.

@Darson @TX_Golf_N_Poker @etc tell him Matt is real and plays bagpipes.

THIS IS A REAL PERSON HIS NAME IS MATT AND HE CAN BE VERIFIED. ITS NOT SOME SICK JOKE.

LOL I'm sorry! I hope he's well, publish or die is an intense pressure and its real. Thought it was an elaborate joke. We used to pay a man to come and play for our highland games each year. He wouldn't tell us what he did when he wasn't bagpiping, just knew that he was damn good at playing and liked Proper-12, McGregor's shitty whiskey. Brought his son to play the bodhran once, he too was mysterious.

LOL I'm sorry! I hope he's well, publish or die is an intense pressure and its real. Thought it was an elaborate joke. We used to pay a man to come and play for our highland games each year. He wouldn't tell us what he did when he wasn't bagpiping, just knew that he was damn good at playing and liked Proper-12, McGregor's shitty whiskey. Brought his son to play the bodhran once, he too was mysterious.
It was 25% a joke. I'll let you wonder which 25% forever.

Why the fox did you just make me waste my time reading a thread about someone playing bagpipes? I have better things to do with my time like licking cards and wiping my hands on the rail.

Always a pleasure! I'm just annoyed I didn't think to tag you myself, oversight for sure.
Don’t mind me, just a grumpy old man who doesn’t like change.

ESPN used to pull in commentary on events and games real time, then cut every other provider out and moved to “premium” options. Reddit used to be a bastion of socially engineered news and updates. PCF used to be entertaining.

Nowadays I gotta find something new to take a look at when I use the restroom (aka hide from children).

Haven’t seen this thread until now. So many questions…

OP:
-so the wife is confirmed to be going to work; any idea about the husband?
-You mentioned a “car” leaving during the day - does the household have 1 car or two cars? If 2, are both cars leaving?
-Has the dueling music happened before or is this completely new?
-Is anyone in the neighborhood friends with the husband enough to shoot him a text?
-If there’s loud techno music playing every night, how is that not enough for a noise complaint?
-When you stopped by to check, was there any sense of who she was talking to when she said someone’s knocking? Guessing husband, but you mentioned wife seemed spooked.
-The neighbor who received the text, anyway he/she can ask them to turn the techno down?

This thread was started in February, and if the house hasn’t made the news yet, I’d guess the husband hasn’t been murdered.

Based on all the info. provided, I’m going to guess some weird cult or sex club thing. Following now for the conclusion to the story.

I’m not a big horror movie person but this reminds of the movie Disturbia.

Are you sure it was a woman?

1710211439879.jpeg

Haven’t seen this thread until now. So many questions…

OP:
-so the wife is confirmed to be going to work; any idea about the husband?
-You mentioned a “car” leaving during the day - does the household have 1 car or two cars? If 2, are both cars leaving?
-Has the dueling music happened before or is this completely new?
-Is anyone in the neighborhood friends with the husband enough to shoot him a text?
-If there’s loud techno music playing every night, how is that not enough for a noise complaint?
-When you stopped by to check, was there any sense of who she was talking to when she said someone’s knocking? Guessing husband, but you mentioned wife seemed spooked.
-The neighbor who received the text, anyway he/she can ask them to turn the techno down?

This thread was started in February, and if the house hasn’t made the news yet, I’d guess the husband hasn’t been murdered.

Based on all the info. provided, I’m going to guess some weird cult or sex club thing. Following now for the conclusion to the story.

I’m not a big horror movie person but this reminds of the movie Disturbia.
AIGHT.

1. No idea about husband, we knew he moved in with her and didn't own a car, haven't seen him since January. This isn't ridiculous, he could've left, but she doesn't live with anyone else and we've heard her talking and then referring to "him" sleeping. MYSTERY.
2. 1 car
3. Music cacaphony is new since February. Haven't heard a peep otherwise for 8+ months. No music, no parties, no guests.
4. No one knows him, she barely talked to anyone before this.
5. I've reached out about a wellness check when its been after 11, but Savannah is a busy place. I don't hear it in my house. Its not loud enough to affect my life until I go in my backyard. Neighbors on the other side don't love the civil servants but feel the bass more than I do.
6. NOPE, THAT'S PART OF THE MYSTERY. Guessing its husband too, but she yelled over the two types of music to him...when he was supposedly trying to sleep.
7. They probably can, I'll talk to them more when the husband gets back from work, normal neighbor wife is very conflict adverse.

No news yet, and the percentage that it wasn't a psychotic break and a murder has gone down lol. Hoping for some type of explanation but probably will not come. Definitely Disturbia vibes. Forgot this thread existed until I lit a cigar today and had time to enjoy some nice bagpipes.

The pipes are kind of fitting tonight. St Patricks in Savannah in less than a week, big anniversary, a million people expected in town.

This lady's husband ain't one of them, I can tell you that for free.
View attachment 1290816
I’m lost here. What have bagpipes got to do with St. Patrick’s day?

In other news, for those who think that there must be some sex club going on, I can 100% confirm that bagpipe music is not an aphrodisiac :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’m lost here. What have bagpipes got to do with St. Patrick’s day?

In other news, for those who think that there must be some sex club going on, I can 100% confirm that bagpipe music is not an aphrodisiac :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Internationally correct or not, they were played at every parade growing up, can't have one without them. Earth-shaking parade coming up on Saturday.

Agreed, I'll stick to Enya for that.

@louBdub you absolute nut. I dont have my CC, 0 chance I'm walking into this lady's house to get Buffalo Bill'd.

Friend works for the Uni, so we've got a full name on the neighbor. Very creepy seeing a normal picture of her after seeing her in the dark by flashlight with the 'it helps him sleep' thing.

Bagpipes still playing.
Just now working my way through this. Crazy.

Anyway, had to comment here. I just checked and you don't need a permit in GA. They are constitutional carry now.

Edit - forgot to mention. Did you even ask her to turn it down a bit when you spoke to her? Seems like that would be perfectly reasonable.

Internationally correct or not, they were played at every parade growing up, can't have one without them. Earth-shaking parade coming up on Saturday.

Agreed, I'll stick to Enya for that.
America is weird :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: That makes no sense to me but as long as everyone gets drunk and has a good time that’s the main thing.

Just now working my way through this. Crazy.

Anyway, had to comment here. I just checked and you don't need a permit in GA. They are constitutional carry now.

Edit - forgot to mention. Did you even ask her to turn it down a bit when you spoke to her? Seems like that would be perfectly reasonable.
Nope, was too offput honestly. Dont know what I expected but 'helps him sleep' wasnt it. I should have asked that or some other followup questions for sure! In the dark, on her lawn, and the music was much louder with her door open.

The music doesnt actually bother me too much, its just very weird to hear it on loop like that. That first night I was on edge because it had just started and I was leaving town, didnt want any weirdness to escalate. Now its just an oddity we live with lol.

I have to know, is the music still going?
Yes. It's intermittent now, sometimes it'll go quiet for a day or two but then come back, louder or quieter. Definitely less disturbing than the blasting of that + techno for 72 hours, but still odd. Just a neighborhood quirk. Pretty dark story, elderly woman that lived in front of them passed and her kids cleaned her house out onto the front lawn, including what was a ton of unknown protein from a freezer chest, letting it thaw out on the curb (horrible, gross decision, wow. I feel for them in their time of mourning but you could barely walk down that street). Woke up to bagpipes AND the smell of rotting meat, and had to go walk around the block to make sure it wasn't coming from the piper's house.

But another boat day on Saturday and I heard the same exact bagpipe recording at 4:30am from my back porch. The next door neighbors hear it more than I do and they haven't done anymore wellness checks, so oh well! Husband still has not been seen, and techno still gets blasted half the nights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom