**exclusive offer** kings playing cards. Reopened until July!! Read thread for details. Post #224 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wouldn’t buy them again if King isn’t going to back up their product.
I definitely get you in that I'd probably not buy/recommend Kings cards in the future.
I won't be so harsh. I assume they don't sell to North America. So they got a guy who purchased them in australia, then sold them and shipped them around the world. I'm sure that breaks the language of their warranty agreement right there. So they're not obligated to do anything. You expect them to be stand up guys and back their product? Maybe. As I said earlier, if I were them, I'd tell the guy who bought them from me in australia "you ship me all the defective decks, and I'll ship replacements back to you." Why should they do it any other way - they don't want to receive single decks from every tom dick and harry on the other 6 continents, and have to do the accounting to math them up to this order. And they certainly shouldn't pay to ship the replacements back to every tom dick and harry in the world, because that's not how they do business - they do business in Australia.
So no, I won'[t hold it against King if they don't make this right, because I didn't do business with them. I bought my cards from some guy in an ally.

I won't be so harsh. I assume they don't sell to North America. So they got a guy who purchased them in australia, then sold them and shipped them around the world. I'm sure that breaks the language of their warranty agreement right there. So they're not obligated to do anything. You expect them to be stand up guys and back their product? Maybe. As I said earlier, if I were them, I'd tell the guy who bought them from me in australia "you ship me all the defective decks, and I'll ship replacements back to you." Why should they do it any other way - they don't want to receive single decks from every tom dick and harry on the other 6 continents, and have to do the accounting to math them up to this order. And they certainly shouldn't pay to ship the replacements back to every tom dick and harry in the world, because that's not how they do business - they do business in Australia.
So no, I won'[t hold it against King if they don't make this right, because I didn't do business with them. I bought my cards from some guy in an ally.
Not at all how I see it...

This company is trying to branch out...the decks that aren’t problematic are fantastic, and assuming they’ll refund for the damaged decks, I’d certainly buy again...I think that expecting replacement cards (or even decks) and shipping defective cards back to them would be cost prohibitive, so I would expect refunds to be issued...it’s a shame that all the problems are with hearts, so we can’t even marry the decks to make at least SOME of them usable.

As for playing with them: I could tell EVERY time there was a heart on the top of the bridge size decks I bought...absolutely unplayable...the poker size are my favorite plastic cards I’ve played with...

since this is my first experience, thought it was gonna go a lot smoother.

I'm disappointed and regretful on behalf of the PCF community that your first dipping-toes-in-the-water didn't turn out better. Please believe me that it usually does -- and that's not a slam on xdan or Geremie, or anyone else for that matter, but just an acknowledgement that this one didn't go perfectly. :oops: :(

Send me your mailing address by PM and I'll send you a free sample label kit, if you like. :tup:

This company is trying to branch out...the decks that aren’t problematic are fantastic, and assuming they’ll refund for the damaged decks, I’d certainly buy again...I think that expecting replacement cards (or even decks) and shipping defective cards back to them would be cost prohibitive, so I would expect refunds to be issued...it’s a shame that all the problems are with hearts, so we can’t even marry the decks to make at least SOME of them usable.

As for playing with them: I could tell EVERY time there was a heart on the top of the bridge size decks I bought...absolutely unplayable...the poker size are my favorite plastic cards I’ve played with...
Oh wow! Your deck is much worse than mine. I have about 7-8 hearts with a slight warp. The 8-9-10 are the worst. If I hold the desk loosely on it's long edge, I can pick out where these 7 or 8 cars are located. If I place the deck flat, I can only see the 3 worst ones. Haven't tried putting one of the hearts on top of the deck. I'll try that in the morning.

I'm disappointed and regretful on behalf of the PCF community that your first dipping-toes-in-the-water didn't turn out better. Please believe me that it usually does -- and that's not a slam on xdan or Geremie, or anyone else for that matter, but just an acknowledgement that this one didn't go perfectly. :oops: :(

Send me your mailing address by PM and I'll send you a free sample label kit, if you like. :tup:

Thanks @Gear. Actually I may be hitting you up on some labels based on all the comments being made on your work. Looking to add fracs to a cash set I’m trying to put together.

Also I’m pretty sure GBs are great in this group; I’m in on the Ceramic chip GB being coordinated so graciously SeanGecko.

I'd gladly trade my warped bridge cards for anyone's unwanted poker size cards...I really do like the poker size. I think the bridge would be fine minus the defect.

I agree with this. 1) If any card is identifiable at all, the deck is unplayable. 2) If decks are unplayable, they should be replaced or refunded. The fact that the warped cards are the same ones for everyone points to a manufacturing defect. Kings should be able to identify this. 3) It is silly to expect the defect decks to be shipped back over. 4) I would not expect Kings to pay the cost of re-shipping over here. 5) I think the poker decks that I received are fantastic cards. I think they have an opportunity to really expand their market if they wish to. 6) It would be a really bad business decision to not replace this small amount of defective decks that have been identified. This a low cost opportunity to build a positive company image. 7) I think they will replace the decks once they are convinced they were defective. Sometimes this just takes a while.

I messaged again guys.
F7895AD1-4337-4810-8266-FC0BB816E28D.jpeg

@jonn1ecakes hey mate. Don’t let this deter you from future buys.
I’d write this off as an isolated incident.

Everyone here does an amazing job with bringing products and services to the community.
Rest assured, you have nothing to worry about.

I feel bad for those affected. I’m trying to get a solution.

No worries @xdan. I'm sure this is one-off incident. Everyone's been super helpful and nice when it comes to answering questions for a newb like me.

I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from though - what I thought would be a good product isn't. Sh*t happens and I know this. It's how a company handles it afterwards is what makes their customers keep coming back for more. I understand that if your contact is having some personal medical issues, than that absolutely must come first. Screw PCF. But if this is a company, wouldn't it make sense to let someone else know about a possible manufacture defect and get this addressed ASAP? To have to wait a week for a response to your inquiry in today's world is way too long; and you still haven't gotten a response to it. That's where I guess my distrust is - definitely not you guys that put this together or the rest of the community.

For context - I played a game this weekend and the 7d was bent during the evening. I was able to log onto Copag's site and have a replacement card coming to me in the mail THIS WEEK. I'm sure Copag is much larger and more established than King's but the reality of things is that with today's technology, people can get a solution to their problem quickly and easily. I actually really like these cards and I want to use them so badly but as @hoosierdonny said, hearts can be distinguishable when sitting on the top of the deck. I really hope we can get the hearts replaced but I think in the end, money back will probably be the easiest for King.

So I do have a follow up question - was this group buy done without the company knowing? Can we make contact with King and inquire about the cards or is this best to let your contact handle this and come up with a resolution?

So I do have a follow up question - was this group buy done without the company knowing? Can we make contact with King and inquire about the cards or is this best to let your contact handle this and come up with a resolution?

It was done in full conjunction.

I will PM those who messaged me that they are affected. I will discuss further what can be done.

I've been using my warped deck to see if maybe I can work the warps out with shuffling and handling. Just dealing out hands for fun, and used it in a friendly family game a couple of nights ago. Today I noticed this:

20200905_124133.jpg

It must have happened during the family game cuz I've dealt out enough hands since I got these that I think I would have noticed it sooner if it came this way. Anybody else see anything like this? Is this something that happens occasionally with plastic cards? I've only just started accumulating plastic decks this year.

The card is the 9 of spades, if that matters.

I've been using my warped deck to see if maybe I can work the warps out with shuffling and handling. Just dealing out hands for fun, and used it in a friendly family game a couple of nights ago. Today I noticed this:

View attachment 527567

It must have happened during the family game cuz I've dealt out enough hands since I got these that I think I would have noticed it sooner if it came this way. Anybody else see anything like this? Is this something that happens occasionally with plastic cards? I've only just started accumulating plastic decks this year.

Just to be clear, I am NOT slamming these cards. I love mine, and would replace this deck in a heartbeat next group buy. I really like the way they feel, shuffle and play. My question was of a general nature, applying to ANY decks of plastic cards. Just curious if this is something that does happen with use?

I’ve only opened 1 bridge deck so far (out of 4 total) . I can definitely pick out 2 warped cards. 4H and QH.

Just to be clear, I am NOT slamming these cards. I love mine, and would replace this deck in a heartbeat next group buy. I really like the way they feel, shuffle and play. My question was of a general nature, applying to ANY decks of plastic cards. Just curious if this is something that does happen with use?
Plastic cards can definitely crack/chip...most companies replace them free of charge...if you try to have it replaced and find difficulties, I believe I could send you a replacement from my deck (assuming they refund the money I paid for them)...lemme know!
Don

Plastic cards can definitely crack/chip...most companies replace them free of charge...if you try to have it replaced and find difficulties, I believe I could send you a replacement from my deck (assuming they refund the money I paid for them)...lemme know!
Don
Thanks. Yeah, I'm already getting a refund for my deck too. But I like it so much I would still like to use it for less serious play where the warped ones don't make too much difference. If you're not planning on using yours and don't mind breaking it up, then yeah, I'd love to have another 9 of spades. PM me after you get your refund and we can make arrangements.

View attachment 527567

I would not consider that normal. Is the normal colour the dark green or light green? I'm wondering if it is fading from sunlight, and part of the card was shaded.

I would not consider that normal. Is the normal colour the dark green or light green? I'm wondering if it is fading from sunlight, and part of the card was shaded.
I thought same thing at first lol. I think it’s just a shadow. Card chipped in the corner

Oh sorry. I hadn't noticed THAT! Yes, my office is close to a window, so the differences in color are caused by a shadow. I'm only referring to the chip in the lower corner.

I have finalised the refunds for those affected.
I think I’ve given this thread enough time to register any concerns.
The last refund to go through will be @hoosierdonny.
@Geremie was a great help in processing international refunds to minimise the fees.

Thanks everyone for partaking.
And sincerely apologies to those who had warped cards. It’s a shame but I think poker shop did a great job in recognising the error and rectifying the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom