PCF NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge 2023! (2 Viewers)

I love Burns, but that cost us, only 13 secs left. 6th longest game ever. At home, I'd hoped we'd win that one. Gotta win on Sat. Hoping I get to see it in Mexico.

Great game last night. I couldn't stay awake to finish it unfortunately but was not expecting 4 complete overtimes.
Screenshot_20230519-063339.png

View attachment 1137359

:LOL: :laugh:

Who next to move? Marner?
Should be Matthews if they have the balls. Him coming out saying he wants to stay is lip service. He's leaving next summer. Best to get something for him now. They're stuck with Tavares. Nylander is easiest to move but was their best player this year. Marner is movable but will need cap retention to open up his suitors.

Should be Matthews if they have the balls. Him coming out saying he wants to stay is lip service. He's leaving next summer. Best to get something for him now. They're stuck with Tavares. Nylander is easiest to move but was their best player this year. Marner is movable but will need cap retention to open up his suitors.
I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just not sure if they have the balls to do that.

I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just not sure if they have the balls to do that.
The other thing to consider is who else is looking to make changes. I can see Chicago looking to make a splash and going for a quick turnaround in winning the Bedard sweepstakes. Lots of other teams that would look to make changes however are either lacking cap space or have NMC's up the wazoo so that even if they wanted to make changes, they can't (NYR). The list of who can take on a Matthews or Marner cap hit is short.

The other thing to consider is who else is looking to make changes. I can see Chicago looking to make a splash and going for a quick turnaround in winning the Bedard sweepstakes. Lots of other teams that would look to make changes however are either lacking cap space or have NMC's up the wazoo so that even if they wanted to make changes, they can't (NYR). The list of who can take on a Matthews or Marner cap hit is short.
Lol, we probably could, though we have contracts to sign ourself and trading between the Sabres and Leafs has basically been non-existent since we're just down the road. I hope whoever they trade goes out west. Would be hilarious if they trade Matthews to Arizona, I'm sure they could fit him in. Half of their salary was taken up by doods who don't even play anymore lol.

Lol, we probably could, though we have contracts to sign ourself and trading between the Sabres and Leafs has basically been non-existent since we're just down the road. I hope whoever they trade goes out west. Would be hilarious if they trade Matthews to Arizona, I'm sure they could fit him in. Half of their salary was taken up by doods who don't even play anymore lol.
I can see Matthews signing there if they get a new arena deal that will keep the team there past this coming season. He's originally from the area and his whole family is still there.

Buffalo would do well to acquire a RHD for their second pair. They're making the playoffs next year if Levi's play to end the season proves not to be an anomaly. I like Buffalo's forward depth and team composition otherwise. 2nd pair RHD and goalie were the only major issues. Looks like the latter is taken care of. Can we interest you in a barely used Jacob Trouba?

Amazingly, I think that is it and we haven't even set the finals. Total rockfight this year. Complete Chaos!

I love Burns, but that cost us, only 13 secs left. 6th longest game ever. At home, I'd hoped we'd win that one. Gotta win on Sat. Hoping I get to see it in Mexico.
Love Burnsie when he played for us (Sharks), but having both him and Karlsson making boneheaded defensive plays really was rough when they were together.

Nonetheless, the biggest mistake for my team was giving up Pavelski. Good lord, what a playoff for him.

Unbelievably, not a single person on here had either Vegas or Florida in the Finals. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Congrats to @longflop on taking down the Championship and to @krafticus on his Florida-esque 2nd place.

In the end, it looks like we had 18 registered teams for $360. Winnings will be split 70/30 ($252/$108)

Winners, please share your PP info with the rest of us. If it works for @longflop, easiest might be for everyone to just send you their $20 and you send @krafticus his share ($88)?

Everyone else, please send over your $20 as soon as possible:
@AK Chip
@Saintfoo
@AlbinoDragon
@k9dr
@Forty4
@Phish1321
@Jonesey07
@krafticus
@Mike Wells
@longflop
@1A25R
@Zmasterben
@hdgeno
@Hot Nuts
@Lash
@WedgeRock
@Kain8
@JMC9389
@allforcharity

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 08.28.52.png
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 08.29.06.png
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 08.29.14.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 08.28.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 08.28.52.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 30
Nice win longflop.

I believe I was team #4 with the Islanders winning the cup. Horvat just didn't come through for me. My bracket never seem to cooperate, couldn't get my name in there or anything. Not too sure how I ranked so high considering my West picks were a complete bust.

Untitled.jpg

Ummm….does this mean I never actually registered properly? I thought I did…

Regardless, I’ll still pay…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom