PCF Powerball Pool for Monday October 9th, 2023 (3 Viewers)

Cool idea.

It seems from the comments you've done this before. So I assume you've worked out the details of what happens in the event of a win.

Are you setting up a trust to claim the prize? Or do you intend to claim the prize as an individual? Have you disclosed who you are in real life? How will we know if you've (i.e. the pool) won anything aside from your word?

(OP, I don't know you at all and I can't recall any interactions we've had - so please don't take this as an attack on your integrity.)

What's to stop you from purchasing drawings independent from the pool - in which case if you won you could claim the entire prize yourself regardless of whether the winning ticket was purchased from pool funds or by you personally?

I guess to put it another way, what safeguards are in place to keep the pool participants from getting screwed?

It's be cool if @Hornet or @upNdown could chime in with their legal perspective.
Be Happy Rick And Morty GIF by Mashed

That was my preference as well but my wife drives the vehicle too and wasn’t on board with that concept. Maybe one day…
Oh, by the way the shifter seems to lean, it looked like it was a manual.

Couple years back I had to get rid of my 2005 Volvo V70R (6-speed manual turbo) after it needed way too much work than it was worth. It killed me to give that baby up. Was the best car I ever owned, by far! I bought a new V90 R-design to replace it (which I lost five moths later to Hurricane Ida) but sadly they no longer offered manual in the US even by custom order. "progress" they call it. :cry:

Oh, by the way the shifter seems to lean, it looked like it was a manual.

Couple years back I had to get rid of my 2005 Volvo V70R (6-speed manual turbo) after it needed way too much work than it was worth. It killed me to give that baby up. Was the best car I ever owned, by far! I bought a new V90 R-design to replace it (which I lost five moths later to Hurricane Ida) but sadly they no longer offered manual in the US even by custom order. "progress" they call it. :cry:
Having a manual is a modern day anti-theft device! I love Volvos, they have so much character. “Progress” is often a disguise for other things like cheaper production, etc.

setting a maximum number of particip
This is a PCF Powerball Pool for drawing on Monday, Oct 9th, 2023. All numbers on lines will be randomized at ticket counter. Each participating PCF member will be displayed below, as well as their amount purchased. All lines on all tickets, including date and time of purchase, will be shared in pm immediately after the final purchase, which is planned for late afternoon on the 9th.

Pool Captain: @ChipMonster

TO PLAY: Each participant must purchase at least 1 line ($2 worth). I’m not setting a maximum number of participants, but maximum per person is $40 and I am going to cap the pool at $1,000.

Venmo or Paypal accepted (info shared via pm). Please post your interest below, with the amount of lines, and send me a pm.

Winnings Rules:

If total pool winnings are greater than or equal to ten times the total overall investment (note, this would include the pool winning the jackpot), the winnings will be distributed according to each member’s percentage of the overall investment amount, (and thus *NOT* an equal payout regardless of initial investment amount). e.g. if you invest $10 and the total pool investment is $500, you would receive 2% of the winnings. If you invest $20 and the total pool investment is $500, you would receive 4% of the winnings, and so on.

If jackpot isn’t hit and total pool winnings are less than ten times the total pool investment, the winnings will be reinvested into tickets for the next drawing, the same weighted percentage rules applied.

If the jackpot is hit, but not by the pool, and the total winnings are over $100, the winnings will distributed according to each member’s percentage of the overall investment amount.

Winnings $99 or less will be payed out to a random pool participant (one day after drawing). Pool captain will not participate in <$99 random drawing.

If the pool hits the jackpot, the cash option is being exercised. Any manditory inital taxes or fees that cannot be distributed down to the individual pool members will be subtracted from the winnings prior to distribution.

Deadline: Please post in thread and send payment by 12:00pm (noon) CT Monday Oct 9th.

Other Minor Details:
• DO NOT send money with comments containing: PCF, Pool, Powerball
• DO send your PCF username in the payment or DM me what your paypal/venmo handle is
• Ticket purchase will be purchased in Illinois.
• Pool participants agree to provide name, etc. if mandatory to receive winnings under state/U.S. rules
• Must be U.S. citizen and U.S. based
• I, as pool captain, retain sole authority to make decisions, handle disputes, etc. in the spirit of and best interests of the of the pool and its members. In the event the pool hits the jackpot, the pool captain will retain an attorney of his choosing to represent the interests of the pool and its participants. The market rate, hourly attorney fees will be subtracted from pool. Participants in the pool agree not to interfere in the redemption or distribution process performed by the pool captain and pool attorney, according to the distribution procedures outlined above.
this is really cool!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom