**exclusive offer** kings playing cards. Reopened until July!! Read thread for details. Post #224 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my cards! Thanks!

Unfortunately, warping on the green bridge deck. I haven't opened the brown yet.

Warping was most evident on the 6H to the JH. 8-9-10 are the worst. I removed those and the deck looked pretty good. Put them back in and shuffled, and placing the deck on the table on the long edge, I could easily see where each of those cards were in the deck.

Maybe to make it not so costly the manufacturer can just replace the hearts in each deck? That would also cut down on reshipping costs.
Asking them to replace just hearts is harder than you think. Usually card manufacturers prints the whole deck on one sheet and then cut it. Probably be easier to replace the whole deck.

Can I ask that those who are experiencing warping to send me a PM.
I will endeavour to work with poker shop to get this rectified.

Asking them to replace just hearts is harder than you think. Usually card manufacturers prints the whole deck on one sheet and then cut it. Probably be easier to replace the whole deck.
Not at all harder than I think. I don't care if they manufacture the whole deck. I'm just saying given that these come from half way around the world, they could reduce the shipping costs by only sending the hearts. As long as there is no issue with cards from different print runs not matching up. Unless they are going to ask us to ship the damaged decks back to them, which I doubt.

My package says it’s delayed. Arrived in Md on the 13th. Sigh...
Some things are really taking horribly long. I have a package from Canada that left SF on the 12th with no update since then. The major distribution centers in the big cities are really being hammered. They're taking the automated sorting machines out of these distribution centers and are making everything to be sorted by hand.

I got my cards. They feel buttery smooth. They are nicely textured. I have the red and blue Monarch poker sized and both decks have no warping or miss-aligned cards. They are great. Thanks again for the group buy!

Dan is definitely involved and working on rectifying any issues anyone has...
I’m not holding my breath and I’m not blaming Dan either. But if I’m King, I’m saying “send us the cards that you bought from us, Dan, and we’ll send you replacements.”
Because that’s how warranties work,
And frankly, I’m not interested in paying to re-ship these things to and from Dan again. And I certainly don’t expect Dan to pay it, if this was a not for profit group buy.
Win some, lose some.

I’m not holding my breath and I’m not blaming Dan either. But if I’m King, I’m saying “send us the cards that you bought from us, Dan, and we’ll send you replacements.”
Because that’s how warranties work,
And frankly, I’m not interested in paying to re-ship these things to and from Dan again. And I certainly don’t expect Dan to pay it, if this was a not for profit group buy.
Win some, lose some.
Well I could be wrong, but I'll be surprised if those with warped cards are not at least reimbursed...personally, I'd rather have the cards replaced as I really love playing with them...but I don't know if that's an option...have faith, brother!!

Opened a few decks and same issue with the hearts on the bridge size just FYI
DC4EF9A1-F781-4319-8149-295FC1309860.jpeg

My package in stuck in Red Stick (Baton Rouge). As far as I’m concerned we’re on schedule since I really forgot about this. I’m just glad no one forgot to ship to me lol.

Just curious - it's been a week since we last heard anything? I'm new here to the board but I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth over this whole experience with these cards. Is the supplier not responding? Do I chalk this up as a lost $20?

Just curious - it's been a week since we last heard anything? I'm new here to the board but I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth over this whole experience with these cards. Is the supplier not responding? Do I chalk this up as a lost $20?
I just look at it this way - Are the cards perfect? No. Could I put them into play? Probably. Shuffled up I don’t know that anyone could peg this card or that one as heart. I’m not playing with Phil Ivey here.

I just wouldn’t buy them again if King isn’t going to back up their product. Maybe it’s not worth it for them since they don’t even sell to the US afiak. Don’t feel like I’m out any money or anything like that. Still pretty sweet that @xdan and @Geremie and others got this all together so we could give the cards a try.

agreed. again, since this is my first experience, thought it was gonna go a lot smoother. I definitely get you in that I'd probably not buy/recommend Kings cards in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom