**exclusive offer** kings playing cards. Reopened until July!! Read thread for details. Post #224 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the humidity from shipping in a transcontinental journey made the cards warp. I know it was really humid on the east coast of the US this past week. I didn't open any bridge size cards from this batch, but the two decks I got from a previous batch had no issues at all.
If I had to guess I'd say its a QC issue more than a heat issue. Because my poker size decks are perfect, but the bridge are not. One thing of note, the box for my bridge decks is very snug on the cards, I doubt that caused the issue but it might be possible when they were put in the box it warped or damaged them in some way? Not sure if they're boxed by machine or by hand. I assume machine. The box for the poker size seems loser and easier to put the cards into.

Other than the warping issue. I think the cards are great. Love the texture. They shuffle well. I don't care for the back on the Poker size. I love the back on the bridge size. If I could get that back on the poker size that would be magnificent. I'll have to play with them more to compare them to the other decks I've handled recently. The cost to quality ratio is high on these. A lot of quality for a very reasonable price.

I had similar issues with the bridge size decks I bought....oddly, it was basically only the hearts in each deck...is it the hearts in that deck that are the issue, too??
Yes, I’ve got two bridge decks, both warped. And the hearts seem to have it the worst in each deck.
These are manufacturing defects - not a heat or humidity thing.

Got my cards in todays mail. Thanks to all that organized and helped!

I opened one of my bridge decks (green) and they were perfect. Not warped. I probably won't open the others until they are put in play. Sorry that others had problems.

After reading all this I checked my decks and im seeing it on some of the Hearts in both decks. It’s faint but it’s there. I don’t think many will notice but it is starting to eat at me.

these are both of my decks, both slight warping of the hearts. The one picture with two decks to compare it; you can see the one deck is completely perfect, no warping; that’s a Copag deck being held with the Kings deck. You can see the diff between the two. The last pic i separated the hearts from the rest of the deck and you can clearly see a diff. I think these cards are great, minis this issue with the hearts in the deck.

Attachments

• 7EF80571-4241-43D7-B071-C132EEECA8EB.jpeg
    7EF80571-4241-43D7-B071-C132EEECA8EB.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 2FD801F8-440C-4ABC-98ED-220E903AE1A7.jpeg
    2FD801F8-440C-4ABC-98ED-220E903AE1A7.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 88
  • D7564D1C-48E3-4288-A9BC-0AEC369799B6.jpeg
    D7564D1C-48E3-4288-A9BC-0AEC369799B6.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Got ours late last night, just opened a deck.

Haven’t looked closely for the warping issue yet, overall pleased with the cards. Some of the blockier number fonts remind me of Copag, which is a slight negative in my book. Feel is somewhere between Design Classic Culture(the OG versions, not sure if card stock is still the same) and the Design run that Modiano screwed up.

Wish they had Euro style creme colored centers although I wish all bridge/jumbo cards featured this.

Thanks for offering these up @xdan and to @hoosierdonny for reshipping :tup:

I’m trying to sort replacements at least.
I’ll keep you updated
It's without a doubt the hearts on the bridge size cards. For me personally it's worse on the brown decks than the green. Must have just been a bad stock.

Am I the only one who noticed the strong smell from these cards?
Just took a sniff. Yes there’s an odor, but I didn’t notice it yesterday. And I had just opened a box of bicycle prestige the day before and totally noticed their odor.
TL;DR - moderate odor

Is the odor related to the warping/damage?
I think it’s pretty clear, since we’re seeing a concentration in warping in the hearts of both bridge decks, that it is a manufacturing defect. If there could be some correlation between that defect and a normalish odor, I can’t imagine it. But I’m all ears.

Just got my shipment in today. It is definitely the hearts that are warped. It is extremely noticeable on the green deck than on the brown.
20200817_125228.jpg
20200817_125255.jpg
20200817_125637.jpg
20200817_125515.jpg
20200817_125502.jpg

Got my cards! Thanks!

Unfortunately, warping on the green bridge deck. I haven't opened the brown yet.

Warping was most evident on the 6H to the JH. 8-9-10 are the worst. I removed those and the deck looked pretty good. Put them back in and shuffled, and placing the deck on the table on the long edge, I could easily see where each of those cards were in the deck.

Maybe to make it not so costly the manufacturer can just replace the hearts in each deck? That would also cut down on reshipping costs.

Got my cards! Thanks!

Unfortunately, warping on the green bridge deck. I haven't opened the brown yet.

Warping was most evident on the 6H to the JH. 8-9-10 are the worst. I removed those and the deck looked pretty good. Put them back in and shuffled, and placing the deck on the table on the long edge, I could easily see where each of those cards were in the deck.

Maybe to make it not so costly the manufacturer can just replace the hearts in each deck? That would also cut down on reshipping costs.
I totally agree with what you said about the hearts, but I'm pretty sure there was some warping on a few other cards as well? Maybe some of whatever suit was on top? I'll take another look tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom